80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Any thoughts on Anne Hathaway as Catwoman/Selina Kyle?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HerbertWest
Gnarly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Any thoughts on Anne Hathaway as Catwoman/Selina Kyle? Reply with quote

I thinks she is cute but not quite Catwoman/Selina when it could have been Natalie Portman.

Will she live up to the past catwomen like Michelle Pfefier, Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether and Andrienne Barbeau?

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been a Hathaway fan. Just something about her acting bothers me. I have been noticing she has been getting better though so she might just be able to pull this off.

And what about Eartha Kitt? I always liked her as catwoman. Might just be the way she talked though (and then she got turned into a cat in the emperor's new groove, ma-ha-ha-ha)

I'm a little sad they're even doing catwoman. Not one of my favourites.

Mad Hatter, Doctor Freeze, Scarface, Killer Croc, Clayface, Grundy, Man-Bat, Firefly, Deadshot or...or...that guy with the boa and underwear whose name I have forgotten at this moment. Those would have been more entertaining then catwoman.

...even egghead or king tut...*laugh*

Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really mixed on it. There would be plenty of other actresses I'd choose before her. And why Catwoman again? Like you mentioned, there's plenty of villains to choose from. Perhaps it's the assumption that the audience is not going to want to see it without a sexy woman in it?

I'll wait for the reviews. Not holding my breath. Not particularly excited. It will be awfully hard to follow so strong a movie as The Dark Knight.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot the best Catwoman ever- HALLE BERRY! Very Happy Laughing

(um, yeah- that was definitely a joke- as was the movie.)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously though- I think Anne Hathaway will be fine as Catwoman- she's done pretty well in other movies I've seen her in- and I'm thinking bringing in Catwoman will offer a romantic lead for Batman- they could even possibly go the Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne marriage route and introduce The Huntress- though I really doubt it.
I agree though- there are a ton of other villians that have never made a live action appearance that I would much rather have seen-

Quote:
Mad Hatter, Mister Freeze, Scarface, Killer Croc, Clayface, Solomon Grundy, Man-Bat, Firefly, Deadshot or...or...that guy with the boa and underwear whose name I have forgotten at this moment. Those would have been more entertaining then catwoman.

...even egghead or king tut...*laugh*

Any of those would be great! Just so you know though- Egghead and King Tut are both original villians created for the 1960s live action "Batman" show. (Though King Tut has made at least fleeting appearances in the comics since and has even been adopted into DC Canon. Egghead is not quite at that status though I think he's shown up in a cameo before.)
As for the guy with the boa, are you perhaps referring to Copperhead?

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Just so you know though- Egghead and King Tut are both original villians created for the 1960s live action "Batman" show. (Though King Tut has made at least fleeting appearances in the comics since and has even been adopted into DC Canon. Egghead is not quite at that status though I think he's shown up in a cameo before.)
As for the guy with the boa, are you perhaps referring to Copperhead?

Which would make it that much more cool if either of them got a movie! \o/
I'm also a Vincent Price fan so I maybe biased.

Not Copperhead but..The Creeper! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T8y3Af3dH0
...okay, technically not a bad guy but he could start out as a bad guy Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah- The Creeper! That would really be cool to see him in a Batman movie- but yeah, he's a superhero not a villian. But he could definitely start out as a villian, as you said.
However, I don't think he would fit in Nolan's model for these Batman movies- he's big on having "realistic" characters and for that reason, a lot of Batman's villians like Killer Croc and one I've wanted to see for a while- Scarface and the Ventriloquist- probably wouldn't fit in and wouldn't make it to a movie. But this is the last one for Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale anyway- so the next time we see Batman in a movie will probably be either a Justice League of America movie (which I would love to see) or a totally different take on Batman.

HerbertWest
Gnarly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Catwoman anyone's first comic book crush? she has been mine since i was 7 with Wonder-Woman, BlackCat and Supergirl. And even on Julie Newmar's version when i was 7 watching reruns of the show on TV.

Then when i saw the blonde version of her on Batman Returns and Batman TAS i thought she was hot but still bruntte wins.

LangAmil
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love anne hathaway but not a fan of her as catwoman.. hmm. but still she is a great artist so i'' still watch the movie then

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: