80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Any ideas on this cel?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s2rt
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Any ideas on this cel? Reply with quote

Hi I just got this animation cel but have no real idea who it is or where it's from (it was cheap though!). I'm assuming it's 80's but there's no clues or indication anywhere.

It looks a "bit" like it's from GI Joe but I think it's too detailed and the lines seem a bit less "chunky" than that normally looks, plus I can't match him up directly with a character.

If anyone recognizes him or has any ideas it'd be hugely appreciated, thanks!

[/img]

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm- the haircut and neat facial hair and green outfit (which looks like it may be a uniform) and even telephone he's using sure makes me think he's most likely a military man. Plus, the background looks like it's a jungle or something, so he may be in a war setting. G.I. Joe seems like a good guess- that's what I thought first off the bat. The style may not be from the Sunbow series; I'm thinking it's possible this could be from the later run of the cartoon from DIC.
It looks pretty cool regardless- maybe someone else on here will have a better idea what it is. Smile Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
s2rt
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking a look!

It could be from the DIC series as there's more DIC stuff in general around.

From the Sunbow series, he looks "a bit" like a cross between Recondo and Leatherneck but he's not exactly either of them and from what I can tell, neither of them featured in the DIC series.

The guy I bought it from said that when he bought it he was told it was from a show called "The Incredibles" but as far as I can tell that doesn't seem to exist (not helped by Google flooding search results with the Pixar film!) so that hasn't helped (unless anyone here has heard of that one?)

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true- I can see the Recondo and Leatherneck comparsions. Smile (I love G.I. Joe) Cool

I can't say that I've heard of The Incredibles outside of the Pixar movie. Perhaps this series was only well known in its country of origin?
Or it could be for a series that was planned but never took off and thus never had any episodes aired.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judging by the line and shading style, and the eyes are a dead giveaway for me- its definitely from a Japanese anime. Which anime is going to most likely be a daunting task to figure out. Could be a main character or someone that appeared for a second in one episode, you never know.

Mayor West
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the movies and series of Golgo 13. He seems familiar to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: