80sCartoons.net Forum Index

New He-man?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: MOTUC 2014 IS A GO! Reply with quote

We did it again, though admittedly not as well.

The final numbers are in and the Club Eternia subscription for 2014 succeeded with a final tally of 115%. So that's down from last year but still we're good for another great year.

Is it enough to get bonus items again? Probably. Mattel's answer right now seems to be, "Yes but we don't know what yet." Expect some news on this at Toy Fair in February. Not to get hopes up too high but there's lots of rumors that we'll be getting a sub-line of POP figures to help catch up and get through all the Great Rebellion girls quicker.

Also because the DCUC club and Ecto 1 pre-orders did not reach their goals the MOTUC subs will be reopened soon for a short while so that people who had to choose only one sub and picked one that didn't make it have a chance to switch over. (or anyone can sign up for any reason)

In other MOTUC news despite earlier reports that he was gone for good, the Skeletor figure is back on Mattycollector in the Essentials offerings.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Power-con announcments Reply with quote

Okay here are the announcements from Power-Con

Toy review and fan community icon "Pixel" Dan Eardley and his wife are expecting their first baby.

Val Staples, head moderator of He-man.org and one of the head writers for the 200X comic book, got engaged. He actually proposed at the con and luckily she said yes....

...oh you wanted announcements about the actual figures, okay.

Quick review:

OCTOBER: Mantenna, Lord Dactus, Horde Troopers, Nepthu, Weapons pack #4 with Kowl
NOVEMBER: Geldor, Sea Hawk (Filmation sub only), Standor (at Coikaze), Castle Grayskull will ship for those who pre-ordered
DECEMBER: Plundor, Strong-Or/Arm, Standor (on Mattycollector) Castle Grayskull limited day of sale
JANUARY: Two Bad
FEBRUARY: Glimmer, Modulok
MARCH: Hydron, The Unnamed One (Sub exclusive)

A note on Standor; he will be available first at the Comikaze Expo which runs November 1-3 in LA. Then available on Mattycollector after, however I've heard he won't be on the site until December. (likewise I believe both Strobo and Spirit of Hordak will be offered for sale on the site in December as well)

Oh and it turns out the Horde Troopers come with two of each accessory so that's cool.

Now the new stuff... and really it's no surprise on the first two just full reveals.

APRIL: BLADE

Designed more after his actual movie appearance than the vintage toy he comes with two swords and a laser whip

MAY: SCORPIA

Right out of Filmation for the figure itself. Her weapon is new though; she gets a Horde crossbow with a distinct scorpion look to it.

2ND QUARTERLY ITEM: BATTLE LION

Here's the one that took everyone by surprise. We were told a few days ago they'd be revealing a 200X character but everyone was expecting a figure instead of a beast. Battle Lion is King Grayskull's loyal steed just as He-Man has Battle Cat. As the unimaginative name suggests though he is a lion instead of a tiger. He is however still green and wears red armor. In his one cartoon appearance he was also massive in size so, like the Griffin, he's been shrunk down a bit.

Fan reactions are mixed- the basic average opinion is he's neat, but arguably doesn't fit into the "wrap things up and release the important/fan demanded characters" theme we've been promised. My main concern is; since this is the first $38 quarterly what's the other one? I was expecting deluxe figures instead of beasts now I don't know. (someone pointed out that repainted with a new saddle this buck could be Clawdeen)

SNEAK PEAK: EXTENDAR

Once again Mattel slipped a sneak peak hint accessory into the display case and it is Extendar's shield. No more info on the figure itself so we'll have to wait and see if he's a regular monthly or a deluxe figure. Considering how much new tooling will be needed for his body and all the extension pieces many suspect he's the $35 "holiday" item or maybe the other quarterly item.

If what Toyguru said during the sub push holds true this also means Blast Attak will NOT be part of the 2014 lineup. (he sated these two were either/or with one coming in '14 and one in '15) On that note remember we're also getting one of the remaining Snake Men in 2014 too.

So want them but didn't sign up for a sub? Well you get another chance. From September 20-24 the 2014 subs will be reopened for ordering.

Finally Mattel has said they are considering doing a 200X head pack. (Like a weapons pack but with alternate heads instead) and are asking for fan input on if they are interested and which heads they would want.

(I sure hope they don't poor all extra resources into this in place of an extra mini-sub of figures)

Last edited by Lord Skeletor on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OCTOBER: Mantenna

What character is this? When I see "Mantenna", I keep thinking of T-Ray's minions from "TigerSharks". Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Quote:

What character is this? When I see "Mantenna", I keep thinking of T-Ray's minions from "TigerSharks". Cool

One of Hordak's minions from Princess of Power, if you remeber the action figure he had these bug eyes that would extend with a slider on his back:

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Quote:

funny you should ask as I was just putting together a special look into the character

http://80scartoons.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21695#21695

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, okay- cool! Thanks for the quick reply. Smile Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from NYCC:

OCTOBER: Mantenna, Lord Dactus, Horde Troopers, Nepthu, Weapons pack #4 with Kowl
NOVEMBER: Geldor, Sea Hawk (Filmation sub only), Standor (at Comikaze),
DECEMBER: Plundor, Strong-Or/Arm, Standor (on Mattycollector) Castle Grayskull limited day of sale
JANUARY: Two Bad (no day of sale)
FEBRUARY: Glimmer, Modulok
MARCH: Hydron, The Unnamed One (Sub exclusive)
APRIL: Blade
MAY: Scorpia, Battle Lion

Castle Grayskull will begin shipping, for those who pre-ordered it, in November in waves as it rolls off the assembly line. They will apparently be shipped in the order they were signed up for so the earlier you ordered it the sooner it will ship to you. Everyone should have theirs by early January at the latest. It wasn't clear if people who buy on day of sale will have to wait longer.

new reveals:

JUNE: EXTENDAR

His shield was shown at Power con so it's no surprise that he's coming what it surprising is that he is a regular monthly release. His body is pretty much all new tooling, plus he has his snap on attachments to create his limb extending power (it works much the same way Tallstar did). In addition he includes not only his shield, but also a brand new lance weapon.

JULY: FLOGG

Probably the most important NA character left, Flogg is the leader of the evil Space Mutant Army. He comes with his signature unique whip weapon, which will have a thread/string whip, and a removable helmet. Flogg will also come packed with the Filmation style Power Sword shown earlier this year.

At the end of the panel there was another one of Mattel's quick picture flash sneak peaks and it was of a battle damaged Faker head. It's the same as regular Faker except there is a section of his "flesh" missing around his eye showing off the robotic skeleton underneath (like the Terminator) no further work on when/ how this is coming out.

While not completely confirmed, it's highly implied that we will get a reveal of a new mini-sub at Toy Fair in February. Most speculation is on a POP themed sub as it's pretty much the only way we'll get through them all at this point.

There was a fan vote on a figure for the 2015 lineup. The choices were between three NA characters:

MARA: a major character from the NA cartoon. Basically the female lead and thus a potential new love interest for He-Man though that never seemed to go very far. (she still played a major role) She had a vintage prototype figure made but never released.

DARIUS: Also prototyped but unreleased -in this case because the figure's action feature never worked right. He was to have been the leader of the Galactic Guardians, and did appear as such in many UK comic stories but was scrapped and never appeared in the cartoon or other American media (thus big in the UK virtually unknown in the US)

TUSKADOR: A galactic guardian with special armor featuring elephant like tusks used to grab and fend of opponents. After Ram Man's release it was speculated he could be made using many of the same parts.

In the end the winner was MARA so she will be in the 2015 lineup. Personally I'm not surprised. She's the most popular and plotline important character of those three.

There was also the reveal of a new series. The Mini-Masters are coming!

Though actually a bit smaller than the ones released back at SDCC the Mini-Masters will be coming in sets of two with each set also including a collect and connect piece to form a Mini Castle Grayskull. I'm not sure the exact release schedule as it was said there would be 6 sets in the initial run through 2014 but the release dates given for the first two were listed as Quarter 1 and 2. (if there's six sets which quarter has more than one set?)

The first set is Battle Armor He-Man vs. Mer-Man and the second is Battle Armor Skeletor vs. Moss Man That's all that's announced so far but remembering back to the original prototypes shown off a few years ago Scare Glow and Faker are potentially in the lineup.

EDIT: And once again we got a sneak peek weapon It's Battlegroud Teela/Marlena's sword with a pink hilt. Obviously for a female, but who. Most speculation is for Angella but we'll see.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Comikazi update: Reply with quote

Update from this weekend's con:

There will be a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Supposedly both Strobo and Spirit of Hordak will be available during this sale. Also a supply of Wind Raiders turned up so they will be put up during the sale as well.

NOV: Geldor, Sea Hawk (Club Filmation only)
DEC: Plundor, Strong-Or/Strong Arm
JAN: Two-Bad (no DOS)
FEB: Glimmer, Modulok
MAR: Hydron, Unnamed One (sub exclusive)
APR: Blade
JUN: Extendar
JULY: Flogg

back at NYCC we got a sneak peak weapon of a pink shaded BG Teela/Marlena sword most speculated it would be for Angella, but nope turns out it comes with:

AUGUST: FLUTTERINA

Beautifully sculpted she comes with the sword and the standard shield. Her wings are rather large, as they should be, and are going to be articulated. (odds are they'll be unattached in the package.

3rd QUARTERLY ITEM: INTERGALACTIC (NA) SKELETOR

As many predicted, the variant of the year is the New Adventures Skeletor -now dubbed Intergalactic Skeletor. The detailing on this guy is amazing. It's an all new head sculpt with the most detailed and realistic skull face on a Skeletor yet. Not sure if the helmet is removable. Looks like it's a separate piece but may be glued on. He includes his NA style staff and he will be coming with the battle damaged Faker head that was shown at NYCC.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last day of the con and once again sneak peaks in the case.

LOO-KEE was in the case after being used at SDCC but not showing up at Power-con or NYCC. He also looked more like a production piece than a prototype so this would seem to indicate he may finally be getting released.

Nearby however was a new accessory/character: BROOM which pretty much confirms MADAME RAZZ will be getting a 2014 release. Gonna have to wait a while though since that's likely it for reveals until Toy Fair in February.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: 7 Days of Cyber Monday sale Reply with quote

Mattycollector.com's annual Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is a week long sale this year. Subscribers can go in through Early Access starting tomorrow (11/26) and then it's open to everyone Wed- 9:00 am PST next Tuesday.

There was no official word on what special items would be thrown up for sale but all these are currently marked "Coming Soon" so odds are here's the list:

Snake Men 2-pack
Griffin
Procrustus
Horde Prime
Mosquitor
Dragon Blaster Skeletor
Battle Armor Skeletor
Teela (Normal) -hasn't been offered in forever!
Battleground Teela
Kobra Khan
Orko
Rokkon & Stonedar 2-pack
Minimasters He-Man & Skeletor 2 pack
Faker
Spirit of Hordak
Granamyr
Stratos
Wbstor
Man-e-Faces
Sy-Klone
Rattlor
Weapons Pak #4 (End of Wars)

items will be offered at up to 30% off with some "super sale" items at 50% off. As usual there will be the "flash sales" on actual Cyber Monday too from 9-2 PST.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The December sale is Monday but early Access is tomorrow.

Standar will be up for sale on the site as will Spirit of Hordak for likely the last time.

The Weapons Rak and King Grayskull (with the crystal orb) will be offered so if you need the rak or orb to complete your Castle Grayskull (since it doesn't come with either) you can grab them but be aware this is very limited remaining stock so it won't last long.

And of course Castle Grayskull itself will be up for sale. It's already started shipping to those who pre-ordered but if you didn't you can still getit day of sale though the price will be $300 plus tax and shipping. According to the shipping label this thing weighs 21 pounds so... yeah expect high shipping costs.

On that note my deal worked out and I was able to get a Castle Grayskull from someone who pre-ordered extras. It arrived today and I'm in the process of taking photos. I'll have my review up as soon as possible, but this may take a while as this thing is BIG with lots of features so I'm going to need quite a few photos to show it off. (Hey this time last year I was convinced I'd never own one so I'm overwhelmed)

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey remember those Mini-Masters that are finally coming out? Yeah there really hasn't been any talk about them since NYCC but at any rate the first set, Battle Armor He-Man vs Mer-Man comes out this month. It's not a sub item so it will be up during Early Access if it doesn't sell out then it'll be available on sale day which is the 17th this month since the 15th is a Saturday.

In other news they had an impressive run of keeping it hidden but apparently pictures of the sub exclusive The Unnamed One have finally leaked and... he's an evil Trollan. He's supposed to come with 4 accessories one of which is an extra head. From what we can see in the picture he has the head (which is obscured from sight by the package but seems to be an unmasked version of his face) a wand and a green energy blast. The fourth we can't see. (though if he is a Trollan it may simply be a flight stand) There's still some skepticism of if this is legit but it seems to be. We'll know for sure my March when he ships.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: TOY FAIR NEWS: Reply with quote

Okay time for some more reveals courtesy of Toy Fair

First a recap of this year's lineup so far:

FEB: Glimmer. Modulok
MAR: Hydron, The Unnamed One (sub exclusive)
APR: Blade
JUN: Extendar
JUL: Flogg, Intergalactic (NA) Skeletor (w/battle damaged Faker head)
AUG: Flutterina

First up some official news about ones we knew were coming somehow:

GOAT MAN -this year's Traveling Convention figure will be available for subscribers to pick up first during Early Access in April. Likewise

LOO-KEE and Filmation colors KOWL are going to be this year's chase figure item. Similar to how the Spirit of Hordak was sold last year. However this year not only are we being told in advance to be on the lookout, but it will be offered up through Early Access in April first. This is a 2-pack consisting of the brand new Loo-Kee figure and the Kowl figure repainted in his Filmation colors instead of the toy version that came with the weapons pack. It will also include a flight stand for Kowl.

as for the regular sub:

SEPTEMBER: RIO BLAST

Pretty much straight up vintage style, though his hair is thicker. From what we can see in the prototype shown his had guns will plug in. His chest will feature a flip down front but there's no hole in his torso and the guns weren't shown. We may need to wait a while to see just how he will work.

we also saw a sneak peak accessory. It's a large book that actually does open. The front has the He-Man cross on it while the back has the H like emblem from He-Ro's armor. It's pretty much all but confirmed that this is the Book of Living Spells and thus we are getting ELDOR in fact if you go to the Mattel site and scroll over the picture of the book it says "mystery" but if you click on it to view larger the url says ELDOR_BOOK... so yeah Eldor's coming but will he be in the main sub or an exclusive?

Now you'll recall back at NYCC we got a sneak peak of Broom so we knew Madame Razz was coming... well she is but she's part of the add on sub we were promised and as speculated it's:

CLUB ETHERIA (Princess of Power 30th Anniversery mini-sub)

Like the Club Filmation last year this will be an add on mini-sub line running one a month starting in July and going through December. The theme is all Princess of Power characters and thus helping us do some much needed catching up with our Great Rebellion. As a bonus though this mini-sub will also include a seventh Subscription exclusive figure!

JULY: DOUBLE TROUBLE (Double Mischief)

The glamorous double agent starts things off. Sadly she fell victim to the lost trademark on her name curse and thus is being marketed under the lame new moniker Double Mischief... but we know who she really is. She will feature her changeable face to switch from good to bad (far as we can tell it works like Man-E-Faces where you turn something on her head to rotate it inside her helmet) She also includes a crossbow weapon that likewise can be altered to look like a Horde weapon.

AUGUST: MADAME RAZZ & BROOM

Straight out of Filmation we finally get this fan-demanded character and her trusty companion/ride. Broom is mostly an accessory but does have articulated arms and his bristles are sculpted in such a way that Razz will be able to pose riding him.

SEPTEMBER: ENTRAPTA

It's not all heroes. Entrapta, strangely enough, is actually based more on her vintage toy than cartoon look. She will have sculpted hair, not sure if it's articulated though. She comes with a shield and as a bonus she features another Filmation artifact: The Shaping Staff.

SUB EXCLUSIVE shipping in OCTOBER: LIGHT HOPE

Wait what? Wasn't Light Hope just a beam of light? Well we'll need to see his bio to get the whole story but the figure is more or less Crystal Castle Man. He has a translucent pinkish body and golden armor that is reminicent of the Crystal Castle's design. Adding to that he has a staff that is topped by a mini Crystal Castle.

SNEAK PEAK for OCTOBER'S(?) FIGURE: SWEET BEE

The sneak peak accessory is the space helmet Sweet Bee wore when she first showed up in the cartoon. Judging by the size it will be an alternate head as it would not possibly fit over sculpted hair.

Now apparently the last figure in the sub is going to cost $30 instead of the usual $25, also Toyguru said it's a she. Most speculation is that it will be Mermista and she costs more due to having interchangeable legs/tail. Others think it could be Granita though so we'll have to wait and see.

The sub will be on sale from Feb 17 - March 10 so go sign up. Supposedly we do need to hit a minimum to get it through but there won't be a meter as Mattel is not worried about it hitting. Scott did say if it somehow doesn't hit we'd still get the revealed figures but may need to wait till 2015 for them! (and we wouldn't get the others so GO SUBSCRIBE)

finally the next two Mini-Masters packs have been shown but I didn't see a release date for them yet. We're getting a total of six packs this year the last two will be shown at SDCC the ones shown today are:

STRATOS vs SCARE GLOW
MAN-AT-ARMS vs FAKER

The only clue we've gotten towards the last two is that the focus for this first wave will be mostly on vintage MOTU characters. Toyguru answered a question of if we would get POP characters in this line by saying the focus would be "mainly on" vintage MOTU for these first six and it could expand out after that provided they sell well. The fact that he said "mostly" leads me to think we may get She-Ra herself. We'll see.

one last bit of good news/bad news: regarding 2015 and beyond the bad news is we will see a price increase and furthermore it's likely the price will keep going up each year.

But the good news is Toyguru explained the increase may be as low as $0.10 and at maximum $2. (the way he kept describing that the increase won't be much makes $0.25 -$0.50 most likely) not that bad. So it shouldn't hurt next year's sub sales too much.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys the March sale was just announced and the "reissues" up for sale are Galactic Protector He-Man (makes sense since the monthly figure is Hydron) and also....... Fang Man.

As you probably recall Fang Man was a subscription only figure last year having no day of sale stock which created quite a stir and also resulted in very inflated prices on the secondary market. Well now he will be available for anyone to buy. What do you think? Is this a smart or dumb move on Mattel's part?

Of course the catch is he'll be available through Early Access first so there's a good chance he'll sell out before the general public can order him anyway.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go with the sub drive aggravation AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, we're getting the whole "sub numbers are low and we may cancel it" talk AGAIN.

We were told at the beginning that Club Etheria would have a minimum number to reach or it wouldn't go through, but at the same time they said they weren't going to bother with a meter as they had full confidence there would be no problem. As the sales started Toyguru said we were on par with the numbers for Club Filmation last year, but a couple days later he said it had slowed down. Then he started making it sound like we were way behind and finally he gave a number that we were around 52% with only 10 days to go.

Okay first the positive: These drives seem to follow the same patten each time. We get a huge amount on the first couple days, another surge at the end of the month (caused by people waiting for payday and/or making sure the charge goes on next month's bill) and finally a huge surge at the last minute that pushes us over. The last minute surge is helped largely by online secondary market retailers like Big Bad Toystore and we know BBT is taking pre-orders on the figures. They've "sold out" then reopened and "Sold Out" again. See they make sure they're going to get a lot of sales on enough figures before they place the orders for all the subs -thus they wait till the last minute to order.

Also looking at last year's main sub drive we were only halfway there with ten days to go and we made it. Most people believe we're going to make it, but still if you're on the fence please take the plunge and sub up (I've already ordered mine) These are great figures and more importantly we aren't going to finish the POP line if we don't get this mini-sub.

That leads to the bad. See if the sub fails, well yes we'll get the ones shown (heck Double Trouble already has carded samples) but they'll be placed in the 2015 main sub IN PLACE OF THE OTHER POP WE WOULD BE GETTING. That means we'd have to get a 2016 line in order to finish and we're talking about missing major characters like Angella, Mermista, Peekablue... Then there's the factor of if these figures didn't attract sales on their own how much would they hurt the 2015 sales and maybe we won't get ANY more. (I've read comments from some fans who are so fed up that they say if the mini-sub fails they won't bother subbing for 2015!)

It's stuff like this that makes me and many other fans feel we were outright LIED to by Scott and Mattel. We were PROMISED that we'd get all the vintage MOTU and vintage POP by the end of 2015 simply by supporting the MAIN line. NOWHERE was it said this was contingent on getting a mini-sub pushed through. It was largely suspected by the fans that this would be how it was done, however that leads to the other point that we were told these mini-subs were our reward for going above the call of duty on the main subs. We were led to believe the extra finances from the over % was what funded the mini-subs and our work was done. We didn't have to go through any sub scares for Club Filmation it was apparently greenlit before even being revealed. (and really who actually was asking for Nepthu?) So why are we facing this now with such highly demanded characters? It just feels like another example of Mattel not really caring about She-Ra and company. We shouldn't have had to wait this long for so many of them to begin with!

Yeah, I'm pretty mad at Mattel and Scott right now (it doesn't help that some of his comments lately have been rather rude to the fans) still I'm not going to let that stop me from getting my figures and I hope you won't either. I'd like to believe we're going to be okay and in the end this will go through just like the others, but I don't want to take chances. Let's show these jerk that or girls are loved ans get them made!

You have from now through March 10 to sign up.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of Charlie Brown, "I know I should be happy, but I'm not."

I SHOULD be happy because Club Etheria is a go -we are getting them.

I'm not because, according to Scott, we actually only hit 97% not 100 or above like we expected/hoped.

I SHOULD be happy that they're doing the mini-sub anyway.

I'm not because of the implications failing to hit 100% brings up.

You just know the naysayers are going to jump on this and claim it's proof they're right to diss She-Ra and she "isn't very popular." Or worse Mattel will make the claim and use it to "justify" not producing more POP stuff when they already show the faction little to no respect.

WE know that's a complete load of Swift Wind droppings, but that won't stop them from spouting it.

The immediate ramifications of missing the 100% mark is that there will be reduced day of sale numbers. We already know there will be at least one with no DOS (and that's besides the sub exclusive Light Hope) Also Mattel says this is going to make them rethink out of sub items and a potential 2015 mini-sub.

And how does this bode for the 2015 main sub?

For now let's just be happy that the mini-sub is going through and we're that much closer to completing the excellent line up of great POP characters.

On that note though Scott has given us a bit more info on the unrevealed slots.

1. Mermista is NOT in the mini-sub. (So who is that $30 figure?)
2. we could potentially see a variant and/or another first time character in the mini-sub -though we may not. (Starburst She-Ra variant?)
3. All the Club Etheria figures are female except Light Hope (the sub exclusive) and Broom (who comes as Madame Razz's accessory)
4. There will be one more POP character in the main sub (can that be Mermista?)

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have at least one SDCC item revealed... and it's kinda lackluster.

The revealed item is Filmation Hordak with Imp. Except it's not really a full Filamtion Hordak it's just the regular Hordak done in Filmation colors (white face, blue arms and legs...) He will feature an interchangeable arm so it can be swapped out for his canon arm which also features a plug in robotic hand.

Imp looks accurate though, but really he's a tiny pack in accessory and the main figure is a simple repaint variant. Those who buy the figure at the con will get an extra bonus of Imp shape-shifted into a small treasure chest. The chest Imp will not be included with the one sold on Mattycollector after the con.

Fan reaction has been rather negative. While Imp looks the way we wanted and expected, the Hordak seems really cheep for an SDCC item. Mattel has said there are more SDCC exclusives to be revealed in the next couple weeks so hopefully they'll be another MOTUC item.

edit: No. Touguru has said this is the only MOTU item for SDCC. Furthermore he said they actually had the budget to make the new head but purposely chose not to "in order to keep a unified look to the line"

EPIC FAIL!

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: NEWS; 2015 sub details and more Reply with quote

Couple other things to talk about before we get to the info on the 2015 lineup/sub.

1. Mattel will not be attending New York Comic Con this year. I've also recently heard they may not be attending Power-Con either. As a result the traveling con figure Goat Man will be sold at SDCC. (Normally the Traveling Con figure is available at every con BUT SDCC) This is in addition to the actual SDCC exclusive Etheria Invasion Hordak with Imp.

2. Regarding the Mini-Masters. First Toyguru said that they'd have some new info about the line to reveal at SDCC that "should make fans happy". This would seem to indicate they do plan to continue beyond the initial six sets, however he then later posted a thread on He-Man.org saying they aren't selling quite as well as expected and asked fans what they could do to attract more sales. The general consensus was LOWER THE PRICE! Scott says they are looking into possible ways to bring the cost down a bit, be it redesigned smaller packaging or, most likely, doing away with the collect an connect diorama pieces. (so if you were hoping for a Snake Mountian better prepare to be disappointed) Toyguru finally said they do have a 2015 line up planned, but it may not go forward if sales are too low.

which brings us to the 2015 Classics sub lineup. As you should know, the roadmap was re-set up so that we would get all the vintage characters and variants as well as all the POP characters by the end of 2015. That still holds true but... well .......

2015 will be the FINAL year for Masters of the Universe Classics

However, it may not be the end of MOTU figures in this style and scale. Huh? What? Okay here's the deal; at the end of 2015 the Classics name and green brick packaging will end/be retired. However, we may see more figures done in the same scale, just under a new name and package style. Basically it would be like how DC Universe Classics ended, but was followed by DC Universe Signature Series. We could see new characters, reissues of previous releases... or maybe nothing if production costs get too high. Right now we need to get 2015 locked in and then we'll see what the future holds. One way or another though after 2015 there will be no more figures labeled as MOTU Classics.

So what's in store for 2015? Well the good news is the price increase we knew was coming was only $1. Hardly a big deal. Subs go on sale starting June 27 and running until August 19. Now, like last year, you can sign up now, but won't know any of the figures until the reveal panel at SDCC. As a bonus incentive though this year everyone who signs up before 11:59 am (PT) on July 25th (the reveal panel is at noon PT) will receive a free set of the stackable stands. (shipped with January figure)

Another reason you may want to sign up early is this year there is a maximum quota of subs and once that number is reached they won't take any more orders. It should be noted though the quota is said to be above the total amount of subs that were sold last year, but why chance it? I mean we basically know about 95% of who we're getting this time.

As before having a sub means you're guaranteed every item covered by the subs -there will once again be some characters with no day of sale stock. Also you get to utilize the Early Access sales.

The sub consists of 12 monthly figures, 4 quarterly items, 1 sub exclusive figure, and 1 end of the year ("holiday") item. The prices of the quarterly items pretty much give away what they are. Two at $52, one at $26, and one at $42. Given that we know were getting all the vintage characters and variants that would indicate
$52 = Terror Claws Skeletor/Flying Fists He-Man 2-pack
$26 = Buzz Saw Hordak
$52 = Laser Light He-Man/Laser Power Skeletor 2-pack
$42 = Multi-Bot

The end of the year item costs $60 so that one opens up a bit more speculation. Twistoid and Rotar would make a logical 2-pack but would they cost that much? Also a certain He-Man.org member who is known to often have insider information dropped a suggestion that the $26 item could actually be Starburst She-Ra and the $60 item is Buzz Saw Hordak packed with Mantisaur. That would be awesome, but we won't know for sure. The prices give us a pretty good assumption of most of them, but there is wiggle room for a surprise.

To recap, as per the promise assuming the 2015 sub goes through by the end of 2015 we WILL get:

All remaining vintage characters: Gwildor, Rotar, Twistoid, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, and Multi-Bot

All remaining vintage variants: Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Laser Light He-Man, Laser Power Skeletor, and Buzz Saw Hordak

All remaining POP characters: Mermsita, Peekablue, Angella, Spinnerella, and Perfuma

The fan choice vote winners: Mara, and Huntara

Now take note that we still have 6 unrevealed slots in 2014 (2 club Eternia monthly, 2 Club Etheria monthly, 1 quarterly and the "holiday" item) and we'll likely have an SDCC and a Traveling con exclusives in 2015 plus a possible 2015 chase figure so there's still a few mystery skus to fill.

Plus -take this with a grain of salt but- a Facebook post from a (different) fan who claims to have inside information said that Mattel is planning another add-on mini sub for 2015 pending successful Club Eternia numbers and that it will be 200X character themed. Again I don't know how reliable this info is but worth noting in that:

there was a poll on He-Man.org listing the top 20 fan wanted characters for 2016 and beyond (this was before the end of Classics announcement) the results were:
1. Evilseed (200x cartoon)
2. Lord Masque (Filmation)
3. Lizard Man (Filmation)
4. Calix (200x cartoon)
5. Skeletor's Robot Knights (Filmation)
6. Veena (200x cartoon)
7. Vultak (Filmation)
8. Granita (Filmation)
9. Despara (New 52 DC comic)
10. Dylamug (Filmation)
11. Hunga the Harpy (Filmation)
12. Prahvus (200x cartoon)
13. General Sunder (Filmation)
14. Tuskador (NA)
15. Horde Wraith (200x cartoon)
16. Crita (NA Cartoon)
17. Miro (200x cartoon)
18. Lodar (vintage MOTU mini-comic)
19. Lizorr (NA)
20. Quakke (NA)

then Toyguru said, "I can tell you quite a few of the figures on this results list are in the works already and at least two will be shown at SDCC!"

Well look how many 200X ones there are -enough for a mini-sub. We know Lord Masque is not in the works as he lost the vote to Huntara and likewise Tuskador lost to Mara. Dylamug would be very heavy new tooling.

They'd damn well better make a Dree Elle figure though! I'm honestly surprised she's not on that top twenty along with Kittrina. I'm also shocked Despara is on the list at all let alone so high -personally I have no desire for that figure... which means she's probably one of the ones coming knowing my luck.

But I'm not letting that stop me from signing up. It's been a great run, but it's not quite done yet. Let's get that last year and go out with a bang.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: SDCC preview night Reply with quote

SDCC is underway and while the actual reveal panel isn't until Friday we've had a few preview reveals plus a couple leaked photos.

First off Mattel has officially unveiled Sweet Bee and Eldor who we knew were coming from sneak peek items back at Toy Fair.

They've also revealed the Battle Ram vehicle! Yep we are actually getting the whole thing -and I mean the whole thing. It's coming as the full vehicle so if you missed out on the Sky Sled you still get a full Battle Ram. At the same time the sled part that comes with the vehicle has a redesigned head so if you did get the previous sled you now have two different ones. It'll also include a new Man-At-Arms figure that features an unhlemeted head. Better start saving now though because it's got a whopping $110 price tag!

They've also shown one of the upcoming minis sets; Zodac vs Beast Man.

Plus another new scale series; MOTU Jumbos. These are recreations of the vintage figures scaled up to 12 inches tall. similar to the Gentle Giant Star Wars figures. Like those though they're expensive -$75 each! So far they've shown He-Man and Skeletor and said there will be 2 more this year.

Getting back to Classics though; Unofficially revealed but leaked photos have shown Tung Lashor and NA She-Ra. Not photoed but reportedly seen are Spinnerella and Lodar.

it's heavily rumored that December's figure is Gwildor -seemingly confirmed by what appears to be his staff from the movie in the display case. Also heavily rumored is that the 4th quarter item is Arrow (Bow's horse) and the $35 "holiday" item is Mermista.

There are reports that the $52 quarterly slots in 2015 are NOT the variants! Instead we may see the hover robot knights from Filmation!

So what about the promised variants? A variant mini-sub? Maybe not as the guy who leaked the Tung Lashor and other photos as firmly stated that the 2015 mini sub will definitely have Veena, Phravus and Calix plus 3 others. Provided of course the 2015 main sub goes through.

Which I'm fairly certain it will. According to the latest meter update we're already halfway there even before any actual reveals! And we know that the big online resellers haven't ordered yet so.... Yeah pretty sure we've got this. But don't chance it! Let's get the rest of those orders in and secure it, I wants my Veena!

If there's any more reveals before the panel I'll post them as an update in this reply otherwise I'll be back Friday night to give you the full details on everything.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: SDCC 2014 Reply with quote

Okay He-Fans and She-Ravers, lots of stuff to go over from the SDCC panel reveals so let's get into it.

MOTU CLASSICS: 2015, as stated, will be the last year for MOTU Classics however it's not the end. Mattel is going to cease using the Classics name and package design owing to the fact that after 2015 they will have done everyone from the vintage line. However, they basically came out and said the six inch figures will continue in some form. So assuming 2015 sells through (which seems likely as we're at 51% already BEFORE any reveals! [knock on wood]) 2016 will see new figures, though we should expect to see some "2.0" redos of classic characters along with some new characters.

MOTU MINIS: First off Mattel will be offering special bundle packs of this year's sets in August. If you missed out on the first three sets you can order bundle #1 which comes with all three sets. What's more in August you can pre-order bundle #2 which will have sets 4-6. This way you can save on shipping (which has been a bit high for such small items) Note that it's a pre-order so you will have to wait until December to get them. (I'm thinking I'm going to do this) Sets 4-6 will still be available day of sale every other month if you don't want to wait.

The minis line will be continuing into 2015 and there will be a new diorama of (a more cartoon than toy inspired) Snake Mountain. However they will not be collect and connect. Instead there will be a subscription offered and the diorama is the sub exclusive item. The sub consists of six packs with two figures each, shipping every other month. The $20 sub sign up charge covers the cost of the diorama (which to be fair looks a bit more 3D) and each pack will be $20 each through the sub or $22 day of sale. Note that since they are now a subscription item, in 2015 they won't be available through early access. (apparently they couldn't find a way to lower the price and the best they could do was keep it from going up with rising production costs) If you get the subs for both Classics and Minis they will ship together (assuming you use the same payment method and mailing address) so you save on shipping costs.

MOTU GIANTS: A new series of giant figures similar in concept to the Star Wars Gentle Giant line. These are literally the vintage figures 3D scanned and increased in size to 12 inches tall. They have the exact look both figure and weapon of the original toys and even come on recreated vintage style blister card packaging just all bigger. They even feature the spring loaded twist and punch action feature of the vintage. So far there's only four to start and we'll see where it goes once we see how these first ones sell. At $75 each (apparently only #70 through the sub) it may not take off. They will be offering a sort of sub to get them all or a bundle package pre-order where like the minis you get them all at once in December.

Okay here's a breakdown of the upcoming releases starting with what we already knew:

AUGUST:

Club Eternia Monthly: FLUTTERINA
Club Eternia Quarterly: INTERGALACTIC (NA) SKELETOR [with battle damaged Faker head]
Club Etheria Monthly: MADAME RAZZ (with BROOM)
Minis: MAN-AT-ARMS VS. FAKER

SEPTEMBER:

Club Eternia Monthly: RIO BLAST
Club Etheria Monthly: ENTRAPTA
Subscribers will get a Great Rebellion sticker sheet with her

and now the new stuff:

also in SEPTEMBER:

Giants: HE-MAN
well obviously we start a new line with the main character. Comes with his Power Sword, axe and shield just like the vintage.

OCTOBER:

Club Eternia Monthly: ELDOR
This mentor to He-Ro was a prototype figure seen in the 1987 Mattel catalog but never saw release until now and he is highly detailed! He comes with his Book of Living Spells, which actually can open. He also comes with a removable hood and a staff which is actually the Staff of the Ancients as seen in Filmation! Eldor too will come shipped with a sticker sheet featuring new "Heroic Warriors" and "Evil Warriors" logos.

Club Etheria Monthly: SWEET BEE
Straight out of Filmation look. She features semi translucent wings which are articulated. She comes with the standard POP shield plus an alternate head of her Filmation space helmet, and a brand new bee stinger shaped blaster. NOTE: She will have no day of sale stock though.

Club Etheria Exclusive: LIGHT HOPE
Okay we already saw this guy back at Toy Fair, just a reminder he ships in October only to subscribers.

Bonus Non-Sub Classics Item: BATTLE RAM
The all-new fan-demanded MOTUC vehicle has arrived! The front half is a detachable Sky Sled with a snake design, which can be interchanged with the 2013 Griffin design Sky Sled that came with Sky-High. The new Battle Ram features real rolling wheels, a projectile launcher, and includes an all-new version of Man-At-Arms with a helmetless head that shows off his 200X style ponytail. The figure has double arm armor and “leather” boots like in Filmation. (So Filmation body 200X head) He includes a mace, a pistol, and a sword that snap into his armor. Start saving up now though cause this huge thing costs $110! (plus shipping which probably will be high for something this big and likely heavy) NOTE: Originally when Mattel showed it on preview night they said it was coming in December but during the panel they said October -so plan for October be ready for December.

Minis: ZODAC VS. BEAST MAN
Zodac comes with both the vintage style gun and the 200X style staff. Beast Man has his trademark whip and a ball & chain mace. The set also includes the lower right tower collect and connect piece.

Giants: SKELETOR
Just like the vintage figure with his Havoc staff and purple sword.

NOVEMBER:

Club Eternia Monthly: TUNG LASHOR
Done vintage style he features a lot of new tooling giving him a tall and lean look. He features two heads; one mouth closed the other open with his signature tongue extended. For weapons he has a purple snake staff and his classic dragonfly crossbow. Like Rattlor he also includes a Horde armband.

Club Eternia Quarterly: ARROW
I'm guessing this is the "huh?" character Toyguru hinted at. Arrow is Bow's horse and... that's what he is; a horse. The vintage toy was a blue Pegasus while on the cartoon he was a regular brown horse. The Classics toy is done in the cartoon look, but comes with toy style wings that can plug in. It's the same mold a Swift Wind but Arrow has saddle attachments that cover up the holes if you choose to go wingless.

Club Eternia "Holiday" item: GWILDOR
Straight out of the live action movie he comes with his staff seen in the film and two versions of the Cosmic Key. One is the same mold as the previous one that came with Preternia Disguise He-Man but painted in vintage toy colors with plain grey body and red tongs. The other is a more film accurate free standing model -though again with red tongs.

Club Etheria monthly: GALACTIC PROTECTOR (NA) SHE-RA
In celebration of POP's 30th anniversary we get a brand new She-Ra variant of her New Adventures look. Of course She-Ra wasn't in the vintage New Adventures series, but this look was first seen in the last Classics mini-comic. She comes with a NA style Sword of Protection, a translucent green wing shaped shield, and a pistol with a removable holster. Apparently her helmet's visor is also removable.

Giants: STRATOS
For some reason they went with the reverse colored version with the red jet pack and blue wings.

DECEMBER:

Club Eternia Monthly: MERMISTA
Considering all she comes with it's amazing she's a regular monthly slot. She features a swappable lower half to switch from her human legs to a fully articulated mermaid tail. She comes with a shield, a conch shell horn, and a stand to prop her up in mermaid form.

Club Etheria Monthly: SPINNERELLA
She's the $30 item due to her "enhanced" deco. (i.e. all her arm and skirt streamers) Plus she has a feature with her hair where you can have her Filmation look or add on a piece to create her toy look with the tiara. She comes with a shield and a repainted version of Goddess' spear.

Minis: KING HE-MAN VS CLAWFUL
Clawful okay but King He-Man is a surprise. Clawful features his green mace while King He-Man has his staff and a 200X style Power Sword -though it appears to be an intact version instead of the aged and damaged version the Classics figure came with. The set includes the final collect and connect Grayskull piece (upper tower)

I'm cautiously optimistic that 2015 will go through although I must say the "sub lures" are a bit surprising.

JANUARY

Club Eternia Monthly: LIZARD MAN
A popular fan demanded character from Filmation. He comes with a Filmation Skeletor sword plus the Diamond Ray of Disappearance! (strange since he's a good guy and those are bad guy items but...)

Club Minis: SHE-RA vs. HORDE TROOPER
She-Ra comes with her Sword of Protection and her toy style shield. The Horde Trooper includes a Filmation style shock rod and the Classics style Horde emblem shield.

FEBRUARY

Club Eternia Monthly: NINJOR
sadly he's another lost trademark name (I believe there was a Power Rangers guy called Ninjor) so on the package it will say "Ninja Warrior" -not so bad. His design's been updated a bit so his tunic looks more like leather armor now. He comes with two heads- one masked one unmasked- and all his weapons; a katana, nunchucks, and a bow. Plus he now features a removable quiver of arrows on his back. He also features a new fancy belt piece that looks very much like the one the 200X Jitsu staction had. Not sure if it's removable but I wouldn't be surprised if it is as a way of sneaking it in so you can use it for Jitsu.

Club Eternia 1st Quarterly: SNAKE ARMOR HE-MAN VS. BATTLE ARMOR (200X) KING HISS
What the heck?!? Talk about unexpected! I mean we all figured it was a variant 2-pack but we were expecting the vintage variants! Snake Armor He-Man features a new sculpted head with a 200X style look. He comes with a 200X style Power Sword and plug in gauntlet claws. King Hiss is straight up 200X style in human form (though more cartoon than toy look) and comes with a snake staff and shield. He, of course, features an alternate snake torso which is deluxe in sculpt with not five but EIGHT snakes!

MARCH:

Club Eternia Monthly: HUNTARA
the fan choice winner Huntara is straight out of her Filmation appearance. She comes with her twin laser swords and also includes a primitive stone style axe that is actually meant for the sub exclusive figure coming the same month, but packed with her for budget reasons. Sadly she does not include an alternate masked head. Sure she only wore the mask briefly in the episode but fans still wanted it.

Club Eternia Subscription Exclusive: OO-LARR
Who-Larr? Yeah it's Pre-Filmation mini comic He-Man. He's wearing a different furry loincloth with a rope belt... and nothing else. He has no armor, his arms have no bracers and he's barefoot. He comes with two heads, one long haired "Alcala" Pre-Filmation comic style the other a spot on vintage He-Man style head. He also includes a "wood and stone head" spear. He'll come packed with a new mini-comic as well as the Sub exclusive map which this year is of the interior of Castle Grayskull.

Club Minis: MEKANECK vs. JITSU
Jistu has his sword. Mekaneck has his club and apparently will have a feature where you can swap out his extended neck like how it was done in Classics.

TRAVELING CONVENTION ITEM: HOVER ROBOTS
An army builder for Skeletor's forces. These flying robot lackeys were seen in many a Filmation episode. And to help build up the army (and because these guys are smaller than a normal figure) this is a 3-pack! They come with interchangeable hands (claws, spinning blades) flight stands and battle damage deco sheets. Yes apparently for these guys the battle damage will be decal stickers you can choose to put on (or not) where you want.

SNEAK PEAK PICTURE: a quick shot of white wing tips so... ANGELLA ?

I remind you again you have until August 18th to sign up for the 2015 sub. Remember this year we pretty much know at least 90% of who we're getting.

2015 WILL include:
Dragstor, Saurod, Ssqueeze, Multi-Bot, Blast Attak, Rotar, Twistoid, Angella, Peekablue, Perfuma, Mara, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Laser Light He-Man, Laser Power Skeletor, and Buzz Saw Hordak. Plus a few surprises.

We've already seen one surprise in the 200X variant 2-pack. That raises the question of how all the remaining variants will come. Not all the figures will necessarily be part of the main sub -but we have to get the main sub to go through in order to get anything else.

-------SPECULATION... not confirmed--------

Okay now these statements I'm about to tell you here are not confirmed. It's just rumors however those rumors come from sources known to have inside info and have proven to usually be correct.

1. There will be a 200X add on sub provided the main sub goes through. Now Toyguru did essentially confirm there will be an add on but would not confirm the theme. There's some speculation among fans we may see a variant sub, however multiple sources firmly state 200X and that the first three will be VEENA, PHRAVUS, and CALIX.
2. There will be another surprise variant 2-pack featuring STARBURST SHE-RA vs. "BARBARIAN" CATRA (vintage toy version)
3. the chase item for 2015 will be a Trollan 2-pack of DREE ELLE and MONTORK (oh please please PLEASE let this be true I want my Dree Elle!)
4. LODAR is coming in some form -he was going to be the Traveling con item but has been moved to another slot.
5. The $60 "year end" item is BUZZ SAW HORDAK with MANTISAUR -note Toyguru did confirm they're doing something special with Buzz Saw Hordak to make him more appealing but didn't say exactly what.
6. EVIL SEED is coming and will include parts to swap between his Filmation and 200X looks.

----- end speculation-----

So that's it for now. I'll let you know when there's any new information. Let's get out there and push Classics through for a dynamite finish... and then whatever the future holds beyond that. Like the Eternian proverb goes, "every destination is but a doorway to another"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: