80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego Reply with quote

I might have to pick this up since it's a great price for a 4 disc set.

http://www.amazon.com/Where-Earth-Carmen-Sandiego-Complete/dp/B006WNSHUY/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1407339158&sr=1-1&keywords=carmen+sandiego

Has anyone seen this show before? Thoughts?

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember watching "Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?" some as a kid- it's a fun series.
It mainly ran from 1994 to 1995, but there were sporadic episodes aired after that through 1999- with 40 episodes total.
I've never played the video games, but I know it originated as a PC game series in the '80s- an educational but fun game series that teaches geography while detectives track master criminal Carmen Sandiego all over the earth.
I have to say though- I think I liked the live action game show, "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" even better- but both are good. (The game show definitely has a much more memorable theme song, to me anyway.)
But it's all good- I used to have some of the book series by John Peel- those were really fun. And I had one of the Carmen Sandiego board games (I think it was either the "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" or "Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego?" game.)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I loved the PC Game (itīs actually the second one I have ever played), but, even when I watched the cartoon a few times, I can not honestly say that I liked it very much (though I met a lot of fans of it).

Itīs very well done on the technical aspects, and is said that it has one of the greatest endings for any cartoon yet. So, if money isn't a problem, Iīd say: go ahead and pick it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: