80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Kimba the White Lion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceDragon
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Kimba the White Lion Reply with quote

I didnt know anything about this one until a few weeks ago (even when Im sure it was on during my childhood) and I gotta admit that I only watched it because of that whole «Lion King» deal that Im sure everybody is aware of.

But man, how fast I forgot about that once I started watching it! I just can´t describe how much I love this one now! It seems like the creators had put some real effort into make it good, and that´s pretty obvious to the viewer. Some effects like the fog and the snow, look and feel a lot better to me than most of the ones present in some later cartoons of the 90´s (I´m watching the 89 version of the show). The visuals, the music, and the plots are great in this one.

But I guess the thing that impressed me the most was the protagonist´s voice in japanese. Megumi Hayashibara did a terrific job in those recordings, and thus her voice sounds just beautiful to me (even making it one of the best I've ever heard).

And to make it even more awesome, this whole series are being officially released on Youtube with english subtitles and japanese voices (opening and ending songs included!) Here´s the link of the official chanel: click.

I don´t really know what more to say, and I apologize if the thread just doesnt look as good as it could, but I assure that I did the best I could with my limited english skills :/

BTW: Does anime count as a cartoon? I never really thought about that until now.

Last edited by IceDragon on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey IceDragon,
Yes- anime certainly counts as a cartoon. It's just a different style of animation. And the Japanese have done a great job with many cartoons. Though I don't generally like anime much, Kimba the White Lion is one of my few exceptions. Thanks for the link- I knew it was around in the 1960s, but I didn't realize there was a 1980s version too.
Very Happy Cool
(And as to your English skills, it sounds like you are doing pretty well, amigo.)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
IceDragon
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Hey IceDragon,
Yes- anime certainly counts as a cartoon. It's just a different style of animation. And the Japanese have done a great job with many cartoons. Though I don't generally like anime much, Kimba the White Lion is one of my few exceptions. Thanks for the link- I knew it was around in the 1960s, but I didn't realize there was a 1980s version too.
Very Happy Cool
(And as to your English skills, it sounds like you are doing pretty well, amigo.)

Sweet! and thank you man, that´is certainly a relief as I sometimes feel like I'm typing some kind of unreadable chain Razz

I'm looking forward to show this awesome animé to my cousin as he grows up, that certainly would give him some memories to enjoy Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's always cool- introducing the young kids to the classics of cartoons... Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: