80sCartoons.net Forum Index

The most popular cartoon of the 80s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Optimus
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: The most popular cartoon of the 80s Reply with quote

Hi all,

Would just like to start a topic going for (in your opinion) the most popular/favourite cartoon of the 80s of your choice......

Make it a single cartoon.....let say we break it to boys favourite/popular and gals favourite/popular.....

Let me start.....my choice:

Transformers.........Hands Down! Cool

Unofficially we shall give it the "80scartoon.net" award for best cartoon ever in the 80s......for both boys and gals category

What say u guys?

mucky pup
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine was pole position (as you can tell from other posts hehe)

but there was also quite a few others i liked.. the paw paws, the biskitts, wuzzles, poppits etc

its a shame you couldnt have done a poll would have been easier to see what wins Smile

badkitty0404
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had three favorites

1. Dungeon and dragons
2. Thunder Cats
3. Captain N

but I also really enjoyed Mysterious cities of gold, galaxy rangers, rainbow brite, He-man, She-ra, jem, so on and so on

Last edited by badkitty0404 on Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Optimus
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I could have done a poll....!

but I would have to list all favourite cartoons of the 80s......god knows that takes a while.....

also i dont know how to do that? Embarassed

will anyone care to enlighten me Smile

mucky pup
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure how you would do that on this forum..

@ badkitty ~ mysterious cities of gold, yea i forgot about that i used to watch it all the time. I just wish i knew somewhere i could download old cartoons, my p2p is pathetic for things like that. I used WINMX and Imesh and i can honestly say there are virtually no classics on there Sad

badkitty0404
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like limewire, in my opinion it is the best p2p for cartoons. Kazaa lite is also a good one but it costs money. What I have done and told others to do to bypass this is download the free slow version of kazza, then search under software for kazza lite. download and install, it's much faster than kazaa and it protects more from getting busted for copyright infringement, Which NONE of us have done. Very Happy I'll give you a couple of links:

limewire:
http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml

kazaa:
http://www.kazaa.com/us/index.htm

if you like d&d cartoons this is a good one. He has three for download at a time but rotates them frequently. Simple just right click and save as target:
http://www.toongeek.com/

this one is for captain n (and probably a few others), but you will need bittorent, if you don't have it you can also get it from this site:
http://s1.isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=captain+n+the+game+master&ext=&op=and&nr

and there you have it, a couple of my secrets! Cool

son goku
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badkitty0404 wrote:
... it protects more from getting busted for copyright infringement, Which NONE of us have done. Very Happy I'll give you a couple of links:

In my country thats just a myth Razz

try using Ares, it's a good P2P program and it dosent install spyware like kazaa or kazaa lite

Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also lots of interesting stuff on IRC. (Internet Relay Chat)
mirc.net

try irc.dejatoons.net as the server and #80s-cartoons as the channel. Their website is very close to the URL for this one.
80s-cartoons.net

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be very hard to pick one overall favorite 1980s cartoon for everyone since everyone has different tastes. I think I would actually pick G.I. Joe as the overall favorite (and this is one both boys and girls like). However, some girls might (or maybe boys, who knows? Very Happy ) might want to pick something like Care Bears or My Little Pony and there'd be some disagreement. I'm sure there's plenty of people who would pick something other than G.I. Joe for that matter.

But I can never name just one 1980s cartoon. I have too many favorites. I have my great action shows that are up there, like G.I. Joe, Transformers, ThunderCats, SilverHawks, TigerSharks (and the whole The Comic Strip cartoon series) Bravestarr, Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers, C.O.P.S., Turbo Teen, and Lazer Tag Academy. I also like action/comedy like Police Academy and Teen Wolf. I also like It's Punky Brewster, ALF (the cartoon series), ALF Tales, Smurfs, Snorks, A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, The Flinstone Kids, Fraggle Rock (live action and cartoon), Muppet Babies, and hey, Jem is cool too. I could also name Alvin and the Chipmunks (especially the Alvin and the Chipmunks Go to the Movies series) and Inspector Gadget and the list goes on and on.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
TWiSTeDMeTaL
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I distrust P2P networks got alot of spyware placed on my pc. Even the ones said to lack spyware placed it my pc and this was before I downloaded anything.

habidae
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh so easy for me.
1. ThunderCats
2. Battle of the Planets (aka Gotchaman, aka G-Force which was horrible)
3. Hard...I'm thinking She-Ra but I really loved Galtar and the Golden Lance which, in my opinion, was better than He-Man. Mainly because Galtar was always on and he had to solve puzzles and had very difficult tasks and he didn't have some stupid catchphrase like He-Man that hurt my ears.
4. Mighty Mouse, that was 80's right?

Aussie
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think mine would definitely be the Ninja Turtles. I was obsessed with that cartoon. Cool I really liked a lot of others, though and the main ones would be Ewoks, the ALF cartoon and Jem. I can't forget the Smurfs, either.

I'd find it way too hard to do a list of favourites because there's so many that I loved.

TSHARKfan1
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me, it's Tranzor Z, Robotech, Transformers, Tigersharks, Thundercats, Thundarr the Barbarian, Centurions, Rambo, M.A.S.K., Voltron(vehicles), GIJoe, Orbots, Teen Force, Macron I, D&D, Star Command, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors(i drew a little animated short of K.O. Kruiser blowing up a radar station, but getting caught in the blast).

i'll list more as i remember them.

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 single cartoon eh?
Just 1. Hmmm. I'm presuming a series as well.
As a kid growing up i would say Count Duckula. As a grown up I would say that althought Count Duckula isn't bad She-Ra totally tops it.

Therefore..She-Ra.

As for where and how to watch all of this. Well, have you guys ever heard of DVDs? They are AMAZING! They come with cartoons, and special features and if your patient and look around their cheap as well (not to mention you can watch them right away instead of waiting)! Tons of the 80s stuff is available and is full of awesome.

The downloading programs, well, sure you get stuff but at what cost? So many people get easy access to your computer, tons of spyware/adware, slows things down. Blech!

Torrents are amazing though. But it's hard to get enough seeders/leachers on old school 80s stuff.

Streaming is getting popular as well especially with anime. But it's very addicting. So addicting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: