80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Skeleton Warriors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Skeleton Warriors Reply with quote

Just picked this up from Amazon, was at a great price of $9.99. Judging by the artwork looks like a great cartoon with lots of action and cool looking skeletons! Has anyone seen this before? Does it have much of a following?

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of Skeleton Warriors. I've seen a VHS release in thrift stores a number of times. It seems to be an early '90s fantasy show of some sort. I've never seen it and don't remember hearing of it in th. 1990s, but the artwork definitely looks pretty cool. It got a DVD release, so it must have some kind of fan following, even if only a small one. Let us know what the show's like when you get a chance to watch it. Smile

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to watch and enjoy it. In fact many of us He-Fans liked it due to the similar mixture of fantasy and Sci-fi theme.

It was actually quite popular at the time and still has a cult following. In fact there was recently a Kickstarter program to get new action figures made. I believe it was actually successful, but I'm not sure what the current status of the project is.

If I remember correctly this was one of several shows (Project G.K.R was another) to get screwed over by CBS changing policies. Sometime in the mid nineties the network decided to pull the plug on the entire Saturday morning cartoon lineup -regardless of ratings- and replaced it all with children's educational programming.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the dvd set was so terribly authored that there are major glitches with the menu and certain episodes :/ stay away unless you dont mind pain in the butt releases!

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SharpFork wrote:
Unfortunately the dvd set was so terribly authored that there are major glitches with the menu and certain episodes :/ stay away unless you dont mind pain in the butt releases!

What a shame! I hate it when they just don't care.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: