80sCartoons.net Forum Index

folktales cartoon...you helped me with this question in 2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thorthemighty83
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject: folktales cartoon...you helped me with this question in 2010 Reply with quote

Hi guys!!

I posted this same question here in the forum about 5 years ago, looking for the name of a cartoon that was shown in the UK (I think channel 4). Was trying to think what it was in recent months, but once again I can't remember what it's called.

I tried to find the thread from back in 2010, but the forum does not go back that far [this was the original thread which no longer exists: http://80sCartoons.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16762#16762 ]

I remember that whoever replied to my inquiry managed to tell me what it was called straight away.

The cartoon may have been german, austrian or hungarian in origin...it was an animated show - about folktales...

a bear was the 'host' - he introduced the cartoons, there were two in each episode...and in the title sequence he lowered a sort of 'screen' with a rope upon which the title is written or appears...

it had a long title in the original language (and in english) ...it included a persons name, maybe the guy who wrote the stories or maybe it was the bear's name...

I remember that after finding out what it was i looked at clips on youtube (don't think there were many in english, mostly the original language).

One of the clips that was on youtube was about a clown doll (and other toys) given to a girl by her grandfather, but she mistreats the doll and he runs away - he flies with his ears at one point - ending up at a circus and his leg gets eaten by a donkey, but he is saved by an actual clown...can't remember what other clips I saw back in 2010 on youtube though...

but a couple of stories I remember existing include one about a snail train (which was an actual snail) and one about a kid whose grandad makes him a magic wooden toy car which grows to be life-size when wet

So I was wondering if you guys could help me out again (maybe you even have an archive of old threads you could check)...I would be most grateful for any assistance in trying to figure out what the show was for a second time

thank you in advance

TTM83

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try,...

Janosch's Dream World
a.k.a.Janoschs Traumstunde

-view-
at YouTube.com (German)

---

thorthemighty83
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it in one!!!...that's it

thanks a million straydog Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: