80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Am I asking too much?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crny88
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Am I asking too much? Reply with quote

I have very little info on this cartoon, so thats why I named the topic this way. It may not even be from the 80s, so i apologize in advance if i posted wrong.

The thing i remember most about, is the theme song. The music was calming and slow, compared to the other 80s cartoon intros with pumped up and energetic music intros. Im not sure, but I think it had some flute music and and native american vibe in it. The "mysterious cities of gold" had the most similar intro I could find.

The other thing i remember, is that it was broadcasted on cartoon network early in the morning during the 2nd half of the 90s. I even think it was the first cartoon in the morning (at the time there were no cartoons on cn during the night, only t.n.t. with old movies and wrestling Very Happy).

Also the characters were human, teenagers or adults.

I know this is kind of hard to get cause of little info, but i watched dozens of intros on youtube and tried to find old cartoon network schedules and couldnt find an answer. So i thought why not try here. If you have any idea of the name of this cartoon I would appreciate your help.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where you might've watched
Mysterious Cities of Gold on Cartoon Network
( It was shown on Nick in the US) but

Wild guess,...

Spartakus and the
Sun Beneath the Sea
(85)
a.k.a. The Absorbed Worlds
a.k.a. Les Mondes engloutis

-Closing song-
Spartakus and the
Sun Beneath the Sea

Last edited by Straydog on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
crny88
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You blown my mind. Ive just heard the intro (well maybe outro is the better word) on youtube and thats it. I never thought id hear it again. Thank you so much. Very Happy Very Happy

oh and i didnt mean to say i watched mysterious cities of gold on cn, but when i was trying to find my cartoon i stumbled upon the intro of mysterious cities and thought it sounded similar.

ps. after watching the outro, it didnt sound quite native american lol. but the main character does have some native look.

And again, thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: