80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Smurfs!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Smurfs! Reply with quote

New movie! Trilliogy even! I think it will be fantastic. Or so terrible it will be fantastic.

From what I've been hearing it looks as through it was originally scedualed for 2008 but has been pushed to 2010. Either that or it is already out and I totally missed it and #2 is out in 2010.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, it was rather cool to see the Smurfs highlighted in the Toys 'R' Us ad in the newspaper this week! Yep- Smurf plush dolls are back in stores (specifically at Toys 'R' Us though), just in time to celebrate the 50th. anniversary of the Smurfs! Very Happy And what do you know? They come with a free DVD of Smurfs episodes! Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures!
http://www.filmofilia.com/2010/06/16/first-image-from-the-smurfs-papa-grouchy-and-clumsy-smurf/

Personally, from the sounds of the plot it is going to be bad. It could be because I'm tired of the "trapped in the real world" plots. ...and Gargamel doesn't want to eat them anymore. Boo.

...and I totally picked up a stuffed smurf (but a tiny wee one that did not come with a dvd). Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... interesting. I'm not sure that I totally like the CGI look for the Smurfs, but I guess I can deal. Why isn't Gargamel trying to capture the Smurfs and eat them for dinner like he always has on the cartoon? Why should it bother kids now to see it in a movie if we grew up seeing it as kids in the cartoon? Whatever...
At least the original medieval setting of the Smurfs cartoon will be seen for a little while at the start of the movie so we can see some of the Smurf village anyway. I also don't know why they invented "Gutsy Smurf" when they could have just as easily used Hefty Smurf, who would fit that typeset pretty well. (This doesn't sound very Smurfy to me Wink )
"Trapped in the real world" has certainly been done before (I enjoyed that concept pretty well in the "Garfield Gets Real" direct-to-video movie.) Maybe this won't be too bad- I guess we'll find out in 2011.
Papa Smurf, Papa Smurf- we got a movie! Let's hope it's a good one, Brainy. Smile

smurfwreck
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Wow... interesting. I'm not sure that I totally like the CGI look for the Smurfs, but I guess I can deal. Why isn't Gargamel trying to capture the Smurfs and eat them for dinner like he always has on the cartoon? Why should it bother kids now to see it in a movie if we grew up seeing it as kids in the cartoon? Whatever...
At least the original medieval setting of the Smurfs cartoon will be seen for a little while at the start of the movie so we can see some of the Smurf village anyway. I also don't know why they invented "Gutsy Smurf" when they could have just as easily used Hefty Smurf, who would fit that typeset pretty well. (This doesn't sound very Smurfy to me Wink )
"Trapped in the real world" has certainly been done before (I enjoyed that concept pretty well in the "Garfield Gets Real" direct-to-video movie.) Maybe this won't be too bad- I guess we'll find out in 2011.
Papa Smurf, Papa Smurf- we got a movie! Let's hope it's a good one, Brainy. Smile

My guess is that the powers that be thought kids would get confused by Hefty's name as it wasn't quite as obvious...

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Hefty is an established character though- and as a kid I always figured out by the heart tattoo on his arm that he was pretty tough. lol Laughing
(and technically hefty really means rugged and powerful- but certainly that would help inspire Hefty's bravery.)
Oh well- I guess it's not a real big deal. I just like to see the original characters used rather than just inventing new ones if possible. (Other than perhaps new villians and supporting characters and such.) After seeing the look of the Smurfs and the actual teaser trailer, I'm curious to see the look for Gargamel and Azrael.

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Gargamel the one running around in the video on the same sight? I havne't actually watched the video but he looks okay...we'll see how he acts though.

And I'm still annoyed that he isn't trying to eat them anymore. The original Smurfs got away with it for YEARS you think they could get away with it for a movie.

*sigh* everytime i here the word "smurf" i get there song stuck in my head

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. I love the Smurfs theme song- and it is featured in the trailer (though of course in a funkified version.) Smile

HerbertWest
Gnarly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look too bad but looks like fun. I've been a Smurfs fan since day one and i bet people will say "Avatar for families".

I mean weren't the smurfs already the butt-jokes of Avatar jokes?

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure- Avatar was The Smurfs for older folks. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: