20th Century Fox needs to release CBS Storybreak
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by Chenchukon

Quote:
I don't know why it is so hard to find series or certain episodes from the 70s and 80s I'm trying to find some or all episodes from the these series:

CBS Storybreak(I'm looking for these 8 episodes: The Great Ringtail Garbage Caper, The Double Disappearance of Walter Fozbek, The Pig Plantagenet, The Roquefort Gang, Mama Don't Allow, Max and Me and the Time Machine,
Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy and the Camel with the Wrinkled Knees, and What Happened in Hamelin).

Please help.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally posted by chatchamood

Quote:

chatchamood

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:43 pm Post subject: CBS Storybreak The Complete Series- Will it come to DVD?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The series has 26 episodes but only 14 are available.

The missing episodes are: 1.The Great Ringtail Garbage Caper 2.Hank the Cowdog 3.The Double Disappearance of Walter Fozbek 4.The Pig Plantagenet 5.Hugh Pine 6.The Roquefort Gang 7.Mama Don't Allow 8.Max and Me and the Time Machine 9.Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy and the Camel with the Wrinkled Knees 10.The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek 11.Grinny and 12.What Happened in Hamelin.

Originally posted by SharpFork

Quote:

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:37 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many of those episodes ARE available. The only ones I can say for sure that Im missing are:

Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy and the Camel with the Wrinkled Knees
The Roquefort Gang
The Great Ringtail Garbage Caper
Hugh Pine

Originally posted by chatchamood

Quote:

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:31 am

Thanks for the information.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an effort to consolidate, I've combined an earlier thread with this one. For all future conversations on the possibility of CBS Storybreak coming to DVD in a complete series release, please keep them confined to the thread here so we don't have multiple threads in different forums. That should help everyone find any and all updates on this topic without worrying about possibly missing anything in any other threads. Thanks. Smile Cool

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it were available on Amazon or Ebay or any other website. Idea

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have other websites.

thinice
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see this released as well.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like there's nothing new on the CBS Storybreak Series release.
Nevertheless we should continue to discuss this topic, because as it happened in the past, somebody might join the discussion and come up with new details.

I hope it happens soon.

jny5
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpFork wrote:
They are coming in 2015, that is all the episodes they have retained the rights to- many of these are based upon children's novels and unless they pull something out of their hat, it will be an incomplete release. The raggedy Ann and Andy special, Chocolate Fever, and some moreI can't think of- I don't think will be included.

No, they are not releasing the series on DVD in 2015. Where are you people coming up with this stuff? Fox doesn't own any CBS stuff. CBS owns their own stuff via CBS Television distribution. This has gotten out of hand? Where are you people getting this info. Its all untrue. Trust me, I know.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information, jny5.
Just to point out, SharpFork mentioned that he had contacted the company in this post:
Quote:
I just got off the phone with them- sadly, there are absolutely no plans to release this series in its complete form and the person I spoke with said "it's highly requested but unfortunately a licensing nightmare- if anything a few of the episodes may be released as stand alone films or in a small set of the few episodes we have retained the rights to"

Have you heard an update from CBS on this then? I don't mean to question the veracity of posts, but as I have emphasized elsewhere, if anyone has updates on any cartoon DVD release information, please be sure to post a source if at all possible. (I realize that sometimes it's not possible when the information may only be insider knowledge that is only unofficially being posted, etc.) Thanks for any help on this.

I don't have a stake in this myself, but for the sake of the fans of the cartoon, I do hope it gets a DVD release (even if only an incomplete one) sometime soon. As with many things in life, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Originally posted by Chenchukon]

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:58 pm Post subject: The directors' change in CBS Storybreak Series

As known, CBS Storybreak was produced by Southern Star Productions, Hanna-Barbera Australia, CBS Entertainment Production and distributed by CBS.

What's interesting, is that in the 3 seasons, the directors of 24 episodes were Gordon Kent and Chris Cuddington. Only 2 episodes were directed by other directors: Ray Patterson and Don Patterson, and Don MacKinnon.

From the 18 episodes available, the 2nd episode of the first season-Yeh-Shen: A Cinderella Story From China- was directed by Ray and Don Patterson.
If you watched the series you might have detected differences in the way this episode was directed. As to the other director, Don MacKinnon, we don't know if such changes exist because the episode-Raggedy Ann And Raggedy Andy And The Camel With The Wrinkled Knees-is not available.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Originally posted by Chenchukon]

It is well known that every episode of this series is based on a children's book. Further on is the list of the teleplayers (Re-writers) that adapted the books to TV. Of course, the list contains only 18 episodes, because these are the ones ever available to the public. This is the list:

Episode 2 - Yeh-Shen A Cinderella Story from China: Malcolm Marmorstein
Episode 3 – Robbut: A Tale of Tails Cliff Ruby and Elana Lesser
Episode 4 – How to Eat Fried Worms Michael Maurer
Episode 5 – Zucchini Paul Haggis
Episode 6 - Hank the Cowdog Sharman Divono
Episode 8 - Chocolate Fever Robert Kimmel Smith
Episode 9 - Dragon’s Blood Michael Reaves
Episode 10 - Arnold of the Ducks Mark Evanier
Episode 11 - C.L.U.T.Z. Sharman Divono
Episode 12 - Witch-Cat Cliff Ruby and Elana Lesser
Episode 14 - Harry, The Fat Bear Gordon R. Kent
Episode 15 - Hugh Pine Michael Reaves
Episode 17 - Jeffrey's Ghost and the Leftover Baseball Team Malcolm Marmorstein
Episode 21 - Ratha's Creature Gordon Kent
Episode 22 - The Monster's Ring Rowby Goren
Episode 23 - The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek J. Michael Straczynski
Episode 24 - The Gammage Cup Gordon R. Kent
Episode 25 – Grinny Michael Cassutt

If anyone can add to the list that would be great.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Producers of CBS Storybreak Reply with quote

Further dissecting the CBS Storybreak Series, here's the list of the series producers. Interesting is the fact that contrary to what we know about the directors and writers that adapted the books to TV, the list contains 23 producers, out of 26 total episodes.

Produced By Steve Lumley, Buzz Potamkin, Paul Bogrow
Produced By Steve Lumley, Allan Stevens, Buzz Potamkin, Paul Bogrow
Produced By Allan Stevens, Buzz Potamkin, Paul Bogrow

It is worthwhile to mention that there is information that either gets lost or somehow is publish incorrectly. For example, in the list above producers Paul Bogrow is mentioned in all the known episodes. Yet, in a known newspaper such as The New York Times, in the Biography section, this producer is mention in only 15 episodes. Who is the more reliable source then?

Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is definitely a question I have had to ask myself over the years. It's hard to determine sometimes.

The source's past reliability, their expertise, and their closeness to the material are some of the things I use to determine reliability. Not only that, but common sense. If my gut says to question it, there's probably a good reason.

As for why Paul is only mentioned in 15 by the NYT, it could be that Paul had very little to do with the production of the other episodes, but was credited due to a technicality. So it may be that they are both accurate in their way. It wouldn't hurt to try to contact the writer for the NYT and ask them about their sources for that information. They might be willing to respond.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Aurora,

I think I'll do just that and if there are findings that are worthwhile to share I'll do so.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you suggested I contacted NYT biography section in regard to that discrepancy via email since they don't answer phone calls.

Sorry to say that, but not only didn't I get any reply, they also won't answer on the direct line of that newspaper section. So bottom line, I think that their editor made a mistake and doesn't want to admit it.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: The source stories of CBS Storybreak Reply with quote

In one of my previous posts I mentioned that all the episodes from CBS Storybreak are based on children books. Here are images of those books:

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep- I have read some of these and heard of a number of others. I personally highly recommend "Chocolate Fever" by Robert Smith and "How to Eat Fried Worms" by Thomas Rockwell- both great, fun books. Very Happy Cool

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MacGyver,
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I never read any of those books, but based on their interpretation for the cartoon series, I know that these are very enjoyable books for children. That is why after having watched most of the episodes from the CBS Storybreak Series, I'm trying to find the 8 missing episodes so hard.
And as you know already, I'll keep trying.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: CBS Storybreak Books Synopsis Reply with quote

9 months ago I've posted the book covers on which the CBS Storybreak series is based on. Here is the synopsis of the stories.

The Great Ringtail Garbage Caper - It’s about a band of raccoons that are trying to keep their food supply when a pair of efficient young garbage collectors try to take it away.
Yeh-Shen: A Cinderella Story from China – this tale of Yeh-Shen is part of China's storytelling tradition. She meets a magic fish names Gold Eyes that helps her.
Robbut: A Tale of Tails - Dissatisfied with his own tail, a young rabbit tries out that of a cat, a garter snake, and a fox.
How to Eat Fried Worms - A funny story about a boy named Billy that is challenged to eat a worm a day for 15 days to win a shiny new dirt bike.
Zucchini - Zucchini, a rare black-footed ferret, escapes from the zoo he was born in to look for his real home on the prairie.
Hank the Cowdog - the intrepid head of ranch security, faces a challenge from a chicken killer on the loose.
The Double Disappearance of Walter Fozbek - Walter Fozbek wakes up in a world inhabited by dinosaurs where humans have been extinct for a million years.
Chocolate Fever - The first known case occurs in a boy who dotes on the stuff and suddenly breaks out in little brown spots.
Dragon's Blood - An orphan on a distant planet vows to earn his freedom by training a dragon to be a champion fighter.
Arnold of the Ducks - is about a lost boy who is found by ducks and raised as their own
C.LU.T.Z. - The story is about an older ***** robot owned by a family that can't afford a modern robot butler.
Witch-Cat - A young girl adopts a stray cat. She doesn’t know that the cat is on a mission to train her as a good witch, the only one born in this century.
The Pig Plantagenet - organizes his fellow creatures into a stampede when they are faced with extermination by the lord of a nearby mansion.
Harry, The Fat Bear Spy - is ordered to find out why all the macaroons in Bearmania are coming out green, a task that entails some danger.
Hugh Pine - is a porcupine who, unlike his fellow porcupines, learns how not to get run over while crossing busy roads.
The Roquefort Gang - Three street-smart mice are chased by an evil cat as they try to rescue twin mice that disappeared in the perilous Wild-berry Lot (in the city dump).
Jeffrey's Ghost and the Leftover Baseball Team - A baseball group of children no one else wants on a team turns into winners with the help of a friendly boy ghost.
Mama Don't Allow - Miles teams up with three other musicians to form the Swamp Band, in a tale inspired by an American folksong.
Max and Me and the Time Machine - Steve and Max are transported by time machine to medieval England, into the bodies of a young knight and his trusty horse, and find them deeply in danger, intrigue, and adventure.
Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy and the Camel with the Wrinkled Knees - Raggedy Ann, Raggedy Andy, and friends are brought to life in this story of The Camel with the Wrinkled Knees, that is told with a new twist.
Ratha's Creature - Ratha, a yearling from a clan of intelligent cats living in an alternate prehistoric time, is exiled for learning to handle fire, and then caught up in a war between her clan and the Un-Named, a band of hunter cats.
The Monster's Ring - Russell is sure that the ring is just a silly magic trick, but he follows the instructions and twists the ring twice anyway - and becomes a monster!
The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek – The twins Joan and Joey Brown find a Stegosaurus, but nobody believed them because George the dino was very shy. He did his best to help the twins with their schemes to make money to finance their mother's dry little ranch on Cricket Creek.
The Gammage Cup – It’s an epic tale about the race of people called the Minnipins, the tiny folks who become mighty heroes.
Grinny - Who, or what, is Grinny? Where has she come from? What does she want from the Carpenter family? She’s a female robot.
What Happened in Hamelin - After the townspeople of Hamelin refuse to pay the gypsy piper for ridding their city of rats, the piper's young apprentice discovers his master's horrifying scheme to revenge himself on Hamelin's children.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(originally posted by Chenchukon)

To follow up on the CBS Storybreak, I've found on youtube the following episodes. Here are the links:

Yeh-shen: A Cinderella Story from China
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3JZDb8ddiU
Robbut: A Tale Of Tails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A22Fou8lYqk
How To Eat Fried Worms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHvtiDtFNw4
Zucchini
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnDX3GpJy30
Hank The Cowdog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzW5JhcY2c0
Chocalate Fever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdoV-ddiATM&t=1130s
Dragon's Blood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT1QKeUIIrY
Arnold Of The Ducks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfU3NjNn1uI
C.L.U.T.Z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAfeVUAAr38
Witch Cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIPjHZ1US4I
Harry, The Fat Bear Spy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPnvX98BjAA
Hugh Pine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKSRwUdjIhk
The Roquefort Gang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_AFJXXaf7c
Jeffrey's Ghost and the Leftover Baseball Team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqsTuElw6dI
Mama Don't Allow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgWbFwDdjMg
Ratha's Creature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=div-aH50vzc
The Monster's Ring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfBxsskSFzQ
The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nfGSC6zozQ
The Gammage Cup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jzVH5swa5w
Grinny C:\Users\selrom\Desktop\CBS Storybreak Grinny.wmv

Hope you enjoy it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: