80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Big cats discover fire via crystal?[SOLVED] Ratha's Creature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramidavis
Radical

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Big cats discover fire via crystal?[SOLVED] Ratha's Creature Reply with quote

I remember this old VHS tape i had with a cartoon about this group or clan of cats. They looked kinda of like mountain lions or cougars, i remember that. That plot, as much as i can recall, was like this: A female cat gets separated from the rest of the group, get stuck in this cave like area. She gets kinda of mad or stressed, and strikes the wall in anger, only to find that it is some sort of crystal. The crystal sparks, and i think it lights a branch (may have been a whole bush?) on fire. She uses this to explore and find a way out. Later she uses her fire as a self defense against a..... not sure, sorry.. Later she accidentally sets the forest on fire.... And that is about all i can remember.
Would be good to put a name to this memory.
Sorry, but i can not remember if it was a movie, or just a cartoon episode.
If i am remembering correctly, the graphics of the cats remind a lot of panthor from he man. They (the cats) were as far as i recall, not part-human. What i mean is, at no point do they turn into a human form, other then speaking in english. There were also no people that i can recall, just animals.
Before any one responds, i have asked this on another forum, and have ruled out: leo the lion, kimba the white lion, and thundercats.

PS. I think it was on cbs, could have been abc, but i remember at least 1 commercial break, if that helps any(probably not).

Last edited by ramidavis on Sat May 21, 2011 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like,...

CBS Storybreak
Ratha's Creature

View Ratha's Creature

---------

ramidavis
Radical

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats it!
Never knew it was a book tie-in... Do not remember ever seeing it on book shelfs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: