80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Scooby-Doo:13 Spooky Tales DVD series (80s eps.!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invaders
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say this is one of the few series that has maintained quality standards over the years.

Even the WWE movie they made with it was good.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. Yeah, I really enjoyed the WWE movie too- of course, I love most anything Scooby-Doo. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Scooby!

Yep- yet another "13 Spooky Tales" DVD set is headed our way soon.
Look for "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Surf's Up Scooby-Doo!" on DVD on May 5, 2015.
Episode information is unknown at this time, but I'll post it as soon as I find out. I'm certainly anxious to see which episodes we get on DVD with this set. Very Happy Cool
(You can see the cover art at least at the Amazon link above.)
Also, given the theme of this release, the original Scooby-Doo direct-to-video special, "Scooby-Doo! Beach Beastie" (which has been on hiatus since 2014) will most likely be released on this DVD set.

thinice
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I haven't watched any of the movies lately but it is still good to see Scooby Doo and the gang going strong.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Scooby-Doo Wiki now has a list of episodes to expect on the "Surf's Up, Scooby-Doo!" DVD set.

Here's the breakdown of what's NEW to DVD on this release and the year and show for NEW releases. Previously released episodes will justhave the show it's from for identification.

1. Scooby-Doo! and the Beach Beastie (the aforementioned NEW episode; of course, NEW to DVD!)

2. A Clue for Scooby-Doo (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?; previously released to DVD)

3. Scooby's Night with a Frozen Fright (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?; previously released to DVD)

4. Scooby Dude (A Pup Named Scooby-Doo; previously released to DVD)

5. Scooby-Nocchio/Scooby's Roots/Lighthouse Keeper Scooby (originally aired September 19, 1981; "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show"; NEW to DVD)

6. Excalibur Scooby/Scooby's Luck Of The Irish/Scooby's Escape From Atlantis ("Excalibur Scooby" and "Scooby's Escape from Atlantis" originally aired on September 26, 1981; "Scooby's Luck Of The Irish" originally aired on October 3, 1981; "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show"; NEW to DVD)

7. Cruisin' for a Bruisin' (Originally aired November 10, 2007; "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue!"; NEW to DVD)

8. Hang in There Scooby (Originally aired November 22, 1980; "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show"; previously released to DVD)

9. The Creepy Case of Old Iron Face (The Scooby-Doo Show; previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])

10. A Creepy Tangle in the Bermuda Triangle (The Scooby-Doo Show; previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])

11. She Sees Sea Monsters by the Sea Shore ("What's New, Scooby-Doo?"; previously released to DVD)

12. Shiver and Shake, That Demon's a Snake ("Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo"; previously released to DVD)

13. Twenty Thousand Screams Under the Sea (originally aired November 17, 1979; "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo"; NEW to DVD)

thinice
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a nice mix of episodes.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep- they are all well fitting to the theme (for the most part) and it is neat to see a good mix of episodes from various Scooby-Doo series, including A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. It seems like they don't always include episodes from that series. And I'm mainly excited to see another episode from Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue! released that hasn't been on DVD before. And some more Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo episodes!
Eventually, hopefully all the episodes of the different Scooby shows will all be on DVD. (Even if it takes multiple volume releases like this.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: