80sCartoons.net Forum Index

News, Releases, and Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus Prime said it well. The bottom line for companies is money. If they don't seem DVD releases profitable, they won't do them. It's as simple as that. And the other factor is that lobbying for DVD releases of old cartoons is not the primary purpose of Amazon, IMDB, EBay or this site. This site is mainly created as a place to enjoy reminiscing about 1980s cartoons and archive information about them. Certainly that includes posting news about DVD releases for '80s cartoons as they happen. Members are certainly welcomed and encouraged to participate in and initiate lobbying efforts if they so desire. Certainly members are welcome to post links to them here in the appropriate forums and other members will probably be happy to support them. If you want to see this website itself sponsor something, that is a question best directed directly to Aurora, the Web Mistress, in a private message, as it would be her call ultimately. Or you can post in the Site Suggestion forum as well.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Taking Action Reply with quote

This is my view in regard to what both of you, MacGyver and Optimus Prime posted and reply to what I wrote.

It is true that this website is, as I wrote before, pretty passive as far as trying to change things in the domain of old cartoons.

But, just talking about things that one likes without trying to make it better when itís possible, is not enough.

Regarding the release of old cartoons only when itís profitable, I know, that this is not the only factor that is considered when companies have to make a decision. Proof of that, is the fact that there are old renewed series that are very profitable, while other old series that were supposed to bring in a big profit, didnít. My point is, that as much as companies try to project how well a series will do, many times they miss.

Therefore, to know in advance what will work or not, is unpredictable.

I think that making noise, and gathering pressure on those companies might work, even if partially, because they donít like bad PR.

I donít think that doing nothing is better than trying to do something, and I hope that we will do something.
Very Happy

Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for trying, but, if there isn't money in it, then it'll not happen.

I want to see a few series released, the rest of Mister T for one, also Hulk Hogan's Rock 'N' Wrestling also, but it costs to get the rights for starters and then to produce the DVD.

The only way forward, at the moment at least, is a manufacture on demand release, Centurions in case. But, there is the rights issue again, and in turn, money to change hands to get those rights.

Back to trying to get some releases on the cards. Look into Midnight Caller, and its non release. I remember the show well from my youth, and a petition was created to get the show released, that was several years ago, and yet still nothing.

By all means contact the studios and test the waters for releases, but I've tried with a couple myself and got nowhere, just a response that they'll take it under advisement.
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know of a particular campaign going or want to start one, feel free to post a thread for it in the appropriate forum. But don't be disappointed if there isn't as much interest as you'd like, either from the forums here or the studios. All you can do is try though.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
riya123
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: riya Reply with quote

https://www.avriq.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: