80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Need help to find a cartoon with Beethovens Für Elise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acmonion
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Need help to find a cartoon with Beethovens Für Elise Reply with quote

I hope someone could help me figure out a cartoon from my childhood. I have been able to search and find most of my childhood series, but this one has eluded me. I don't really remember much either, and that doesn't help.
I remember it was a rental movie, probably from the early eighties 82-85. I'm not sure if it was part of a series, because the story as i remember it had a sense of conclution, but i could have been.
It might hav been called "the little princess" in my country (norway), but I haven't found it when searching for this (and it's not little princess Sarah as far as I've seen).

What I remember from the movie is that it seems to be in anime style. It's about a girl who comes to a kind of institution that seems like a orphanage. She has long blond hair. I think there were two other girls that were mean to her, and also a strict overseer person (a woman I think). It all seems a bit Cinderella-ish in my mind.

What I recall most fondly from the movie is when the blonde girl sits down by the piano and plays Beethovens Für Elise. I remember I loved this song as a kid, and that scene really stuck with me. I think she is forbidden from playing the piano, but things get a bit murky after that. There could be a scene where she is locked in the attic, but I'm not toatally sure, but I think the main girl at one point runs away, and it's winter and she almost freezes to death before she's rescued.

I know it's kind of vague, but I would appreciate it very much if anyone could help me.

Thanks.

Acmonion
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has any suggestions?

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounded like Princess Sarah, but if it wasn't
maybe you could find the title within the collection
of Nippon anime series based on literary works titled

The Classic Family Theater
http://www.nipponanimation.com/catalogue/cata_theater.html
a.k.a. World Masterpiece Theater

------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: