80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Going insane -- help? Animated movie -- had camels??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimlee
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Going insane -- help? Animated movie -- had camels?? Reply with quote

I remember a movie from my childhood (late 80s?) that for the life of me I cannot find -- I'll try to be as specific as I can with the few details I remember.

The story definitely involved camels -- there was a girl, or boy (or both?) and I'm thinking they may have been runaways? They are in the desert, I'm pretty sure -- or some arid region. I remember a scene where one of them falls into a box-car like pen of camels and it was a scarier part of the movie. I also remember that they 'befriend' one or some of the camels (the camels don't talk though..." and I think there is a scene where on of the camels is bottle fed.

That's all I can remember from the animated part -- but I do remember at the end of the movie there is actual footage of camels in the desert -- like slow motion of them running set to some epic kind of music?

I have been trying to find the name of this movie for years! I can tell you that the animation was fairly decent -- somewhat the same style as the Care Bears movies? Any help would be awesome!

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Camel Boy by Yoram Gross?

There is not much on the net about it. The best discription i can find is: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081129233342AAKEvK5 The part where the kid goes into the ships hold to find camels is probably the part you are remembering.

This site: http://www.allmovie.com/work/camel-boy-7931 mentions "authentic Australian scenery" so i'm presuming that equals live action bits.

And because amazon is awesome here is a picture of the vhs: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/ab/85/996379edd7a0d241d47a6110.L._AA280_.jpg don't know if it reflects the animation but it's a start

nikkimlee
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! Wow -- that is amazing. I googled every key word I could think of and didn't find anything. Thanks so much!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: