80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Trying to find out name of an 80s or 90s toon about animals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mister Zero
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Trying to find out name of an 80s or 90s toon about animals Reply with quote

My fiancee posted this in another forum that wasn't as 80s toon centered, it's been bugging her forever:

'I was a little kid so my memory of the cartoon is a little sketchy. I thought the name of the cartoon was Crispy Critters like the old Cereal but I can't find a cartoon by that name. The cartoon was about these woodland critters that were in like animal cracker form and were the color of animal crackers. I remember they were in there woodland place a lot walking around but i don't know what they did there if they saved things or tried to save themselves from danger but I know they lived there in that woodland world. But I remember that in the shows that at one point in time in the show the critters would come through the kitchen cupboard of this little boy and girls house that were brother and sister and they would talk to the kids and sometimes i think the kids might have went into the woodland area with them. If any has ever watched that or heard of it when they were younger could someone please tell me what it is called. It has been driving me nuts for months. I know it is not the "Wuzzles", "Popples", the "Raccoons" or "The Get Along Gang" "Teddy Ruxpin" or the "Gummy Bears" cartoons. I remember all of those. Thank you if you can help I think the cartoon might be related some how to the Crispy Critters Cereal.'

Thanks for any help!

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this post looked familiar. I know another person guessed animal crackers but...i don't think that is it. Do you remember if it was fully animated or if the kids were real?

How about Linus the Lionhearted? He was from Crispy Critters and they spun off and made a tv show about him. Here is a youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gc9CFUYcDQ&feature=related

Here is a commercial for the cereal. As...i had never heard of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDkrh8KrVbU&feature=related

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this a series?

Here's a special that has a boy and
a girl who go on a treasure hunt with
a group of animals...

The Wild Puffalumps
http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?show_id=3931

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obLc84mbz0c
-------------

Last edited by Straydog on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mister Zero
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wild Puffalumps is pretty close, that might be the one!

I personally think she may have been putting together a few different cartoons, but Linus and the Puffalumps are both really close! Thanks everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: