80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Oliver and Company (1988).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HerbertWest
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Oliver and Company (1988). Reply with quote

Who remembers this 1988 animated gem from disney? did any 80's children here saw this movie when it originally came out in 1988 in theaters? i sure as hell did when i was 6 back in thanksgiven of that year and loved it, i had some of the merchandise like the Mcdonald's finger puppets, the singing ornuments, pajamas, a readalong book with cassesette and a storybook.

I even saw it again after christmas and even my parents dug it especially Bill Joel's soundtrack, too bad it never came on video the following year which disappointed me but i never fogotten about it neither did my mom and dad. But luckily 8 years later in 1996 when i read an article on Disney Channel magazine and i was 13 i was excited that it was finally coming back to theaters, i saw the re-issue in theaters and enjoyed it as much as i did when i was 6 and it was ABOUT time it finally came on video after years of waiting.

I still enjoy this movie and watch it every thanksgiven as a tradition.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah- I've seen Oliver & Company- I'm thinking I may have seen it back in theaters in 1988- but I can't remember for sure exactly. But I do know I've seen it and it was a great classic Disney movie. It's also loosely based on "Oliver Twist" by Charles Dickens- I always liked seeing classic stories and books being adapted by Disney.
I used to have the book and tape set (may still have it somewhere) and used to listen to it all the time. I don't recall a Billy Joel song offhand- but I really love the song performed by Huey Lewis and the News- "Why Should I Worry?" Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
LepricahnsGold
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had book and tape sets of "TRON" and "The Fox and the Hound".

"Oh, those kids are after me Lucky Charms!" - Lucky
Zenoah
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it when it was re-released in the 90's.
I dont recall if I had much, I do belive I had the Oliver and Dodger musical ornimants and a Fransis finger puppet. i did have the soundtrack as well.

HerbertWest
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an amazing O&C fan forum as it has only 25 members and needs more, here you go:

Http://oliverandco.proboards.com/index.cgi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: