80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Missing alien robot show

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geek girl
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Missing alien robot show Reply with quote

I am looking for a show and could use your help. Details are as follows:

I saw sometime between 1988 and 1989, most likely on the Fox affiliate out of Raleigh, NC.

It was animated in a style a step up from G.I. Joe and Transformers, and more like Japanese animation (a lot like the Transformers animated movie, actually.)

It centered around a college student named Lucky who built a talking motorcycle. When the motorcycle talked, the headlight would light up.

Lucky is a genius and on his way home from school, he sees that his parents’ lab has exploded and they’re dead.

Meanwhile, robot aliens (I believe they were copper colored and their leader was purple, perhaps all of the robots were purple) are heading to Earth to steal our gold supply (which I believe was a source of fuel for them.)

The governments of the world (or maybe the U.N.? I’m not sure.) catch wind of this and somehow Lucky is recruited to build vehicles to stop the invading robots. They’re built using the same technology as his motorcycle, so their headlights light up when they talk.

The alien robots crash into a women’s prison and take along an Amazon of a woman to help them.

The alien robots make their way to Fort Knox where all the gold is.
Lucky and company defeat them.

Thanks for your help!

Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have such thorough memories, I will put on my thinking beanie and attempt to help out. Report to follow...

LepricahnsGold
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayor West wrote:
Since you have such thorough memories, I will put on my thinking beanie and attempt to help out. Report to follow...
I would help, as well, but my thinking beanie malfunctioned.

"Oh, those kids are after me Lucky Charms!" - Lucky
geek girl
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are awesome! Thanks for so much for any and all help! Very Happy

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was once asked about on BCDB several; years ago
sadly even after 5-6 years it was never answered.
was that question yours ?

Reflection
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: This has been racking my brain! Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread, but I have been searching for the title of this as well. I remember a few extra details.

The boy (main character) had parents who were working on a micro fusion reactor but one of their experiments failed and they died in the explosion. The boy picked up their research and used gold to contain the reaction and the reactors were put into small cylinders and installed into vehicles used by the resistance who was fighting back against the aliens. They used Mount Rushmore as their base

The aliens attacked and knocked out all power on earth, the only things that would work were the gold contained,reactors. The aliens were after the gold on earth and there was a final battle at fort knox as the o.p. stated

Would love to find this one...

adamcasey
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: This has been racking my brain! Reply with quote

Reflection wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I have been searching for the title of this as well. I remember a few extra details.

The boy (main character) had parents who were working on a micro fusion reactor but one of their experiments failed and they died in the explosion. The boy picked up their research and used gold to contain the reaction and the reactors were put into small cylinders and installed into vehicles used by the resistance who was fighting back against the aliens. They used Mount Rushmore as their base

The aliens attacked and knocked out all power on earth, the only things that would work were the gold contained,reactors. The aliens were after the gold on earth and there was a final battle at fort knox as the o.p. stated

Would love to find this one...

A friend of mine was the OP on this thread, but doing my annual search for information about this anime/cartoon (which usually just yields my own various posts) alerted me to this!

I had forgotten about the gold being used for the reactors! Thank you for adding to my knowledge about this!

Chthonic
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this movie also.

The Aliens needed the gold to convert to an energy source.

I've been looking for this Movie for many years and can't find it.

I'm hoping someone can at least remember the title.

The best way I can think of is to obtain an old copy of the channel guide from that time frame it may be on microfiche at the library and maybe we can find the name

Knepp
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember it but it sounds interesting. If someone finds it online please post a link.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: