80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Toughie, not Jayce & WW...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
curiosityandcats
Radical

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Toughie, not Jayce & WW... Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm really enjoying your forum! I have been obsessively searching for the name of a cartoon I loved in the 80s that I can't seem to find anywhere. If I am remembering it correctly, it had a dark, gloomy, Japanese anime drawing style. It involved alien plant-like things with tentacles/vines. I believe the plants had a sort-of invasion of the body-snatchers kind of function where they would encapsulate people and alter them to their purposes. It seemed (to my young perception) to have a complex plot-line, almost a space opera, rather than just action sequences. Does this sound familiar to anyone out there?

I searched your lost and found and while it has plant/aliens, I also watched clips of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors and don't think it is the same show. Would love to hear from you if this show rings a bell. Thanks! Very Happy

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you remembering a single
episode, a series, or a movie?

Wild guess,...
The villian of this show used bioengeneered technology
to transform his victims into technomen, by sealing them
in tekno-pods and make them his cybernetic warrior slaves.

Maybe,...

Teknoman[/URL]
a.k.a. Tekkaman

The cartoon takes place in the year 2087, the earth is being invaded by an evil army under the control of the Venemoid Warlord Darkon. Earth's military is overwhelmed until a young man named Blade/Slade is found in the wreckage of a spaceship. He has amnesia and doesn't remember anything about his past. Blade/Slade has a crystal that gives him superstrength and allows him to transform into an armored cybernetic superwarrior. He decides that he must use his powers to help defend humankind against the enemies of Earth. He's not able to remain Teknoman for long though. If he stays in his armored form too long there is a risk that he may lose his mind and become a danger his freinds.

His past is later revealed. He and his family were aboard a space ship
when they became one of the the first human to be captured by Darkon.
They were sealed in the pods and werre to undergo processing, but Blade
was able to escape before his mind was taken over.His family wasn't as
fortunate.

View Clip[/b]
YouTube.com

----------------------

curiosityandcats
Radical

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Close...but not quite. Maybe more details would help? Reply with quote

Straydog,

Thank you so much for the response! It was a good tip, and I now have another cartoon to follow because Teknoman is definitely a good one! Very Happy I watched several partial episodes on youtube, and got hooked thanks to you!

Unfortunately, it is similar but not it. The search continues... I remember this one was a series, it had a continuing plot line in which issues were not necessarily resolved at the episode's end. It was of the alien invasion variety. The plant/pod/alien creatures figured prominently in each episode and had overtaken much of the planet (Earth?) with their vegetation.

I know this is not much to go on, I wish I remembered the human characters more than the evil plant aliens. It sure would make this easier! Confused For sure, I know I watched it in the 80s, it was Japanese-style animation, and was not geared toward (very young) children. It was a bit scary at times, too.

Love to hear any ideas you may have, and thanks again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: