80sCartoons.net Forum Index

help for a superhero cartoon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob502
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: help for a superhero cartoon Reply with quote

Hello there, I am a longtime lurker and love to read macguyvers dvd updates.

I was wondering if you could help me on a cartoon I saw when I was a child in the 90's I am unsure when it was originaly made so I appologise if its not strictly 80's

basicly there was probably 3 superheros and in the episode I saw they were been hid in a boys shed i believe. One of the heros was definitely made of rope and used the ropes he was made of to attack villans. There was another hero who I think was blue and He had a visor like cyclops from xmen.

this is all I know of the cartoon if any of you have an idea it would be great help. I remember how much I liked it.

thanks alot rob

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob502! Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your time here. Thanks for your kind words- I try to post updates whenever I see more 1980s cartoons coming to DVD- and so many good ones are available now! Very Happy Glad to know someone enjoys them. Very Happy Cool

To attempt an answer for your question, I have found a 1960s cartoon with a superhero character called Rope Man, who was indeed made of rope. Is "The Mighty Heroes" possibly the cartoon you're looking for?

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like,..
The Creepy Crawler
Goopmandos

The twisted magician Prof. Googengrime creates a gang of slimy minions
to do his criminal bidding. A young boy finds a magical Creepy Crawler
thing maker. He accidentally adds a bit of magical goop to his concoction
and creates a group of buggy crime fighting superheros to oppose the
evil professor's thugs.

-View Intro-

-View Episode-

---

Last edited by Straydog on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
rob502
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys for the fast replies. Yes I am a big fan of following this site for the latest dvd releases. Now im going to get a multi region dvd player so I can play region 1 dvds so Ile be able to buy more of the fine cartoons you show in your lists Macguyver. I am also looking into buying the guyver original anime on dvd. I discovered it through your lists macguyver Very Happy

stray dog you hit the nail on the head Thats the toon. I even remember the theme tune now. going to search to see if it ever got a dvd release or vhs. thanks a million guys, realy appreciate it

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Yeah, a multi-region DVD player is a good investment for a lot of the cartoons that are sometimes only released in certain parts of the world...
Glad you got the answer already. Yes, Straydog is very talented indeed at retrieving lost and forgotten cartoons of the past. Smile

rob502
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I saw that stray dog is the man for little and lost cartoons.

yes I have my eye on a multi region dvd player that also has multi disc resume function. so it always knows where I am when I put the discs in. this is probably something very common but Ive only been used to games consoles before for watching dvds, and there never this good.

Yeah Theres alot of dvds that the US get that we dont in the UK. I have had my eye on quite alot of dvds from over the pond.

I grew up in the 90's so I love cartoons from my youth but also cartoons from previous years such as the fabulous 80's Very Happy

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool- I love a lot of '90s cartoons too, but I was mainly a kid in the '80s, so that's my primary childhood favorites. And as much as I enjoy the US cartoons that I saw as a kid, I've also seen some great UK and/or European cartoons that just aren't really known very well in other places... (some of my favorites like Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Captain Zed and the Zee Zone, SuperTed and others...)

rob502
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh yes ive heard of all those toons. my favourite of them was probably super ted and captain zee, im mainly into the superhero stuff and robots and things. I actualy mostly like the american toons. to be honest Very Happy

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool- I love a lot of American cartoons too of course (G.I. Joe, ThunderCats, SilverHawks, TigerSharks and Transformers all being some top favorites...)
But I also enjoy some cartoons from Europe and other parts of the world too- always good to appreciate a variety, I think. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: