80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Starchaser: The Legend of Orin *spoilers*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Starchaser: The Legend of Orin *spoilers* Reply with quote

Finally got the chance to watch this thanks to the discount bin at Superstore. Yay!

Dude! it was like Star Wars meets Indiana Jones with Conan the Barbarian as the main character.

For a recap...Orin (main character guy) is part of a society that lives underground in a mining community. They have no idea there is a world above (and believe if they dig up they will go to hell). What's keeping them down their are robots and a God (also a robot). Orin discovers a hilt of a sword while mining one day. The sword shows a basically a hollogram telling him to find the blade of the sword and that there is a world above him. Orin and his girlfriend take off to find the truth. They soon discover that their God is not actually a God but a person. Godman kills girlfriend (OMG! so early in the movie). Orin digs up and finds the world above! He meets some weird robot human things who try and steal his body parts before he is saved by a smuggler named Dagg. Orin tries to get Dagg to help him find the blade to he can save his people. But Dagg isn't very cooperative and takes him elsewhere. On their travels they meet a girly robot and a governer's daughter. They eventually make their way back to Orin's planet to confront the guy who has been enslaving them. Only to find that he is in fact a robot and he has been building up an army to take over for the last 1200 years. Orin does a battle with him and realized that their is no blade for the sword as its power is inside of him. He beets Godman (Zygon), saves his people AND give his blind brother his sight back (overkill much?).

Overall, it wasn't bad. It was fast paced...but seemed to take forever to get anywhere. And dude, he lost his girlfriend chick one day and got a new one the next day, yikes what a player. My favorite character was probably Arthur, Dagg's ship. The scenery, especially the stars and whatnot was stunning. Definitely gave me a 80s vibe. Just because it seemed to stall throughout the movie I probably would not force it upon my friends.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: