80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Hold On, TigerSharks (for the DVD!) :-)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Hold On, TigerSharks (for the DVD!) :-) Reply with quote

And Tally Hawk- more SilverHawks DVDs may be on the way too.
Check out the link below- it looks like with the proposed appearances of the SilverHawks and TigerSharks in the new ThunderCats cartoon, Warner Bros. may just be willing to promote it with the rest of the SilverHawks episodes on DVD and maybe even TigerSharks on DVD!!!
WOW- that would be awesome to have both fully out on DVD! (And of course, the original 1980s ThunderCats series is already out in its entirety on DVD.)
I hope that a TigerSharks release would also incorporate all the rest of The Comic Strip as well (Karate Kat, Street Frogs and The Mini-Monsters) but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, this is definitely really exciting news for fans of these classic '80s Rankin Bass cartoons. Very Happy Cool

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Silverhawks-DVDs-Planned/15874

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
TSHARKfan1
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is GREAT news, McG. but honestly, the only other show that i would like to see added on, from the Comic Strip, would be Karate Kat.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was an avid fan of The Comic Strip as a child- grew up watching it with all 4 segments interlaced with each other- I will say "Street Frogs" was probably my least favorite (but it's okay)- but outside of TigerSharks, Karate Kat was definitely one of my top favorites, along with The Mini Monsters.
In any case, I kinda have a suspicion that if anything from The Comic Strip gets released, it may just be the TigerSharks as they're wanting to market that particular aspect of it. I hope all of it will get released though, mainly because I tend to be a completionist and like to see it all available...
Anyway- excited to see more details as they come... Smile

Last edited by MacGyver on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, check out this link for a preview of the cameo from the SilverHawks and TigerSharks in the 2011 ThunderCats cartoon!

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/08/30/new-thundercats-silverhawks-tigersharks-reveal-episode-7-legacy/

It will be in the "Legacy" episode, which is set to air Friday night on Cartoon Network! Very Happy Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Warner Bros. Archive came through with the rest of SilverHawks- (Volume 2 with the remaining 33 episodes releases October 4, 2011 - see http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Silverhawks-Season-1-Volume-2/16019)

so hopefully TigerSharks (and the rest of The Comic Strip) is still soon on the way too! Very Happy Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, this has still not happened and by now, some people have probably already mostly forgotten the 2011 ThunderCats revival cartoon.
I'd still love to see The Comic Strip on DVD in its entirety (Because if you're going to release any of the series, you might as well release the whole thing- and I happen to love all of it!)
Anyway, while TigerSharks is of course probably the best remembered and loved cartoon from that block, I ran across something today from another one of my favorite cartoons from The Comic Strip series- The Mini-Monsters! Very Happy Cool

I'm not positive, but it looks like this is a coloring book released back in 1989 or so- somewhere in a Spanish-speaking country, based on The Mini-Monsters. (As near as I can tell, it looks like it's an actual product sold- though I don't know if it was actually officially licensed.)

Very Happy Cool
Cool find nonetheless, since I haven't seen any other merchandise for The Comic Strip outside of the 4 VHS tapes released and the TigerSharks action figures and toys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: