80sCartoons.net Forum Index

80s themed parties

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invaders
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: 80s themed parties Reply with quote

Have you ever been to one?

I've been to one only but it was quite fun at a club. I highly recommend finding one if you've never been to one or maybe even host one yourself if you got a large enough social circle.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to one, but going around with a gray hair wig and cane wasn't as exciting as I'd thought it'd be..... Wink (j/k)
Oh, maybe you meant a 1980s-themed party. Laughing

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously though, I have been to a 1980s themed dance before and that was fun. I dressed as 1980s as I could with something similar to what I wore as a kid at that time- I mainly just had my ThunderCats T-shirt on (with the classic Eye of Thundera logo) and blue jeans.
(like this- )

And it was fun listening to some great 1980s songs of course.
If you're going to do such a party, I think it's particularly fun to break out some of the classic dance moves of the time too- which means you gotta do "Thriller" by Michael Jackson- it's almost to the point of being cliche for the '80s- but still, it's a classic. (Jennifer Garner's "13 Going on 30" movie was on the other day and that movie has a funny scene with this song- I think movies like that helped it become even more known now.)
You could also do some 1980s trivia questions (just pick up a copy of "Trivial Pursuit"- it seems you can pretty readily find this 1980s board game at most thrift stores- I know I've seen it numerous times at Goodwill at least...)
And a costume contest is a must. (Although I do feel that usually those result in stereotypical trends of the 1980s- I always like to remind people that not everyone dressed in the '80s stereotypes people tend to think of all the time- lol. Laughing)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: