80sCartoons.net Forum Index

The Tarzan/Lone Ranger/Zorro Adventure Hour coming to DVD!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: The Tarzan/Lone Ranger/Zorro Adventure Hour coming to DVD!!! Reply with quote

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tarzan-Lone-Ranger-Zorro-Adventure-Hour-Lone-Ranger-Zorro-Volume-1/8148

Check it out! The 1980 cartoon series that started as The Tarzan/Lone Ranger Adventure Hour and later expanded to The Tarzan/Lone Ranger/Zorro Adventure Hour is coming to DVD!!!

Unfortunately, it will be minus the Tarzan part, as the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate holds the rights to that and all Tarzan properties- but BCI will soon be bringing out The Lone Ranger/Zorro -Volume 1 set on DVD, somewhere in January 2008!

Check out the link for more info. Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Get it sooner! Reply with quote

Yeah!!! The release date has been bumped up to December 18! So you can get this set in time for Christmas! Very Happy

Go here to check out the press release and box art! And there's an extra interview with Lou Scheimer. It looks pretty awesome!
(This is Volume 1, so I assume more are forthcoming) Amazon.com has this first set up for presale at $11.19 - WOW! That's a pretty cool deal!

Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested, Volume 2 of this series will be out on July 15th, probably at about the same price of the first set- which seems to be around 15 bucks- maybe cheaper at some places.

Check out the cover art here.
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tarzan-Lone-Ranger-Zorro-Adventure-Hour-Volume-2-Box-Art/9391
Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like this might finally be getting completed on DVD after all! Very Happy
The Lone Ranger and Zorro segments have been fully released on DVD once before by BCI/Eclipse (which is now out of print), and now Classic Media is rereleasing some select episodes to DVD starting October 4th. (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tarzan-Lone-Ranger-Zorro-Adventure-Hour-DVDs-Announced/15648)
And according to a FaceBook comment from Warner Archive, it looks like the Tarzan segments are coming to DVD now too!
It may take a while due to remastering needing to be done, but Warner Archive has said Tarzan is on the way to DVD! Very Happy Cool
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/New-Adventures-Batman-DVDs-Planned/15667

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: