80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Continuity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Volunteering/Content Change Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Continuity Reply with quote

Hi MacGyver,

There are series that began before 1980s, continued through the 80's and sometimes, maybe under a different distributor, went in to the 90's.

When such issues occur and a series is presented, important information might get lost, because this is a website of the 80's cartoons.

What is the policy regarding this issue. Are we allowed to connect between the decades before and after the 80's? Meaning, can we discuss and show such connections according to the sites rules?
Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chenchukon,
The site is specifically dedicated to 1980s cartoons. While I am sure we can give some leeway, in general this means the site is primarily dedicated to the cartoons that aired between the years of 1980 to 1989. Of course, I personally consider any cartoon that even started as late as 1989 and ran into the 1990s to still be a '80s cartoon just because it had its origin in that decade. (For instance, Babar started in 1989 and ran until 1993 and you will see that it has its own page on the site.
As to cartoons that started in the '70s and ran into the '80s, those are included in the site's scope as well. For instance, Flash Gordon started in 1979 and ran into 1981 and it also has a page on the site.)
So the site archives information on any cartoon or even some specials and TV-movies, etc. that fall into those specifications. And of course, for any cartoon outside of that scope, there is the Other Cartoons forum to discuss those shows.
It's no problem to have posts discussing cartoons from different eras other than the '80s; we just need to keep the threads posted in the appropriate forums. Thanks for the question- a good thing to clarify. Smile

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MacGyver, I happily read your reply.

I will later look into the series that spill over from one decade to another.

Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking on the question while I was away, MacGyver.

The site focuses on cartoons which aired new episodes in the 80's.

There are many shows which don't quite fall into this category, but you might remember seeing them in the 80's. Some shows started airing in the 70's and continued into the 80's, but only the ones which aired new episodes in the 1980's will be featured. Some shows started in the 70's but only aired repeats in the 80's. Those will not be featured here.

Does that make sense?

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help, Aurora. Thanks for the further explanation- that makes sense, as cartoons that only had repeats in the '80s can readily just be considered primarily '70s cartoons. And those cartoons can be discussed in the Other Cartoons forum.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Volunteering/Content Change Requests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: