80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Saban's Peter Pan (Looking for english episodes) vhs recorde
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons for Sale/Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geextah
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Saban's Peter Pan (Looking for english episodes) vhs recorde Reply with quote

Anyone have Saban's adventures of Peter Pan (anime version of pp)
english episodes recorded from the 90s?

I think it was shown in several countries with englush language and text from the country for example on channel Gold10 in Dutch with english audio and dutch subtitles

Best regards anyone who have any episodes recorded please msg me

Last edited by geextah on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:37 am; edited 2 times in total
geextah
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by geextah on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few DVDs of Saban's Peter Pan was released in the UK under the Jetix label. Unfortunately not the complete series but the few episodes released are remastered. I think there's 3-4 single disc releases with 3 episodes per disc.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Saban's Peter Pan series- I used to watch that as a kid. One of the few series that I think can be classified anime that I actually like. Smile Great series. Hope you can track down the few DVDs that have been released- hopefully the whole series will get a DVD release at some point.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
jehanbosch
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I collect all anime versions of Peter Pan
There is no complete collection of DVDs of the Fox series at the moment.
5 episodes on one DVD were released in Britain; it is deleted but you can easily obtain it on ebay.co.uk.
Four VHS with 3 episodes each were also released in the UK. I had these converted to DVD.
In France half of the series was released on DVD. The DVD box is deleted too and the quality is not good.
In Italy recently were issued 3 DVDs with 5 episodes each; they are still available.
There is supposed to be a new release in Britain, scheduled in 2020.
All episodes are on YouTube but the quality is bad.
I received a complete collection from an American lady in return for my DVDs. But this is not to be viewed on a DVD player , only on computer.
Finally do not buy this particular series on IOffer as the quality is awful.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I LOVE the 1990s "Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates" cartoon too. I'd love to see a complete series DVD release for that too.
This thread is actually talking about Saban's anime Peter Pan series from the late '80s though. Do you know anything more on DVD releases for that series? Thanks for your input and welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here. Very Happy Cool

jehanbosch
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi In Europe BOTH Peter Pan series were managed by Saban during the very SAME years.
The series you meant is the Japanese "Peter Pan No Bo(u)ken" or "Peter Pan - the Animated Series". While the rights of the Fox series are in limbo the Japanese serial is still jealously guarded.
-In Japan the entire TV show is still available on DVD. I bought all 10 volumes but they are in JAPANESE with NO subtitles or captions.
-In Scandinavia 6 VHS were issued. I own one Danish VHS and am presently bidding on 3 Swedish VHS. At least 2 DVDs exist but they are on a site that does not allow foreigners as far as i know.
-In Germany first 5 VHS were released with episodes 1-10, afterwards 2 compilation VHS and finally 3 DVDs with ep. 1-6. So i had episode 7-10 transferred from VHS to one DVD.
-In Britain 3 VHS were issued with ep. 1-6. After that a single DVD with ep. 1-5.
-In Italy 6 VHS were released; volume 6 even with the final episodes! No official DVDs exist but i bought the whole series in SPOKEN Italian. It are bootlegs copied from bootlegs. Regretfully the last disc with episode 39-41 is defective but my friend ms. Zeynep sent me these episodes in Japanese with SUBTITLES in ENGLISH.
-In France 4 VHS were issued with ep. 1-13 but because of SECAM they only play in black & white on my VCR. Transferring these to DVD would have cost me twice as much as usual but again Zeynep came to my rescue and sent me episode 11-13 with subtitles.
-In Latin America bootleg DVDs exist but in Spanish or Portuguese. Also they are awfully expensive.
Nevertheless i could give you the link to Zeynep's website if you want to..
However, i searched far and wide but no DVDs in SPOKEN ENGLISH seem to exist apart from the UK one. The nearest thing is in Japanese with English subtitles.
At present i am putting the scans of the Peter Pan merchandise on Pinterest to award Zeynep for her generosity.
Best, Johan

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow- that's really interesting. I didn't know Saban had the rights to both those Peter Pan cartoons at one point. Thanks so much for the DVD and VHS release information- I'm sure some Peter Pan fans here will appreciate that. I like both series, but I'm not wanting to invest in much of anything right now- lol. Maybe one day though if the "Fox's Peter Pan & The Pirates" series ever gets an official DVD release- I'd be interested in that. Smile Cool

jehanbosch
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I better put the link to ms. Zeynep's website/page on this website:
http://www.fandomzz.com/peterpanmain.htm
By the way i never bought anything from Zeynep. I simpled traded 4 DVD-Rs of a high quality for her discs..
You do not live in Australia I think? We are still after the Australian VHS of the Fox Peter Pan series..
I will put the link to my Pinterest board on as well:
https://www.pinterest.com/jehanbosch/peter-pan/
I am fairly good at chasing after Peter Pan merchandise..
Yeah.. Christmas time is expensive to most of us..
I love your motto.
Mine is from the original Peter Pan: "Dying would be an awfully big adventure.". A bit morbid, though.
Best, J.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, jehanbosch. And for the compliment- the Peter Pan quote is a pretty neat one too, even if a bit on the morbid side. There is a curiousity to the unknown.....Of course, when it comes to dying I trust in the first quote in my signature- that my faith in Jesus gives me life abundant and life eternal with Him in Heaven. Smile And I believe He's made that available to all who trust in Him by faith through His death and Resurrection to pay for all our wrongs.
(And that's ultimately what I'm celebrating as Christmas nears- it's what I celebrate at Easter too- but basically, I celebrate both every day. Cool )
If I ever find anything on the Peter Pan VHS and/or DVDs, I'll be sure to post it here. Take care and God bless. Very Happy

geextah
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 14 episodes in total in english with Saban's Peter Pan + all DVD releases ever given out Smile....! so missing episode 15-41

I have 3 VHS tapes on sale here http://www.tradera.com/item/302150/247400277/peter-pan-japan-anime-80-tal-rare-

Anyone have Sky One recordings or Gold10 with Peter Pan from the late 80s early 90s?

Exclamation Smile i'll be happy to buy

jehanbosch
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply MacGyfer. I am a Lutheran (of the High Church type) so i know what you are talking about. My stepniece is married to a minister.
And i will be adding scans to my Pinterest board for a long time as i somehow accumulated a lot of stuff throughout the years. And i just started with Pinterest...
As for geextah: i already sent you an email about the Peter Pan VHS. But your advertisement clearly stated for Swedish customers only. While i live in the Netherlands although i am most atypical Dutch. I would gladly buy your VHS if i am allowed to pay by Paypal.
I do have the other episodes in Japanese only, in Italian , in Spanish and in Japanese with ENGLISH SUBTITLES.

geextah
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jehanbosch wrote:
geextah: i already sent you an email about the Peter Pan VHS. But your advertisement clearly stated for Swedish customers only. While i live in the Netherlands although i am most atypical Dutch. I would gladly buy your VHS if i am allowed to pay by Paypal.
I do have the other episodes in Japanese only, in Italian , in Spanish and in Japanese with ENGLISH SUBTITLES.

Hm maybe can change to international buyers allowed i will check the account if thats possible!

Oh ok i only search for english dubbed episodes 15-41

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for the reply MacGyfer. I am a Lutheran (of the High Church type) so i know what you are talking about. My stepniece is married to a minister.
And i will be adding scans to my Pinterest board for a long time as i somehow accumulated a lot of stuff throughout the years. And i just started with Pinterest...

Nice! There are ministers in my family too. And I have visited at Lutheran churches before- I have some friends that are of denominations that are closely aligned to Lutherans. I consider myself more of a non-denominational Christian, though I generally lean toward the Baptist tradition.
And that Pinterest board is amazing!!! Nice work compiling all that information on Peter Pan- I enjoyed perusing through it. Very Happy Cool

jehanbosch
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MacGyfer
Thank you for the compliments. And there is far more Peter Pan to come. I am interested in all cartoon versions of PP and recently discovered three more: one Brazilian and two Japanese.
The only version i seriously object to are the comic books of Loisel for obvious reasons. Regrettably there exist more comic books that portray a Peter that does not agree with Barrie's original.
My extended family followed several denominations and i had no objections to any but the fringe groups. I even read the late Ellen G. White of the Seventh Day Adventists because of her exemplary beautiful prose but do not share her views.
My favourite "Life of Christ" is by a 19th century Anglican. Its prose has a nearly hypnotic quality.
Have a nice Christmas, Johan.

jehanbosch
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi geextah
Can you at least tell me how many Peter Pan VHS of this Japanese version exist in Sweden?
Six or four? With 13 episodes total?
Maybe you can list your VHS again after the auction is over and they are not sold so that i can buy these from the Netherlands.
I would buy these now but i do not think Tradera will allow it.
Best wishes and have a nice Christmas too, Johan

geextah
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by geextah on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi MacGyfer
Thank you for the compliments. And there is far more Peter Pan to come. I am interested in all cartoon versions of PP and recently discovered three more: one Brazilian and two Japanese.
The only version i seriously object to are the comic books of Loisel for obvious reasons. Regrettably there exist more comic books that portray a Peter that does not agree with Barrie's original.
My extended family followed several denominations and i had no objections to any but the fringe groups. I even read the late Ellen G. White of the Seventh Day Adventists because of her exemplary beautiful prose but do not share her views.
My favourite "Life of Christ" is by a 19th century Anglican. Its prose has a nearly hypnotic quality.
Have a nice Christmas, Johan.

Cool- thanks for the book recommendation. Hope you have a Merry Christmas too. Very Happy Cool

jehanbosch
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi geextah or ms. Eva
Thanks a lot for your information on the Swedish VHS; must be 14 episodes?
The VHS of the auction are probably volume 1, 4, 5 and 6?
A complete set of (legal?) DVDs is supposed to exist in Brazil. Yesterday i tried to track the website down but it seems to have vanished along with that country's economy. Nearly a whole day spent and the only results were a painful mouse arm and the fact that even the original Brazilian cartoon (a different version of PP) is no longer available either.
I want to discuss the merchandise of the Japanese PP series because it is an indication whether it was popular in some countries.
-Japan: Buying the 10 DVDs was enough trouble and because communication with Japanese is excessively difficult i leave it be. Nevertheless, attractive Japanese statuettes have been imported in Europe.
-Italy: There the series was a smashing success. Two book publications: an interesting sticker album and a lovely picture book.
The Italians appear to focus on the second half of the series. It shows as they had the final episodes on VHS, the only Western country to do so.
A radio play of a later episode (The Monster Fish) also exists
The scene was heavily dominated by Christina d'Avena (who also had a hand in the Italian version of the Australian Peter Pan cartoon.) . A record of her is in existence as well.
-Germany: Also a success. 5 radio plays on tape recount the first 10 episodes, even filling the gaps in the storylines. My favourite is the adventure of Wendy and Tiger Lily with the Neverbird egg.
-France: Seems to have had little impact except for the 4 VHS with episode 1-13.
-Britain: A best selling DVD with ep. 1-5, going through three different covers! Next year i will convert the third VHS with episode 5-6 to DVD-R.
-USA; I did not even know there existed an US DVD; could it not have been an UK import?
That is the story as far as i know. Best, J.

SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jehanbosch wrote:
Hi I collect all anime versions of Peter Pan
There is no complete collection of DVDs of the Fox series at the moment.
5 episodes on one DVD were released in Britain; it is deleted but you can easily obtain it on ebay.co.uk

As I stated earlier in this thread- there are actually 3 discs released on the Jetix label in the UK, 3 episodes per disc. 9 random episodes total (in no particular order). There is also the single 5 episode disc you are speaking of but the same episodes are from the 3, 3 episode discs. They did this same weird releases with Saban little mermaid and Saban Pinnochio.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons for Sale/Trade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: