80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Batman The Animated Series
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HerbertWest
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Batman The Animated Series Reply with quote

This was the coolest animated show of the 90s! i've been a Batman fan since 89 and watched this show religiously every near prime time when i was 10 and has been my fave animated show since.

Any fans?

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may own the complete series on dvd as well as most (if not all) the specials and have been known to watch them frequently Mr. Green (actually just bought the Batman & Superman movie yesterday...)

In school we used to sing the Joker's Jingle Bell song (seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veju4PxhuGc). Didn't actually know it was from TAS until I got the eps on dvd.

There was a period in time where Batman TAS would immedietly follow the 60s Batman on tv. A full hour of Batman! Good times. Both the 60s Batman and Batman TAS are on TeleToon Retro at the moment too *love*.

MOONBASEONE
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is probably the best animated version of Batman ever made. And in a lot of cases, better than the movies.

I still want the Batmobile/toy from this show. So I can park it next to the Batjet I have.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge fan. I watched it every time I had the chance when it was originally airing. I also borrowed my friends DVDs to re-watch some of it. I have considered picking up the complete set, but I don't know if I'll have time for it anytime soon. Sad

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is by far one of the best cartoons to come from the '90s. I grew up watching "Batman: The Animated Series" and it is still one of the best Batman cartoons of all and also one of the best superhero cartoons ever. I watched it in original airings and I've seen some episodes on video and such since then- but it's been a while since I've watched any of these episodes. My local library has a lot of the season DVD sets- maybe one of these days I'll borrow them and watch the whole series on DVD.

Quote:
In school we used to sing the Joker's Jingle Bell song (seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veju4PxhuGc). Didn't actually know it was from TAS until I got the eps on dvd.
I remember singing this song as a kid in school too, but I think it originated even before the cartoon show... I could be wrong, I suppose- but I know it's been around quite a while.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
HerbertWest
Gnarly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is everyone's favorite episodes?

My 32 favorite episodes:

1. The Forgotten.
2. Almost Got Em.
3. mad Love.
4. Trial.
5. Perchance to Dream.
6. Heart of Ice.
7. Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne.
8. Blind as a Bat.
9. Beware The Grey Ghost.
10. Two-Face.
11. Feat of Clay.
12. Joker's Favor.
13. The Last Laugh.
14. Christmas with Joker.
15. Batgirl Returns.
16. Catwalk.
17. Read My Lips.
18. Vendetta.
19. Moon of the Wolf.
20. Heart of Steel.
21. His Silocon Soul.
22. Joker's Wild.
23. If your so smart why aren't you rich.
24. Make Em Laugh.
25. Cult of the Cat.
26. On Leather Wings.
27. Old Wounds.
28. Be a Clown.
29. Appointment in Crime Alley.
30. Tyger Tyger.
31. Holiday Knights.
32. Ivy and Harley.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow- that's kinda tough. Let's see- a few favorite episodes stand out to me- "Almost Got Em", "On Leather Wings", "Holiday Knights", "Batgirl Returns", "Feat of Clay", "Beware The Grey Ghost", "Blind as a Bat", "Christmas with The Joker", and "Heart of Ice"- I'm sure there are others I could list too...

markharry
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman is my favorite superhero , I have watched anime episodes as well as anime movies. Here is my collection:

Episodes:
Heart of Ice
The Last Laugh
Catwalk
Make Em Laugh
Be a Clown

Movies:

Batman Animated movies
Gotham Knight
The Batman vs. Dracula
Return of the Joker
Under the Red Hood
The Batman Superman Movie: World's Finest

HerbertWest
Gnarly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fave episodes, love those too.

TheWrathPrince
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since I was a kid I love batman. First, the fighting style coz i love MMA, weapons, tactics, story and his braveness

Mikey
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a very cool cartoon. One of my top three favorites is when Bruce/Batman goes missing and criminals are running mad in Gotham. Robin tries to get a handle on it, but isn't able to. Superman shows up and takes on Batman's identity until they are able to locate Bruce. Superman and Robin eventually find out that Batman's mind was taken over by Braniac. Anyway, justice of course ends up prevailing in the end.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that episode! (Probably because Superman is my favorite fictional superhero.) Smile Cool
If it's the same episode I'm thinking of (and I'm pretty sure it is), Superman dresses up as Batman in this episode and goes up against Bane- and takes him down quickly! It's funny to see Bane's, Riddler's and Mad Hatter's reactions. Wink

Mikey
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
I love that episode! (Probably because Superman is my favorite fictional superhero.) Smile Cool
If it's the same episode I'm thinking of (and I'm pretty sure it is), Superman dresses up as Batman in this episode and goes up against Bane- and takes him down quickly! It's funny to see Bane's, Riddler's and Mad Hatter's reactions. Wink

Yes, that is definitely the same episode. You are right, it was hilarious to see the look on Bane's face, especially the Mad Hatter Very Happy

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel really weird, but I never actually liked it. Sure, I watched some episodes back in the day, but I think they were less than 10 or something... I would have to give it a second try (just like I did with Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs).

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should definitely give it a second try. If you're a fan of superheroes at all, you will definitely enjoy this take on Batman. It's done very well and quite serious- though it does have some moments of light humor here and there. It's one of the best Batman adaptations from comics in my opinion. Very Happy Cool

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
You should definitely give it a second try. If you're a fan of superheroes at all, you will definitely enjoy this take on Batman. It's done very well and quite serious- though it does have some moments of light humor here and there. It's one of the best Batman adaptations from comics in my opinion. Very Happy Cool

Ok then, sounds a lot like Spiderman: The Animated Series and Static Shock, and I love those. Plus, you guys sound like you had a great time with it so... why not? Smile

If there's anything I can say about it, is that I was truly impressed with the animation when I saw it as a kid, definitely ahead of its time.

squidbee
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Batman The Animated Series Reply with quote

This is one of the best shows of the 90s, and my favorite media version of Batman. It also brought me the best incarnation of the Joker with Mark Hamill's portrayal.

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I finally went over it, and watched a couple of episodes.

It's definitely something worth your time, and I cant help but note how well-designed the animation in this is. Scripts, dialogues, characters, music and sound effects... itīs all really good but... I wont go further.

I mean, Iīd love to, but I simply donīt have the time to watch thru yet ANOTHER cartoon; TTA, Slam Dunk, and Animaniacs! claimed all my spare time a long time ago Razz Maybe next year! or -better said- THE NEXT YEAR Very Happy

You were right, Mac. This second try was much better.

SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally- while certainly watchable and enjoyable at times, I hated the blocky face/chest and skinny leg appearance to the characters (same with Legion of Superheroes, Justice League Unlimited, Adventures of Superman, etc.) far from saying I hate the show, but I'm more prone to the classic 60s, 70s, and 80s DC animated programs when I need a superhero fix.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You were right, Mac. This second try was much better.

Sweet! Glad you gave it another try and enjoyed it, IceDragon. Very Happy Cool

Quote:
Personally- while certainly watchable and enjoyable at times, I hated the blocky face/chest and skinny leg appearance to the characters (same with Legion of Superheroes, Justice League Unlimited, Adventures of Superman, etc.) far from saying I hate the show, but I'm more prone to the classic 60s, 70s, and 80s DC animated programs when I need a superhero fix.

That's cool. I like the animation style just fine myself, but I also like to watch the '60s, '70s and '80s DC and Marvel cartoons...of course, I love all of them. Smile Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: