80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Still NEED Help!!! (ANSWERED) by Teddybear

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinjiro
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Still NEED Help!!! (ANSWERED) by Teddybear Reply with quote

Can anyone help me find a name for a cartoon that i saw along time ago in a rentaled video circa 1986-1987. The only thing i remember about the cartoon was the background which is kinda semi fantasy u can find castle, king, and all those people wearing medieval clothes. But theres also a robot (which happen to be used by the villain and driven by what looks like a mad scientist) the robot has it backside open for the driver and portrayed more like tinman in alice in wonderland but in more gigantic size, the story is about a youngman that have to rescue a princess from a evil kingdom or sort of i forget the whole plot, but one thing for sure i remember the robot used by the villain which is more like a medieval robot with an opening on its back for the driver. Please help me since i always wonderin about this cartoon for ages. Anyone here good enough with cartoon got any idea???? does this cartoon exist?? Cartoon guru plz help

Cherio Very Happy

Last edited by Sinjiro on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
Sinjiro
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any clue??? straydog, Mcgyver or even teddybear?

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just taking a guess here, but one medieval '80s cartoon came to mind. Are you maybe thinking of Dragon's Lair?
http://www.dragonslairfans.com/video/video.htm

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Sinjiro
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thx for the reply, at last somebody respond to this. I'm afraid its not the one i'm looking for. Perhaps we can forget about the medieval things since i myself dont really recall the event completly. When i was browsing the net and watch several clips of old times cartoon i find a resemblence of the robot used in the cartoon that i'm lookin for. The robot was identical to the robot used by captain Dyce in "Conan the boy of future", the driver will sit in its body (backside) but the one in my cartoon is more bigger and gigantic, and its a bad guy robot. if memory serve me rite the colour was kinda silverish and looks like a tinman kind of robot from alice in wonderland. The background involve tower caste, and some sort of utopia the movie style city in a medievalish kind of style. Plz post any others candidates since i'm eager to find the name its been one of my childhood riddle!!!!!

Last edited by Sinjiro on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I...kinda want to say Rocket Robin Hood
Me think more after sleep

Sinjiro
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx teddy, hope u got good sleep. Its more like a movie than a TV Series, like i mentioned b4, lets try to eliminate the medieval stuff and lets focus on the Robot used by the villain which resemblence Capt Dyce robot in Conan boy in the future but in more bigger and gigantic size

Sinjiro
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More candidates plzzzzz

Sinjiro
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2009 and yet no candidates at all

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a picture or a youtube video with this Capt Dyce robot?
Here are a couple robot, shot in the dark pictures.

Sinjiro
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My god OMG!!! teddy ur brilliant. Dude its the 1st robot, kinda bring back the old memory back Very Happy whats the name of the cartoon for the 1st one??? Man i'm already lookin for this picture of the robot for ages tryin really hard to keep it intact in my brain and now u pop it up again. The Utopia city "metropolis" style, the medieval people, the king and his execution trap door, and most of all the gigantic robot, teddy once again ur awesome. I should treat u a beer Very Happy

PS : Happy new year 2009 teddy, may god bless u and ur family, man i'm so excited

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I'm glad that helped.
It's called: Le Roi et L'Oiseau
It is in French, and although I would like to say that I do speak French fluently like a true Canadian I do not (the movie just doesn't have a whole lot of talking in it so it is easy to follow and enjoy).

I don't recall most of it as it has been almost 5 years since i saw the last half of it. But! There was a king and princess thing going on and I don't think the robot shows up until the later half... AND! It's on youtube! With English subtitles! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWzBLhv3OlU

Sinjiro
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy u fullfil one of my 2009 resolution, it's been like 20 years since i saw the cartoon and i almost think that i wouldnt find it again and recall the name of it but thx to the 80s cartoon.net and its brilliant cartoon guru like teddybear Very Happy u answer one of the puzzle surroundin cartoon in my entire childhood. U deserve the title of cartoon guru teddy Very Happy

PS : How come u know about this one since not many people in this world (except for french) ever saw this cartoon, i myself just lucky enough to saw it from a rentaled video

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinjiro wrote:

PS : How come u know about this one since not many people in this world (except for french) ever saw this cartoon, i myself just lucky enough to saw it from a rentaled video

It was on tv Smile And i was amused by it's animation so i stopped to watch despite it being on the French channel. I remembered it because it was very fairy tale like and then it threw in a giant robot. I was all "WHAT THE...???? THAT'S AWESOME!" Hence Big Robot=Weird French cartoon. Smile

Sorry it took so long.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: