80sCartoons.net Forum Index

K.L.U.T.Z.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGirlver!
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: K.L.U.T.Z. Reply with quote

Hi -- can you help me positively ID this cartoon and find any images, clips, or further information?

There was a cartoon about a robot who was a little inept and out-of-date and a bit worn, yellow/gold & brownish colored I think, and his name was abbreviated to K.L.U.T.Z. That may be the title as well. He lived with a family (I am pretty sure they were futuristic African Americans). The boy loved him but I think after numerous foul-ups the parents were bent on ridding of the robot, and I recall him getting placed on a belt headed for a grinder or dump... I think he was saved.

I thought this was a Saturday special; I recall seeing it a few times. I cannot locate it as an ABC special or any other big network showing (was definitely not cable). YouTube, Google, and other 80s pages yielded nothing for me. Does anyone remember more? Even the plot would ease my mind.

Thank you!
MacGirlver Very Happy

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a matter of spelling
Sounds like another
CBS Storybreak episode

C.L.U.T.Z. (85)

Sometime in the future an obsolete robot servant is taken in by an average family. Although the robot isn't the latest model and has several quirks, (In CLUTZ's case , he's down-right clumsy) the son thinks of the robot as his best friend. The parent's decide that CLUTZ is just to clumsy to have around, but they realize the their son truly thinks of the bot as his friend.The household's newest addition grows on them, and the robot becomes one of the family-malfunctions and all.

View C.L.U.T.Z.
-------

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Straydog beat me to the answer (which worked out well since I didn't really know it offhand anyway- lol) - but I mainly wanted to say welcome to MacGirlver! - I'm guessing you've chosen your user name in homage to quite possibly the greatest TV show ever (at least it is for me Very Happy )- MacGyver Cool And that is totally awesome! Smile

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
ReComposed
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to MacGyver's welcome, I also have to add that C.L.U.T.Z. is excellent!

Requiem's alternate ending!
MacGirlver!
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the quick replies and welcomes, guys! I sound so fake - my description of the cartoon is just like Straydog's posted summary - and stupid - I can't believe K caused me so much trouble. Evil or Very Mad

I watched C.L.U.T.Z. Thank you, my heart is warmer now.

@MacGyver -- I love "your" show! But I love my cartoons too.

MacGirlver Exclamation

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolness. I certainly love MacGyver- but I also love cartoons, particularly my '80s childhood favorites, of course. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: