80sCartoons.net Forum Index

mystery sci-fi / fantasy cartoon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBubba
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: mystery sci-fi / fantasy cartoon Reply with quote

Hello, first time poster going out of his mind here :3

The cartoon that i'm trying to locate was shown back in the 80s/90s, my memories of it are unfortunately vague so bare with me as I try to explain...

The setting, from what I remember, was a mixture of sci-fi and fantasy, I seem to recall that the story was set across varying worlds in a fictional part of the universe. I cannot remember if Earth itself was ever featured in it, or if the cartoon was based in some distant galaxy.

I seem to recall that there were elements of magic and fantasy in it though, aswell as the space age and sci-fi theme of travelling between worlds and whatnot.

Now, we have my two distinct memories, the two memories that have literally haunted me for years ( in so far as, drove me insane because I can't remember it, not that they are actually scary Wink )

First off, I recall an episode where the characters were in or around a place they referred to as The Quagmire. I'm not sure if this was a recurring location or just in one episode, but the aforementioned Quagmire was a swamp which, if you fell into or got a foot stuck in, you were done for. I seem to recall that certain characters were deathly afraid of this Quagmire, the mention of it's name was enough to scare some characters. Being thrown into the quagmire was used as a threat.

the other distinct memory I have is of one of the bad guys, or rather, one of thier methods of transport. It was a large mechanical bi-pedal walker type construction. It was essentially a large pair of mechanical legs ( something akin to the ED-209 of Robocop fame, y'know "backwards pointing knees" ) with a flat platform/seating area ontop where the pilot and 2 or 3 others could be stationed. The only other feature of this WalkerPlatform, was a large mechanical claw arm which extended from the front of it.

I can remember as a small child when playing with my toys and friends, I would pretend to be this walker thing, using my arm and a pair of cooking tongs to represent the claw arm ( lol ).

and thats about it.. thats all i've got to go on. The big problem with searching online for this, is that "Quagmire" just brings up tonnes of Family Guy search results. While I adore Family Guy, that ain't what i'm looking for Razz

If anyone can help shed some light on this mystery, i'll be eternally grateful

some shows that i'm almost certain are NOT my mystery cartoon
- Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors ( this is suggested to me a lot when I ask this question, but it's not Jayce, I have very vivid memories of Jayce, I loved that show as a kid )
- Voltron
- He-man ( i'm pretty sure... )

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember anything
about the characters/plot?

Wild guess two sci-fi-fantasy toons
around late 80's early 90's,..

Vytor the Starfire Champion

Galtar and the Golden Lance

EmperorBubba
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alas, no, the plot and characters escape me Crying or Very sad

the more I think about it, the more I begin to doubt myself, thinking maybe i'm mixing two cartoons up or something, but then I doubt that, thinking "no, i'm right..."

It's just the most vague of memories, sorry :s

edit : i've gone and had a look at the two you mentioned, they dont ring any bells.

From the rubbish, useless memories I have of the show, I wanna say it was mainly sci-fi based, with only a slight touch of magic here and there.

edit 2 : it's also not Ulysses 31 as far as I can tell, my girlfriend and a few others suggested that.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sci-fi fantasy plenty to choose from,..

another wild guess

Maybe one of the ewoks adventures
in the Dulock's swamp in

Ewoks

EmperorBubba
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, nope not Ewoks, I don't think anyone in thier right mind could ever forget them Razz

Good thought though. I'm currently trapsing through various collections of cartoon intros on youtube searching for inspiration Smile

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one that's a bit more obscure,...

The Magic Crown
a.k.a. La corona mágica

-View Intro-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhnxfkco6-w&feature=related

EmperorBubba
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, not the magic crown.

I think my mystery cartoon was a bit dark and moody and serious, I don't recall there being any "wierd" overly cartoony character for the comic relief ( like Snarf in thundercats, or Niddler in pirates of dark water ).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: