80sCartoons.net Forum Index

The Hobbit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moalpine
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: The Hobbit Reply with quote

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/21/hobbit-cast-announced/

Looks like they are picking up some steam. One of my favorite books as a kid, so I'm excited this is being made. Great choice for Bilbo Baggins. Not sure if the guy can act, but looks the part.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! I'm so glad that The Hobbit is finally getting made and that Peter Jackson will wind up directing the movie after all. (Well, I should say movies, since they're breaking it up into two parts. I kinda wonder if this was really because they have that much story to tell or they just want to stretch out the merchandising opportunities...)
I'm definitely a fan of J.R.R. Tolkien and "The Lord of the Rings" series- I will admit- I was familiar with his books and the author to some degree before the movies starting coming out- but once I researched and learned some more about him and saw "The Fellowship of the Ring" in theaters- I dived right into the books then and read all of "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit". Great set of books and glad to see all the awesome, epic movie versions that have been made.
Tolkien is one of my top favorite Christian authors especially for fantasy literature- right up there with C.S. Lewis and George MacDonald. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Bilbo
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God! This production has been up and down for the last 3 years or so. I'm glad Peter Jackson will be directing this.

There has been so much back and forth on this issue. First, Jackson sues New Line. Then they make amends. Then he says he doesn't want to direct. Then MGM goes bankrupt. Then del Toro leaves. And now MGM is given some $ for the 2 films and Jackson takes the director's chair.

Can't wait!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: