80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Animated Movie where Boy Turns into Animal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlock
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Animated Movie where Boy Turns into Animal? Reply with quote

I hope this isn't actually from the 70s but I vaguely remember seeing this as a kid in the 80s and it has bugged me for years. The details are probably fuzzy because I was very small and possibly had stayed home from school with a fever when I saw it but here goes:

A boy falls asleep under a tree of something. He gets turned into some kind of animal, maybe a fox. He then has adventures with animals and falls in love with another animal, probably also a fox. There might be a forest fire at some point and it is scary. Then at the end, the part I remember most, he has to become a human again. He goes to do so and the animal lady he fell in love with hugs or kisses him or something but when he turns into a human again, all the animals are scared of him again because animals are afraid of humans.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly,...

The Elm-chanted Forest

A painter falls asleep under a magic tree and
gains the ability to talk to animals

The Elm-chanted Forest
---------

Harlock
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straydog wrote:
Possibly,...

The Elm-chanted Forest

A painter falls asleep under a magic tree and
gains the ability to talk to animals

The Elm-chanted Forest
---------

Thanks! It turns out that I was actually remembering two different things and getting them confused. One was this 1986 foreign film about Peter Palette falling asleep under a tree and gaining the ability to talk to animals. Great job on the quick call, btw.

I definitely seem to recall another movie where a boy actually turns into an animal and then at the end when he turns back into a human, the animal or animals are scared of him, including one that was prevously in love with him or something. Maybe I'm just thinking of the transformation scene in Sword and the Stone but I'm not sure. Any other ideas would be helpful.

LepricahnsGold
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I definitely seem to recall another movie where a boy actually turns into an animal and then at the end when he turns back into a human, the animal or animals are scared of him, including one that was prevously in love with him or something. Maybe I'm just thinking of the transformation scene in Sword and the Stone but I'm not sure. Any other ideas would be helpful.

That does sound like The Sword in the Stone.
video on YouTube

"Oh, those kids are after me Lucky Charms!" - Lucky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: