80sCartoons.net Forum Index

old early morning cartoon from late 80's early 90's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neon5162
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: old early morning cartoon from late 80's early 90's Reply with quote

does anyone remember a early morning cartoon in the late 80's early 90's it was about a princess who was looking for her mom who had been transported along with the castle into some distant land or other dimension basicly all the girls had superpowers and magic horses and the guys had swords and giant toads. I even remember one episode where during a fair one of the guys pulls a sword from a tree and was then asked to put it back by this old guy who was the sword keeper but he didnt put it back and the sword turned out to be evil and the tree was a magic seal that was supposed to keep the sword locked up. any help at all on figuring out what this show is called would be apprecated. oh and if it helps this was really early in the morning i think it came on either right after the sound tone or a half hour after on either cbs or nbc im pretty sure it wasnt abc cuz they had that shopping show on at the time

it might of been from japan im not sure it had a wierd name i couldnt remember as a kid and it was really really early in the morning
any leads would be helpfull a name or something then i can google it for pictures and see if it matches to what i remember

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild guess,...

Red Riding Hood Cha Cha
a.k.a. Akazukin Chacha

----

neon5162
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope thanks though
the style was more mature than that everyone was at least in their 20's

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wasnt anime but the girls used
magic, and rode magical horses
The guys rode giant wolves, not frogs...

Wild guess,..

Princess Gwenevere
and the Jewel Riders

a.k.a. Starla and the Jewel Riders
Eps. Love Struck

-More Info-
Princess Gwenevere
and the Jewel Riders

Princess Gwenevere
and the Jewel Riders

(YouTube.com)

If not, anymore info?
------------------------------

neon5162
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the one i was thinking of though i did watch this one too

all the main char's were female there was about 5 or 6 of them and the secondary were the knights and about the same number too not sure on exact numbers i think it came a bit early than 1995 and was on only in the early morning round 5 or so
her mom was transported away along with the kingdom's castle faraway there is no mention of the dad and she is looking for her mom i dont think there was alot of interferance by the main villian {also female} except when directly related to her trying to find her mom who everynow and then would send telepathic messages to her daughter with clues as to her location
the show was one of the more realistic ones out there the horses didnt talk their was a grand ball everynow and then or it might of just been that one episode i mentioned in first post
another episode i remember is one where the knights while scouting around are captured by a giant and are about ot be eaten and one of the toad [frog] mounts escapes and makes it back to the princesses who figure out that the frog wouldnt be alone therfor the knights are in trouble and they rescue the knights
the show was very female incharge with the males being the ones needing rescuing most times
oh and im pretty sure the horses could transform into pegasi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: