80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Kidd Video Series on Dvd?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons for Sale/Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richalb06
Radical

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Kidd Video Series on Dvd? Reply with quote

I'm looking for the kidd Video series on Dvd if possible, can any1 help?

NIGHTWALKER193
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Kidd Video on DVD Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with this series, but here are some sites you might want to check out:

www.ioffer.com
www.cartoonsaloon.com
Toon Source (look up the show at www.toonarific.com, then click on the Purchase Online button at the bottom of the page, this will give you the link to Toon Source)
www.espocartoons.com

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might like to check out this great fansite too-
www.kvflipside.org

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
killer3k
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Kidd Video Reply with quote

Here's a link to the best Kidd Video website around. It's an Italian site, but this link is a google-translated version. The site even has NEW pics of Bryan Scott ("Kidd Video" himself). This is a rare find, since he's made himself near impossible to find on the internet or anywhere else. Here's the link:
http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://kiddvideo.altervista.org/&ei=1mh8S83IM4rk7APdv8WsBA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://kiddvideo.altervista.org/%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3Dhcs
Personally, I have the following episodes:
1 To Beat the Band
2 The Master Zapper
3 Woofers and Tweeters
4 Barnacolis
5 The Pink Sphinx
6 Cienega
7 ~The Lost Note~
8 Music Sports
9 ~Chameleons~
10 Euphonius, the Melodious Dragon
11 ~Professor Maestro~
12 Grooveyard City
13 The Stone
14 The Dream Machine
15 Double Trouble
16 No Place Like Home
17 ~Having a Ball~
18 Old Time Rocks That Roll
19 ~Star Maker~
20 Narra Takes a Powder
21 ~Race to Popland~
22 Master Blaster Brat
23 Twilight Double Header
24 ~A Friend in Need~
25 Pirates and Puzzles
26 Who's In the Kitchen With Dinah?

NOTE: "~" indicates the episodes that I'm MISSING.

If anyone has the missing episodes, PLEASE contact me.

As far as my vids go, none of them are what I'd consider to be "good" quality. Kidd Video never came out on DVD. Only VHS. So the only existing copies of the show are on old VHS tapes. My episodes were converted to digital format from VHS, and some of them have suffered further loss of quality, due to the fact that I ripped them from youtube (as you may be aware, when digital video and audio files are compressed, they lose quality). Many of my episodes have poor sound quality, since they were obviously taken from old VHS tapes. I'm currently working on a project to clean up the audio tracks the best I can, and then I'm going to put them all on DVD. So far, I've cleaned up the audio for TWO episodes, and the results are pretty good. I've managed to make the audio tracks about 20 to 30 percent better, using professional software called Izotope RX. Hopefully, I'll be able to find the "missing" episodes before making the DVDs, because it would be nice to have the COMPLETE collection.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Thanks for the link, man.
Smile

killer3k
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all. Glad I could provide the link. Smile

By the way, I've got ALL of the Kidd Video episodes now.
Finally. ^_^

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I'm sure tracking down all the Kidd Video episodes is a nice, hefty challenge. Good deal. Cool

SweepySmurf
Radical

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Kidd Video. Great series. I seem to recall a pie fight on this cartoon for some reason. If this has occurred, which episode was it?

killer3k
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just from memory, their were pies thrown in the episode DOUBLE TROUBLE. Also, the cloud monsters threw a few pies in the episode PIRATES AND PUZZLES, but I doubt that's the one you're thinking of. Most likely, you're thinking of Double Trouble, when the kidd video gang's heads were put in stocks and they had pies thrown at their faces. Then, Toolbot distracted the people who were throwing pies, by putting a video screen up in front of the gang and showing a music video.

Here is a brief description of the episode from kvflipside.org:

The band finds a message in a bottle -- a man named Laster is trapped in the tunnels of South Plumbington. When they go to free him, they find out that they have freed a Master Blaster look-alike. Laster and Master Blaster are twin brothers. Master Blaster has imprisoned Laster so that he could take his place as treasurer of South Plumbington (and get the town treasure!). Master Blaster just needs to find the key to the vault.

After having some fun fooling the Copy Cats, the kids help Laster find the key and get his rightful place back as treasurer. Master and Laster's mother shows up to determine who is who, and picks Master Blaster as her favorite rotten son. Master Blaster still steals the treasure, only to find out that he has gotten... shower heads!

Quotes:
"Oh great... now I have to get my hair wet!" -Kidd before he jumps into a whirlpool to save the others
"As ex-Treasurer of South Plumbington, I officially declare this show closed! ...does anyone have an aspirin?" -Master Blaster's closing words

Music video clip: Mike and the Mechanics, "Taken In"
Additional Top 40 music: Stevie Wonder, "Master Blaster (Jammin')"
Ending video: "We Should Be Together"

killer3k
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW,
I'm very close to making this collection available online.
So keep checking thepiratebay.org, as this will probably be the first place that it becomes available. I expect I should be able to do it some time within the next few months (if there are no unexpected delays). I've just got a couple more episodes to do some work on. But this type of work is time consuming. Especially when video is out of sync with audio at an inconsistent rate. I have to line everything up manually. Because on some of these episodes, the video speeds up and slows down while the audio stays at a constant speed. A real pain in the ass, but it'll be worth it in the end.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just watched the first episode of Kidd Video- "To Beat The Band" a little while back. That was fun to revisit an '80s classic. I loved watching it as a kid- and I've seen it some here and there since my childhood but that was the first time I'd watched any Kidd Video in a while- still such a great, fun show. Very Happy

ressmi
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Kidd Video Series on Dvd? Reply with quote

richalb06 wrote:
I'm looking for the kidd Video series on Dvd if possible, can any1 help?

I've actually never heard of this one. Maybe it was before my time? What year was this one around?

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1984 originally. I remember watching Kidd Video all the time as a kid, but I was definitely seeing it in reruns in the late '80s...
Check out kvflipside.org for more on this great cartoon. Very Happy

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, welcome to the forums, ressmi! Very Happy Cool
Always glad to have another totally tubular '80s cartoon fan on board. Radical, man! Smile

killer3k
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long time so I figured it was time for an update on my progress. I completed version one of my kidd video box set and sent it to one person. Then, I found some better quality versions of about 5 episodes and some extra footage. So I've decided to make a new version of the set before I release it. It's taking forever because I've got a job, a family, and other activities that use up a lot of my time. But I keep working on it whenever I have the time. My episodes are the most complete ones available, and the sound quality is much better than that of those found on youtube or any other source that's currently available on the internet. When the new set is complete I will post again.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool- thanks for the update, killer3k. Smile Cool

SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have these 13 episodes. Originally recorded off of Television by my friend as a kid. Quality ranges from almost perfect to a few that are washed out/minor tracking problems...

The Master Zapper
Woofers and Tweeters
The Pink Sphinx
Cienega
Music Sports
Grooveyard City
The Stone
The Dream Machine
Double Trouble
No Place like Home
Whos in the Kitchen with Dinah?
Twilight Double Header
Narra Takes a Powder

And complete Music Videos:

Baby, Baby Music Video
Time Music Video

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow- that's cool and quite rare to find. I loved watching "Kidd Video" as a kid- still fun to watch now. Very Happy Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons for Sale/Trade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: