80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Request for Cover Art of unreleased series from the 70-80's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Request for Cover Art of unreleased series from the 70-80's Reply with quote

If you have links or cover art pics to unreleased series from the 70-80's please post them.

If there is enough material I intend to put together a folder in which there will be all necessary details to allow finding everything available about these series, in an alphabetical order.

I hope you will be interested in participating.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some VHS cover art for one of my favorite '80s cartoons from childhood that sadly will most likely never get a DVD release... Sad
(Of course, this is the series that was collectively known under the umbrella title of "The Comic Strip". The four cartoon shows that this series entailed are: TigerSharks, Karate Kat, Street Frogs and The Mini-Monsters. I LOVE this series! Smile Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Wizards the Movie 1977 Cover Art Link Reply with quote

Hi, everybody below is a link for an other great movie from 1977, Wizards. You can see the cover art by clicking on the link below

http://i.imgur.com/vmT0oBG.jpg

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! A Ralph Bakshi classic. Just so you know, it has been released to both DVD and Blu-Ray. Smile Cool

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:07 am    Post subject: Wizards Reply with quote

Yes I know, I just wanted to post it as a reminder/memory booster so that maybe, it will encourage some to start participating in discussing this.
Sometimes I think that people are not so much interested in older series.

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wizards Reply with quote

Chenchukon wrote:
Yes I know, I just wanted to post it as a reminder/memory booster so that maybe, it will encourage some to start participating in discussing this.
Sometimes I think that people are not so much interested in older series.

It is hard to draw the line between the old and the new if you ask me. I will ever love the older things because they remind me of better times and I had a ton of fun watching them, but there's so much new stuff to experience at the same time that, at times, it is hard to turn around to the old gold. Heck, I was a 90's freak when I joined and now I'm trying to catch up with series like "Girl Meets World", "Freaks and Geeks", newly-released movies and the like (being so invested that I haven't seen an older thing in months).

Last edited by IceDragon on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey- nice to see you back on here, ID. And hate to break it to you now, bud- but even "Freaks and Geeks" is considered old by some! (Which is crazy to me- I remember when it first released....lol Laughing )
But dude- I totally recommend "Girl Meets World"- I LOVE that show! Yes, it's a Disney show and I will say that proudly. Seriously- that is probably my favorite show on TV right now. (It's definitely the only one that I actually regularly follow.)

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Hey- nice to see you back on here, ID. And hate to break it to you now, bud- but even "Freaks and Geeks" is considered old by some! (Which is crazy to me- I remember when it first released....lol Laughing )
But dude- I totally recommend "Girl Meets World"- I LOVE that show! Yes, it's a Disney show and I will say that proudly. Seriously- that is probably my favorite show on TV right now. (It's definitely the only one that I actually regularly follow.)

I know, but it is new for me Wink!

And hey, "Girl Meets World" is seriously awesome! I have watched only three episodes to date, but man! Those were absolutely fantastic!

Nice to see that you are still around here, Mac Smile!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true. Yep- there are plenty of things still new to me. (like "The Facts of Life Reunion" movie- a TV-movie from 2001 that I just finally got around to seeing the other day- lol- still new to me! [I had taped it on VHS literally years ago and finally dug it out to convert it to DVD and watch it. By the way, there is no official DVD release for this, sadly. That's why I taped it when it aired some years ago.]

And thanks, ID- yeah, I still pop in here and there where I can to check in here. It's been kinda busy lately so I've only been able to get on every now and then and not quite every day like I was doing for a while- but I haven't forgotten you guys and the forums here. I'll be around, Lord willing. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: