80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Rude Dog and the Dweebs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Rude Dog and the Dweebs Reply with quote

You know? The only reason I'm making this post its because I can't honestly believe that this is an 80s Cartoon. I mean, it sure is, but every other cartoon from the time that Iīve ever watched stopped right at the beginning of the decade, while this one started broadcasting in 1997. I always thought It looked kind of dated though, but aside for that, I wouldn't even suspected it.

And you know, I wasn't even very attracted to it, not only because it was honestly no match for every other cartoon of the time, but also because it had the most senseless broadcasting schedule I have ever seen. It was only on Friday nights, very late at night (as in AM). I donīt know why they gave it such a cruel treatment, as it was obvious that no kid was going to even bother in trying to watch it (and no parent would ever let them). But... there was one catch: it was right before one of the most epic and mind-blowing programs that this generation had ever saw: El Club del Animé.

Having to wait for the opportunity of watch some of the finest animes of the time while watching some old cartoon was all we needed to glue eyes to the screen (and it worked so marvellously well). But, of course, it was not meant to last. Maybe three months from there, they took Rude Dog off the air (because its only audience came from the other program, I assume), and it was nowhere to be found for years to come... and you know what? I just realized that this was the very last 80s cartoon that I have ever watched while I was young. Man, thatīs sad.

But then... many many many much (?) years later, its name came to my mind once more, and I decided to watch it without any more expectatives than watch a good show (and it was surprisingly easy to find too, but in a horrendous quality). Unfortunately, I didn't like it that much this time either, but I learned how to enjoy it! I mean, what was the premise to that show? A flashy dog drives an even more flashy car and has lots of minions and a workplace... and is mainly antagonized by one single cat? You know, I bet it would make for a much better show if, instead of all that, they did actually run over the poor cat -who doesn't stand a chance, by the way- until either they run out gas or he runs out of bones Laughing He even was heavily outnumbered, but now that I think about it... HOW did he pick on them anyway? It should be the other way around, actually. But I like it for what it is... and one fair thing that I got to say is that the spanish dubbing of this show made it perfect justice: Rude Dog sounded like he could easily jump off the screen and beat you repeatedly with a monkey wrench. He was that manly xD

But anyway, I think I like it a bit more now... and knowing that this is the last toon from the 80s that I have ever watched, that gives it some extra points.

Congratulations crew, we have successfully managed to go through yet another bunch of unrelated BS tied together at the very end Razz!

Last edited by IceDragon on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Americans this was a rare show that came from a line of clothing and not a toy line. Just about every kid, and some adults, had a Rude Dog shirt and flashy matching Zubaz to go with it. Seriously, google some photo's, you will find it very funny. I won't besmirch this fine forum with such pictorial shenanigans.

Americans have zero fashion sense, and we always go loud and proud in everything; hot pink Rude Dog shirt with some zebra pattern baggy sweat pants? You better believe it! Laughing Think Brazilians today with somehow more colors. Wink

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayor West wrote:
For Americans this was a rare show that came from a line of clothing and not a toy line. Just about every kid, and some adults, had a Rude Dog shirt and flashy matching Zubaz to go with it. Seriously, google some photo's, you will find it very funny. I won't besmirch this fine forum with such pictorial shenanigans.

Americans have zero fashion sense, and we always go loud and proud in everything; hot pink Rude Dog shirt with some zebra pattern baggy sweat pants? You better believe it! Laughing Think Brazilians today with somehow more colors. Wink

Wow, you were not kidding.

Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceDragon wrote:
Mayor West wrote:

Some things you can never unsee!

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayor West wrote:
IceDragon wrote:
Mayor West wrote:

Some things you can never unsee!

I now want one of those t-shirts so baaaaadly. Curse you, West Wink

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one fad that slipped past me in the '80s. (Probably because I've never cared much about fashion and certainly didn't really worry about it as a kid- I don't really worry about it now either, for that matter.)
I've heard of "Rude Dog and the Dweebs" but I've never seen it. And yeah- I had read that it's based on a clothing line, which is interesting- but it just goes to prove that you can make a cartoon based on just about anything........

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm even more confused. I have never seen a Rude Dog T-Shirt in my entire life (I would remember it)... so, why did they even bother in bring it here? Maybe it was really cheap and thatīs it.

I wonder how many other toons of the time were like this... mmmm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: