80sCartoons.net Forum Index

C.O.P.S. is coming to DVD!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: C.O.P.S. is coming to DVD!!!!!!! Reply with quote

YES!!! Just yesterday I picked up the 3 episode C.O.P.S. DVD that is currently available (along with the Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors DVD) and then today I find out that the C.O.P.S. series is getting a full series DVD release!!! Sweet! I loved this cartoon as a kid. (Well, I still like watching it now too, obviously! Very Happy )
Look for a 4 disc DVD set next year on February 28th.!!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4288

"It's crime fighting time!" Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Check out the awesome cover art for C.O.P.S. - The complete animated series on DVD!!!! It's up for pre-order now at Amazon.com for $34.98
with some really cool cover art! Wow! Can't wait to get this one!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BY9FU6/103-2202243-3871806?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance
Very Happy Cool

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! Finally, more episodes of C.O.P.S. are getting released to DVD!!! Roll call- Hit the information highway to order from your computer mainframe because a second volume of C.O.P.S. has finally hit the bullseye! The barricade has been removed and the longarm of the DVD producers Shout! Factory has finally extended some more DVDs down the hardtop shelves for this year. No mace in your face on this case and it's no mirage. Though Bowser is in this show, you won't see Mario and Luigi, but it is a full blitz of adventurous showdowns between cops and robbers. It's no mirage, though you may have to wait a sundown or two for it. But as far as this report goes, it's definitely legit- you can't take a shot at it; you can call it bulletproof. Wink Very Happy Cool

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/COPS-Volume-2/13187

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the cover art for Volume 2, to be released from Shout! on March 16. Woohoo! Very Happy Cool
http://www.amazon.com/C-O-P-S-Fighting-Crime-Future-Animated/dp/1603994068/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1286827562&sr=8-3

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's a ton of cool news in this interview with Mill Creek Entertainment (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Site-News-Interview-with-Mill-Creek-VP/14528)
but the coolest one of interest for '80s cartoons fans is that C.O.P.S. will finally be released in its entirety on DVD!!! Very Happy Cool
You can look for the entire series to get re-released (as you may recall Volumes 1 and 2 had been released previously, but that still left some episodes to go.) Mill Creek is looking to do a similar 2 volume deal that will incorporate all 65 episodes. "Volume 1" would have 33 episodes and be released March 2011 and then later in the year (possibly around May) "Volume 2" would be released with the remaining 32 episodes.
And the nice thing about Mill Creek is that they aim to make value-priced products so you can look to get these sets for about 10 bucks each!

Also- in that same article, it also says that Mill Creek has some best-of sets coming for the latter end of 2011 for some other '80s cartoons- some of which have yet to get any kind of DVD release- including "The Littles" (okay, that one's already available in a complete series DVD set), but there's also The Get-Along Gang and The New Archies!!!
(I'm particularly excited for The New Archies DVD set, being a huge fan of Archie comics- among others.)
And this one isn't an '80s cartoon but it's a cool '90s cartoon that's based on a 1980s educational computer game series- you can look for the complete series of "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" coming to DVD as well. (again, sometime in the latter half of 2011).
And Mill Creek also says they will have an announcement VERY soon on 2 big, big animated series from the mid-1980s! So be on the lookout for more 1980s cartoons coming! Hooray! Very Happy
And there's also some cool information about "Manufacture-on-Demand" disc options that Mill Creek is considering. It's definitely worth checking out for DVD fans in general.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the link for the cover art of Cookie Jar/Mill Creek's release of C.O.P.S. Volume 1 and the Best Of sets on DVD!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/COPS-Volume-1-and-The-Best-Of/14869
Very Happy

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! At long last, C.O.P.S. is set to be completed on DVD with Mill Creek's Volume 2 set, tentatively scheduled for September 13, 2011. The remaining 33 episodes will be on this set.
Great to see this '80s classic finally getting fully released to DVD. Very Happy Cool
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/COPS-Volume-2/15618
So yes- come this September (hopefully)- it's crime fighting time!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Here's some more confirmation on that Volume 2 set for "C.O.P.S."- along with the cover art for the DVD!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/COPS-Volume-2/15704
Very Happy
It's great to finally see this awesome '80s cartoon get fully released to DVD! Cool

MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this show, I've never seen it before?

Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MQuack wrote:
How is this show, I've never seen it before?

Not bad, and pretty well done. I was probably a bigger fan of the toy line, but some of the character animation reminds a smidgen of Aeon Flux. I have the Shout Vol 1 set and like it quite a bit.

It gets a 7 thumbs up out of 10 stars Twisted Evil

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Woohoo! Finally, more episodes of C.O.P.S. are getting released to DVD!!! Roll call- Hit the information highway to order from your computer mainframe because a second volume of C.O.P.S. has finally hit the bullseye! The barricade has been removed and the longarm of the DVD producers Shout! Factory has finally extended some more DVDs down the hardtop shelves for this year. No mace in your face on this case and it's no mirage. Though Bowser is in this show, you won't see Mario and Luigi, but it is a full blitz of adventurous showdowns between cops and robbers. It's no mirage, though you may have to wait a sundown or two for it. But as far as this report goes, it's definitely legit- you can't take a shot at it; you can call it bulletproof.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/COPS-Volume-2/13187

As this post should attest for fans of the show- I think it's way cool! It's a fun cops and robbers series, but all the cops have their own special qualities- as do most of the criminals. It's kinda like a smaller scale version of G.I. Joe in some ways. Great cartoon well worth watching. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: