80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Snoopy Dooby Doo :-)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Snoopy Dooby Doo :-) Reply with quote

I found this online and thought other fans of Scooby-Doo and Snoopy and the Peanuts gang would enjoy it. Very Happy Cool

(See this site for the story behind it.)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the magic of the interwebs!!

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always like to see a good crossover. Plus the art on this one itīs really sweet.

Thanks for sharing, man!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah- I found it at random the other day and thought that was way cool. Crossovers are definitely fun- and I'm a big fan of both of these characters. Very Happy Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another fun Peanuts crossover I just ran across:

It's The Great Batman, Charlie Brown! Very Happy Cool Laughing

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out these awesome fan-drawn tributes to the villians of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" Very Happy Cool

Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Check out these awesome fan-drawn tributes to the villians of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" Very Happy Cool

Those were Awesome! Robot Charlie is a favorite, but not really evil. That darn Sara.... Very Happy

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah- Charlie wasn't really evil, per se. But it's still a cool rendering of him as a robotic villian. If the villians looked like these takes, kids would definitely have been pretty frightened watching this show.

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:

Holy cow! those were amazingly cool. Redbeard -from that pic at least- should totally be my avatar, but I grew an appreciation for poor Furrball... maybe next time.

I will have to spread the word about those epic drawings. I can already see most of my friends drooling about them Laughing

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah- they are epic, definitely. Smile Cool
By the way, I like Furball- I appreciate the Tiny Toons Adventures avatar- one of my favorite cartoons.

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I found some more fan art involving Charlie Brown and his pals, so here we go: http://www.dorkly.com/post/67695/the-best-charlie-brown-mashup-fan-art/page:4 Thumbs up for Doctor Who-Brown Laughing

Last edited by IceDragon on Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome find! Thanks for the link. I particularly enjoyed the Marvel and DC Comics versions- the Star Wars one was good too. Hahaha- LOVE the Doctor Who one with The Doctor in Lucy's booth- lol. Laughing

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some more fun Scooby-Doo mashup drawings!
First off, as a big fan of both Superman and Hanna-Barbera, it was really great to find this drawing of them together.
And here's an interesting custom fanmade action figures version of Scooby and the gang (including Scrappy!). (The characters look like they're inspired by the Evil Dead movies or something.)

Speaking of Scrappy-Doo though, here's an image I found online. Cool to know he was included as a toy in a 1996 Burger King Kids Club meal promotion along with Scooby-Doo and the rest of the gang.

And as a huge fan of both The Muppets and Scooby-Doo, I LOVE this mashup drawing! (And it includes Scrappy too! Yay! I love Scrappy along with the rest of the gang. Smile )
(The Muppet Mindset is a great Muppet fan blog, by the way, for anyone interested.) Very Happy Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found yet another totally awesome Scooby-Doo crossover and interesting trivia fact today. According to this fan page, at one time ABC had planned to air a show entitled "Scooby and Scrappy-Doo with The Fonz" in the fall of 1982. For some reason, it was cancelled before it went into production.
(And Fonzie wound up being paired up with Laverne & Shirley in their cartoon. Happy Days had its spinoff cartoon series, "The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang", already running. It started November 8, 1980 and ran until November 28, 1981, going for two seasons. On October 10, 1981 the Happy Days spinoff show, Laverne & Shirley, got its own cartoon spinoff called "Laverne & Shirley in the Army". For its second season, the cartoon got other characters added and was expanded to be an hour long. In this new version of the show, there was also a cartoon version of Mork & Mindy running, yet another spinoff show from "Happy Days". This was one segment of this series, which started September 25, 1982 and ran to March 1983 for its run. The "Laverne & Shirley in the Army" cartoon was renamed "Laverne & Shirley with The Fonz", as the characters of Fonzie and Mr. Cool (his dog on the cartoon) were added to the show, with Fonzie becoming chief mechanic of the motorpool in the Army.
The new combined series was called "The Mork & Mindy/Laverne & Shirley/Fonz Hour". Due to Cindy Williams quitting the "Laverne & Shirley" live action series in August 1982 (along with her acting duties on the cartoon based on the series- she and Penny Marshall and Henry Winkler and Robin Williams and Pam Dawber all voiced their respective cartoon characters), there were only 8 episodes that had been produced for the new iteration of the L&S cartoon. Reruns of "Laverne & Shirley in the Army" were run for the rest of the run of "The Mork & Mindy/Laverne & Shirley/Fonz Hour" cartoon.)
Sorry- I know that's a lot of information that gets kind of convoluted, but hopefully that helps explain a little more about these cartoons and how this crossover almost came to be.
And to get back to that crossover, unfortunately the series never happened. However, there were some cells that were made in anticipation of the show!
So, check out this awesome image of Fonzie getting licked by Scooby-Doo! Very Happy Cool
Aaaaayyyyy! Today on The New Scooby-Doo Movies, Scooby and the gang meet The Fonz! Coolamundo!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: