80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Help Identify 80s Cartoon about Squirrels Leaving the Forest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenokitten
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Help Identify 80s Cartoon about Squirrels Leaving the Forest Reply with quote

Hi, I am trying to track down a movie that I used to love as a kid. Hint, it's not once upon a forest nor ferngully Smile.

All I remember is there was definitely one male squirrel and MAYBE a female squirrel who leave their forest (I can't even remember why).

It had sort of anime-esque (but not really) artwork.

It was a full length movie, not a tv show.

It also was not Fables of The Green Forest although the art style was quite similar.

Also not secret of Nimh Smile

I realize I have very little to go on... I was probably 5 or 6 years old the last time I seen it.

I THINK the girl squirrel tried to convince him not to leave (or vice versa) and then ended up going after their mate when they realized they were gone.

I think the forest was either on fire or dying -- OR I think the squirrel was tired of living in the forest and wanted an adventure.

Any clues as to what this could be?

Edit to add: It's also not "Legend of the forest" - the film I recall had voice acting -- legend of the forest is sort of a fantasia-ish short film about a male and female squirrel, but it's not the film I'm looking for.

Edit2: It might possibly be Bannertail. I can't track down a video clip of it yet to confirm, but the art looks promising and seems aligned with what I remember. -- However, I can't find any information that this was ever dubbed into english, so I'm still not sure if it is the one I am thinking of...

Edit3: I finally found it I think here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087202/ It is called The Enchanted Journey. IMDB gives it 7.3 stars so clearly I'm not the only fan of this cartoon. Now I need to trackdown me a copy of it somewhere.

I was mistaken in the plot, the squirrel is actually leaving a city and moving to a forest. not leaving the forest, but this is definitely the show I was thinking of. Now I can go to sleep instead of scouring google/youtube lol.

LepricahnsGold
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is said cartoon, uploaded to YouTube, in case you needed to find it.

EDIT: Sadly, the YouTube account that had The Enchanted Forest uploaded is no longer active.

"Oh, those kids are after me Lucky Charms!" - Lucky

Last edited by LepricahnsGold on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: