80sCartoons.net Forum Index

New ThunderCats guide book!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveCrichton
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: New ThunderCats guide book! Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm the author of the first guide book to ThunderCats, the classic 1980s animated series from Rankin/Bass.

-------------------
HEAR THE ROAR! THE UNOFFICIAL AND UNAUTHORISED GUIDE TO THE HIT 1980S SERIES THUNDERCATS
by DAVID CRICHTON

Originally broadcast in 1985, ThunderCats has become one of the most enduring animated series of its era. For the first time in print, Hear the Roar! documents every aspect of the production of this iconic show told by the people who made it.

Featuring over 80 exclusive interviews with cast and crew members, this definitive reference guide charts ThunderCats' creation and development, drawing on a wealth of never-before-seen production paperwork and leaving no stone unturned.

Dedicated chapters highlight the writing, animating, scoring and recording of ThunderCats, while a comprehensive story guide reviews all 130 episodes, including notes from the scriptwriters themselves! The legendary ThunderCats toy line from LJN Toys is documented too, and even the associated series SilverHawks is explored.

This essential guide to ThunderCats demonstrates why the show continues to thrive, while many of its contemporaries have faded into obscurity.

500pp approx. A5 paperback book. 16.99 / $33.99
ISBN 978-1-84583-038-0 (pb)
PUBLISHED JULY 2011
-------------------

UK customers can purchase the book from all good book retailers including Amazon UK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unofficial-Unauthorised-Guide-1980s-Thundercats/dp/1845830385/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308471523&sr=8-1)

US customers can buy their copies from BigBadToyStore.com (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=VGM10000&mode=retail)

or copies can be ordered direct from the publishers from anywhere around the world (http://www.telos.me.uk/category.php?id=2#115)

If you'd like to read more about the book, please visit our blog at:
http://heartheroarthundercats.blogspot.com/

Many thanks
Dave Crichton

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Thanks for letting us know about the book. I'm sure many ThunderCats fans on the forums here will be interested in checking it out. And welcome to the forums, Dave. Very Happy Cool
It's good to see you included a chapter on SilverHawks in your ThunderCats book. For most fans, it's considered a sister show. I hope perhaps you were able to also give a mention to the even lesser known little brother, TigerSharks. Regardless, I'm sure it will be a very interesting and useful resource for fans. Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
DaveCrichton
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MacGyver, thanks for the interest. The Comic Strip (which housed TigerSharks) is indeed referenced many times in the book and, by reading it, you'll have a very good idea of how Comic Strip was also made.

Many thanks, I hope you decide to buy the book.

Dave

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right! I grew up watching ThunderCats, SilverHawks and The Comic Strip (TigerSharks, Karate Kat, Street Frogs and The Mini Monsters)- and all were favorites of mine. I'm really impressed to see that TigerSharks was remembered as it tended to be lesser known for a long while until some toys and videos started surfacing on the Internet some years back...but it's still fairly obscure, I would say.
Anyway, great to know that it's being included in the book. I will have to check it out. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: