80sCartoons.net Forum Index
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search 80sCartoons.net Forum Index

What 80's Cartoon are you watching at the moment?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'


Joined: 01 Jul 2016
Posts: 372
Location: Cybertron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We watched the best of Michaelangelo, 3 episode dvd last night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mikey
Tubular


Joined: 26 Aug 2014
Posts: 118

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Nice! I love Turbo Teen! I definitely enjoyed seeing this as a kid in the '80s. I've seen an episode in recent years and it's still a fun show to watch. Very Happy Cool
(I'd love to see a DVD release happen.)


Thanks! Unfortunately I only have 4 episodes on dvd. I would love to have the entire series.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'


Joined: 01 Jul 2016
Posts: 372
Location: Cybertron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and The Big Booncey are going to rewatch Ulysses 31 tonight. Might jump in with the couple of episodes I missed when we originally got it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SharpFork
Totally Bitchin'


Joined: 27 Jul 2013
Posts: 281

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey wrote:
MacGyver wrote:
Nice! I love Turbo Teen! I definitely enjoyed seeing this as a kid in the '80s. I've seen an episode in recent years and it's still a fun show to watch. Very Happy Cool
(I'd love to see a DVD release happen.)


Thanks! Unfortunately I only have 4 episodes on dvd. I would love to have the entire series.


The entire series is lost to time. Only a total of 6 episodes are available on the grey market (currently- hopefully more will turn up one day). Asked Warner about a possible release through their archive and unfortunately it will never happen due to licensing issues. :/




Last edited by SharpFork on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SharpFork
Totally Bitchin'


Joined: 27 Jul 2013
Posts: 281

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus Prime wrote:
Me and The Big Booncey are going to rewatch Ulysses 31 tonight. Might jump in with the couple of episodes I missed when we originally got it.


Great series. I have the beautifully remastered Australian dvd release from Madman entertainment, highly recommended but unfortunately long out of print now. Only downfall is the original pilot (only aired in Japan... It is a Japanese/French co-production afterall) is not included.
If only it was more popular in the US at the time, I think it was only broadcast for a total of 3 months and never re-aired. This means a US release will probably never happen (although a single disc with 3 or 5 episodes was released back in the early 2000s)


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SharpFork
Totally Bitchin'


Joined: 27 Jul 2013
Posts: 281

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MQuack wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:
Just started watching COPS volume 2 again. I know, but we don't have volume 1 yet, and Amazon are out of stock, but as soon as they get them back, bam, bought.


How is this show, I have it, just haven't popped it in yet. Smile



COPS is fantastic and you can find out the DEFINITIVE, complete and best quality way of viewing it in my description in this thread (just scroll down until you see the pictures of the COPS dvds I posted):

http://80scartoons.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Smile


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'


Joined: 01 Jul 2016
Posts: 372
Location: Cybertron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpFork wrote:
Great series. I have the beautifully remastered Australian dvd release from Madman entertainment, highly recommended but unfortunately long out of print now.


All the sets are out of print now, even the region 2 sets.

Luckily, I picked up the volumes seperately, for 12 for the 3, rather than the 60 for the boxset. Though a while back, CEX in Newcastle had the boxset for 25, but I missed out on it sadly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'


Joined: 01 Jul 2016
Posts: 372
Location: Cybertron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpFork wrote:
COPS is fantastic and you can find out the DEFINITIVE, complete and best quality way of viewing it in my description in this thread (just scroll down until you see the pictures of the COPS dvds I posted):

http://80scartoons.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Smile


That's a mighty fine collection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SharpFork
Totally Bitchin'


Joined: 27 Jul 2013
Posts: 281

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus Prime wrote:
SharpFork wrote:
Great series. I have the beautifully remastered Australian dvd release from Madman entertainment, highly recommended but unfortunately long out of print now.


All the sets are out of print now, even the region 2 sets.

Luckily, I picked up the volumes seperately, for 12 for the 3, rather than the 60 for the boxset. Though a while back, CEX in Newcastle had the boxset for 25, but I missed out on it sadly.


Yeah the UK set is oop but unfortunately it is in the wrong aspect ratio for some of the episodes and not remastered, just the original broadcast tape masters were used. Somehow they screwed up the framing on a few episodes :/


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'


Joined: 01 Jul 2016
Posts: 372
Location: Cybertron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it wasn't remastered, which is a shame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MacGyver
Cowabunga!


Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5364

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a 1980s cartoon, but I did just recently finish watching a 1990s cartoon based on a classic 1980s trilogy of movies- the Back to the Future movies! Very Happy Cool
I ran across the complete series of the "Back to the Future" cartoon on DVD at the library, so that was awesome! I went through and watched the whole thing just recently. It's fun to have additional adventures with Doc and Marty and Doc's family- and all the numerous Tannens throughout history! (And it's good to see Jennifer show up a few times- too bad Marty's immediate family never made an appearance.)
It has some improbable things of course- being that it is a cartoon aimed at children and all- but it's fun and enjoyable all around and the voices are generally spot on. (Much of the original cast returned for the show including Mary Steenburgen, Tom Wilson and Christopher Lloyd.) However, Christopher Lloyd didn't actually voice Doc- but he did do great live action introductions and science experiments at the end of the episode that kids could do (featuring Bill Nye the Science Guy demonstrating them!)
Very Happy Cool



_________________
"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by me." - Jesus (John 14:6)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O


Last edited by MacGyver on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MQuack
Tubular


Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Posts: 186

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also picked up both season releases, haven't watched through any yet, but definitely looking forward to it!



_________________
Check out my YouTube channel and subscribe please! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/quack34
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
Theme created by phpBBStyles.com | Themes Database