80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Education Film About Kid Locked in a Library

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stingyjack
Radical

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Education Film About Kid Locked in a Library Reply with quote

Ok, so my memory on this is kinda fuzzy, but it's been bugging me for years now and I can't figure out what it is.

I saw this film back when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade in the early 80s. It starts out with a kid who hates to read and loathes the library. He goes to the library, probably with his class, and gets locked in for some reason. Characters from famous fairy tales jump out of the books and interact with the kid. I seem to recall Rapunzel being a big part of the story. Also, I think there was a knight/prince on a horse. Some of it is live action and some of it is animated. Animated characters actually interact with live action characters at times.

I know this is kinda vague and probably too obscure, but man is it ever bugging me!

I've done a ton of searching for this and it sounds super similar to a movie I have not seen called Pagemaster with Macaulay Culkin. It is definitely not this movie. The film I'm talking about it much older and shorter. It was intended for an educational setting. I bet I saw it on an actual projector in the classroom.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a CBS Library special

The Incredible Book Escape

-The Ghost in the Shed
-The Furious Flycycle
-Myra
-The Practical Princess
-------------

Last edited by Straydog on Sun May 23, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
stingyjack
Radical

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds very promising! I will look into this. Now the trick is to get a hold of a copy or even a video clip.

stingyjack
Radical

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is definitely it. The episode I saw was The Practical Princess. Thank you so much for filling in this memory gap! Now, if I could only get a hold of a tape!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: