80sCartoons.net Forum Index

New He-man?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: news 2/22/13 Reply with quote

Swift Wind is sold out and Mattel has confirmed he is gone for good.

On that I'll remind you again the current batch of Skeletor figures in stock is the last of them and once they sell out he too will be gone for good.

finally, if anyone cares, I managed to work a new deal for Jitsu and my Ram Man trade is good. I should have both within the next week or so and will do reviews when they arrive. (I'm currently trying to renegotiate a trade for Fang Man and may have secured Strobo too)

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: news: 3/7/13 Reply with quote

A reminder that the March figures are pretty much Subscription only, Fang Man will not be available day of sale.

The plastic clamshell protectors for MOC collectors will be available in March

The April sale is announced and it's a swarm of creepy crawlers. The monthly figure is Snake Face and the Early access "reissues" are the Snake Men 2-pack, Webstor and Mosquitor.

TheWrathPrince
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the best He-man model.

Last edited by TheWrathPrince on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's not He-Man that's King Grayskull

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: news 3/15/13 Reply with quote

It seems the last batch of Skeletor figures have sold out thus he's gone for good.

The "reissue" of Mekaneck sold out during early access.

Likewise, the allotment of Strobo set aside for March early access sold out very quickly. Remember though this is the traveling con figure He will still be available at New Yourk Comic Con, Power-Con (in LA), and Grayskull-con (in Germany) so you can pick him up at one of these if you're going (or arrange for someone who is going to get it for you) Toyguru also said there may be a small amount offered on the site near the end of the year (Like Black Friday or such) but I wouldn't count on getting him then. (I already got mine secured though a trade with someone who got him in early access)

While the rest of the Filmation line won't be revealed until SDCC, we did get a sneak peak at a weapon for one of the upcoming figures. It's a sword and looks very much like a pirate cutlass leading many to believe the figure in question will be the much fan demanded Sea Hawk. The bad news is Mattel has stated the figure who comes with this sword will not be available on day of sale. (So if it is Sea Hawk this is a REALLY STUPID move on Mattel's part. Didn't they learn their lesson after Shadow Weaver?)

It should be noted though Toyguru said one of the yet to be revealed figures from the main 2013 line is a Filmation character. (and if you've been keeping track there's only 2 unrevealed figures remaining -not counting the last quarterly item which we've been told is an army builder pack)

It's also been confirmed that the votes are tallied and both He-Man and Skeletor will be on the Castle Grayskull box art. The rest of the voted in characters will be revealed when the art is shown at SDCC.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the April sale Webstor already sold out in early access.

The big news though is that starting on the 15th Mattel is actually REOPENING SUBSCRIPTION SALES. So if you missed out the first time this is your chance to get back in and be assured of getting everyone for the year.

That is to say everyone going forward. Mattel is calling this the "Club Lite" subscriptions. You won't get any of the already released figures from this year, and that includes the subscription exclusive King He-Man. The lite subs will begin with May's figures and cover everyone from there forward.

The subs will be on sale through April 30th but will be in limited numbers available and can possibly "sell out". Wait, what? Yes it seems that instead of upping production numbers for going forward figures they are simply dipping into the day of sales stocks for the figures to provide for new subscribers. This means a further reduction in numbers available on day of sale and a probable increase in the number of figures who will have no day of sale available!

I should probably mention at this point that there are rumors circulating that the 2014 line will be entirely subscription only. No one knows for sure yet but it does feel like Mattel is really trying to push customers to subscriptions and do away with day of sale. (If they'd do away with Digital River instead they'd be better off)

To be clear though it's not just Club Eternia. All subscriptions for all lines are going back up so you can't really use this as a measure of MOTUC success but rather Mattel's business plan in general.

Again that's all subs so that includes the Filmation mini-sub which hasn't started yet so if you sign up you'll get all the figures from that one.

You will get early access with the lite subs but again they kick in when the sub does. So if you get just the Filmation sub early access still doesn't kick in until July.

Though that will be in time for the SDCC exclusives which will be revealed sometime within the next couple weeks. No definitive info yet although there are strong rumors of a Rockon/Stonedar 2-pack.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: news 4/29/13 -May sale & SDCC reveal Reply with quote

Okay first the May sale news:

The early access/sell off stock figures are Evil-Lyn and Slush Head

Also all orders made on sale day (May 15) that contain a May release item (so it won't work if you only order evergreen items) will receive $4 off the cost of shipping. This also applies to May subscription items.

The SDCC item is a 2-pack of Rockon and Stonedar. Their bodies are made out of existing bucks with the rock parts designed as snap on armor. They are made in a way that they can be bent forward a bit then each includes an extra piece to snap on the front completing the transformation to rock form.

EDIT: apparently that extra armor raises the price point to deluxe figure status. The 2-pack will cost $60

There will be a second MOTU item though not Classics. Remember those mini-masters they showed a while back and kept "looking for a way to release"? Well they're finally putting out the first two. The pack contains He-Man and Skeletor in a diorama box that folds out into a Castle Grayskull. The set will cost $20

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattel did something strange today. They released a never announced figure, for a brief time, secretly.

For a while visitors who were on Mattycollector.com would have seen the picture link for the MOTUC replaced by a Horde emblem. Clicking this led to a "secret" page where you could order this figure before he "slipped away and hid again"

The figure in question is a "Spirit of Hordak" figure. It is Hordak -as in 100% the same tool/buck as the regular Hordak figure. But it is done in translucent red plastic. He does have a different bio which explains this is Hordak's spirit which contacted Keldor from Despondos, leading him down the path that eventually turned him into Skeletor. The artwork on the bio is from the "Origin of Skeletor" mini-comic that came with the sub exclusive King He-Man.

The other thing is this is the figure that comes with that fan-demanded white version of Hordak's crossbow that was shown a while back. A lot of fans are not too pleased with this approach to how it was released. No warning, no attention grabber. Just someone found it by chance and spread the word online leaving only a few lucky people who happened to get the message in time the opportunity to get him.

(In case you're wondering no, I was on campus taking my finals at the time)

He's gone now. At first the link led to a page that said, "You're too late. He's gone back into hiding." now there's nothing. Apparently he, or maybe some similar product, could pop up on the site again at any time.

Even though it's just a repaint, and I personally don't feel the need to have one in my collection, I'm not very thrilled with how Mattel handled this. Hopefully this figure will receive a normal release at some point even if it's just to get rid of the last few remaining stock at the end of the year. Also if any other figure like this comes up it had better stay simple repaint variants and not ever be a fan demanded thing. (some fans have nervously suggested Mattel may release Loo-Kee this way as a joke)

Edit: well showing just how crazy rabid fans can get someone posted on Mattel's forums an angry rant stating that they were going to report them to the BBB over this! The argument went that subscribers were promised Early Access to ALL figures from ALL lines and by not informing customers and offering the figure through Early Access Mattel was essentially in violation of contract with customers.

Toyguru later came out and stated that this figure will be offered through Early Access at some point later in the year but also warned that supplies were very limited so he encouraged fans to be on the lookout for him to pop up secretly again and not wait.

It seems the Spirit of Hordak figure will be offered through Early Access for May. Also the Evil-Lyn figure will not be, instead they will be offering Stinkor.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the May stuff is gone. Stinkor sold out in early Access Karatti is marked Almost Gone and the Fighting Foe Men have sold out despite the high price tag and less than stellar fan community reaction to them.

This has led to several conspiracy claims that Mattel faked the sell out and simply pulled the product to make it seem more popular but they knew it wouldn't sell. Thus they will pop up in Black Friday sales and the like. What people seem to forget is the same accusations were made about the Star Sisters (really someone says this about nearly every sell out) and that pack has never resurfaced.

A far more likely scenario is that there was simply a lower production number run on this set because Mattel knew up front that they would not be in as high demand. That low DOS number was likely reduced further by the re-opened sub sales.

Anyway moving on to June, the monthly figure is Octavia and for Early Access her fellow Hordesman Leech will be up as will Man-At-Arms (there's a old one)

Mattel will also be offering new flight stands

Quote:
Like the originals, they’re clear and will work with most 6” scale figures. Unlike the originals, they now feature an extending base (yessss!), plus three C-grips and multiple points of articulation so you can really send your collection soaring!

A finally some more info on the Spirit of Hordak figure. It sold out almost instantly in Early Access this time but will be continuing to pop up unannounced from time to time all year and there will be another Early Access sale availability near the end of the year.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 subscriptions are going on sale early and will be open for two months instead of the usual one.

Normally Mattel opens the subscription sales right after SDCC and the reveal panel then keeps it open for a month. This year instead the subs will open for sale on June 17 and stay open until August 18.

The catch is they won't be telling you any of the figures in the lineup until after SDCC. If you sign up for the sub early, you will be making a dedication to the line and a leap of faith. The reason they don't wait until the reveals and keep in open two months after that is they have to have the numbers locked in by August 19 so they can go into production to be ready for January.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems the Wind Raider is all gone. Yesterday the site suddenly said "no longer available" on the sales page (instead of the usual sold out) and today the Wind Raider's page is gone.

more news on the 2014 subscription: It will be pretty much like the 2013 one in that there will be 12 monthly figures and 4 quarterly items. The prices of the quarterly items hasn't been revealed yet.

In addition the subscription will include a "holiday" item that will cost $35. Note that "holiday item" does not mean holiday related. (so don't go expecting He-Man in a Santa hat) it simply means an extra item released around the holiday season. Toyguru mentioned the Wind Raider and Granamyr as examples of past holiday items. For 2014 it will be included with the subscription for a change.

Apparently the reason it will be included is it will be a vintage figure who they predict most subscribers will want. (Strange wording as most subscribers want EVERYTHING)

Who is it? Will we know at SDCC? We don't know. A price point of $35 plus "vintage figure" indicates someone who'll need extra tooling/ have extra parts. Many fans are thinking Modulok. We'll have to wait and see.

On the down side there's a rumor that Horde Troopers were going to be the last quarterly item for this year but are being bumped to first quarter 2014 to help boost subscription sales. If true this is a dirty move as the fact we were promised "an army builder pack fans have been demanding for years" in order to boost the low 2013 sub sales! Such a move would be sure to backfire by pissing off fans who subscribed and feel (rather correctly) they were lied to.

(One way or another I fully expect to see Horde Troopers at SDCC)

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirit of Hordak figure is up right now if you want him

go to Mattycollector.com

click on Shop

you'll see a line of logos for the variosu lines. In place of the normal MOTU logo you'll see a Horde emblem.

Click on that and you'll be taken to the order page.

Don't expect him to be around long.

EDIT: He's "gone back into hiding"

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyguru has confirmed that the Wind Raider is all gone... and also that since it took so long to sell out we will most likely not see any more vehicles in the line. There's a bit of a push to try for a "pre-order or bust" deal like they did with Castle Grayskull (particularly since the Horsemen already have a Battle Ram sculpted from a few years ago) but Scott says the upper management is unlikely to be convinced.

He-Man briefly was marked sold out but he's up and available again so it apparently was just another case of needing to ship more stock from the warehouse. No word on it running out like Skeletor did yet.

There seems to have been a change to the Early Access for June. We were told it would be Leech but instead it's Spikor.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay 2014 subscriptions are on sale now and will be available through August 19. The idea is to fulfill the fan request to have the sign up period longer. Of course fans were technically asking for more time after SDCC but Mattel can't do that as they need those numbers in by mid August so they can have the January figures ready to go on time. (at least that's what they say) So you can sign up now- but you won't know any of the figures you are getting until SDCC in July.

Price points have been revealed though the sub costs $501 plus shipping/taxes total for the year. Sounds like a lot but remember that's for the entire year's subscription/everything. It breaks down as such:

12 monthly figures @ $25 each
4 quarterly items @ $25, $38, $38, $40
1 "year end" item @ $35
Membership fee/Club exclusive figure @ $25

Remember the subscription does NOT include:

Convention figures (SDCC, Traveling...)
reissues of past releases
figure stands
weapons packs
any other "extras" they spring on us

It DOES however give you Early Access privileges where you can purchase these items before they go on sale to the public (usually a day or two before) Note however that you cannot purchase items that are in the sub through Early Access. So if you want an extra of one month's figure you'll have to try for it on sale day.

Assuming it's available. Like Fang Man this year some figures might potentially have no Day of Sale quota. Also if they do they will be higher priced and even subscribers must pay full price if purchased on day of sale.

This year they have also added the option of getting you items shipped out either monthly as normal or in Quarterly shipments where you only have to wait but get all the quarter's items (4 monthly figures 1 quarterly item) shipped together. This option could potentially cut down on shipping costs as bundled packs can ship for less, but remember you would then have to pay for it all at once so choose the option that works best for your budget. Make sure you select the right option when ordering. I advise against the quarterly option for international fans as this would likely result in an increase in customs fees.

So that's it. If you know you're going to sign up you can do it now. The first few figures including the sub exclusive will be shown at SDCC and apparently there will be a reveal at Grayskull-Con (though that's August 30 so it's after subs close)

Once more I will remind you that the roadmap has been revitalized so as to get out the heavy hitters and most fan demanded figures in the next tow years (basically "wrapping up" the line) So it would REALLY suck to see things end now before we can get them (and we know we're getting them instead of not knowing if/when) But this depends on the sub sales numbers going though. Let's not see a repeat of last year's scare or worse.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: July sale announced: Reply with quote

For the July sale it seems Clamp Champ will not be offered on Day of Sale. Like Fang Man he will be only sent to subscribers.

the quarterly variant Glacatic Protector He-Man will be available

The First Filmation club figure will be available and it's Icer

The Early Access figures are: Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Eternos Palace King Randor, and of all things Granamyr

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDCC has started. The official panel reveal is on Friday but we've already been getting some reveals in Mattel's display booth.

NEPTHU -The rumors are true though we still don't know if he's in the main sub or Club Filmation. Earlier today the figure popped up on E-bay from a seller in Hong Kong. Apparently since the cat's out of the bag anyway Mattel placed a packaged figure in the display case confirming it's legit.

SKY-HIGH with JET SLED- Again no word on where in the lineup this falls but it's basically a second vehicle that comes with a driver. You may recall a few years ago the Horsemen made up a MOTUC Battle Ram vehicle prototype but Mattel never went forward with it. Well we're not getting the full Battle Ram just the front Sky Sled section and it comes with the mysterious Wind Raider pilot seen on vintage poster art.

"End of Wars" Weapons Pack with KOWL: Weapons pack #4 is coming and it includes the cut items of Rattlor's 200X armor and Strobo's gun plus the usual array of repainted weapons, but it's also including Kowl.

LOO-KEE -(presumably) Well Mattel's got a new Loo-Kee figure in the display booth and a contest going on for SDCC attendees. Loo-Kee will be hidden in a different spot each day and the contest is to find him and take a picture each day then use those to enter to win a free 2014 subscription.

They also have the Geldor figure from last year's vote on display.

I'll give the full reveals and lineup once it's announced, and remind you that subs are already on sale so please support the line if you can.

EDIT: Sea Hawk showed up in the display case today!

Some more info on the Sky-High/jet sled pack apparently it will be out this year as the holiday item. (I think no one was expecting another one this year due to Castle Grayskull) So it's outside the sub.

Apparently this will be the last Weapons Pack.

Now I was hesitant to reveal this but there was a rumored list leaked it seems partly confirmed and partly dis-proven so we'll have to see. The rumored upcoming figures are:

Lord Dactus
Horde Troopers
Strong Arm
Nepthu -Confirmed
Sea Hawk -Confirmed
Plundor
Glimmer
Two Bad
Hydron
Modulok
Kowl/Loo-Kee 2-pack -apparently dis-proven since Kowl's coming in a weapons pack, but then they showed a Loo-Kee figure so that raises questions.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay let's break down the reveals. Please Please let 2014 go through the opening lineup is too good not to get!

First the rest of 2013:

AUGUST:

MONTHLY FIGURE: CASTASPELLA

Gorgeous face sculpt! Comes with shield, clip on "hypnotizing" disk and energy blast effect

CLUB FILMATION: SHOKOTI

From the episode "House of Shokoti" comes with Darkling pack in creature

SEPTEMBER:

CLUB FILMATION: BATROS

From the episode "The Great Books Mystery". Comes with spiked club -same mold as Spikor's repainted.

BONUS ITEM: SKY-HIGH with JET SLED

One of the character posters in the 80's showed the Wind Raider in the air being flown by a mysterious pilot who was never named or appeared in any other media. Sky-High is the name Mattel has given this character and he is coming packed with the "Jet Sled" which is actually supposed to be called the Sky Sled (the Jet Sled was another design) aka the front part of the Battle Ram as seen in many episodes of the cartoon and other media. We won't be getting the full Battle Ram, but we at least get this mini-vehicle. It is designed so it could attach to the back end of the Battle Ram if they make it down the road but don't expect it within the next two years. Also there is a hole in the bottom so it can plug onto the fight stand that came with the Wind Raider.

OCTOBER: This is going to be one of the most expensive months ever!

SLIPPED MONTHLY FIGURE: MANTENNA

Technically he's the September monthly figure in the lineup but won't be sold and shipped until October. Is designed in the full four legged look. Comes with Horde crossbow and two sets of interchangeable eyes, one normal one popped out.

MONTHLY FIGURE: LORD DACTUS

From the 200X cartoon series. A frightening looking humanoid bat creature but actually a good guy. Comes with Speleean sword as seen in the cartoon.

CLUB FILMATION: NEPTHU

From the episode "Temple of the Sun". Egyptian looking wizard. Comes with "Scarab of Power" amulet from the episode and "crystal" falcon. In the episode he captured Zoar to be a symbol of his power (not knowing it was Sorceress) when she tried to escape he turned her to crystal. (she got better of course)

QUARTERLY ITEM: HORDE TROOPERS army builder 2-Pack

FINALLY!!!!!!! Comes with two troopers, one normal one battle damaged. Howeverthe only battle damage is a few small scuff/blast marks on one of the troopers. For weapons they include the staff like the vintage figure, the energy rod like in the cartoon, a new designed Horde Crossbow, and a shield shaped like the Horde emblem. Hole Mattel's making a lot of these because they are going to be in high demand.

BONUS ITEM: "END OF WARS" WEAPONS PACK

According to Mattel this will, sadly, be the last weapons pack. Comes with He-man's weapons in green for some reason, The Palace Guard weapons in gold like on Granamyr's box art, Sir Laser Lot's weapons done in gray as though they are metal instead of laser, Hurricane Hordak's weapons in black for Trap Jaw, Trap Jaw's weapons is gray for Roboto, Bubble Power She-Ra's sword in blue for Netossa, Rattlor's 200X style armor, Strobo's gun, and most importantly KOWL in his vintage toy colors.

expensive enough for you? Check out....

NOVEMBER:

MONTHLY FIGURE: GELDOR

Winner of the fan choice slot. From the mini-comic "The Secret Liquid of Life". Comes with large battle axe and container of the "liquid of life". Subscribers will also be getting another sticker sheet with the figure.

CLUB FILMATION: SEA HAWK

one of the most fan demanded Filmation characters. Heroic pirate appeared in several episodes of She-Ra cartoon and was firmly established as Adora's love interest. Comes with "photon cutlass" sword and falcon shaped energy shield as seen in the episode "Anchor's Aloft". Great figure and wonderful to finally have him... sadly he will not be available for day of sale! It's the Shadow Weaver thing all over again!

BONUS ITEM: TIERED STANDS

A new set of stands for the figures. This set is designed in a tiered form so that it can raise the figures up a bit. So those guys on the back of the shelf can be seen better.

BONUS CON ITEM: STANDOR

Remember that weird headdress we didn't know who it was for (and somehow was led to believe it would be in the weapons pack)? Well this is who it's for. So who is Standor? Are you ready for this? It's Stan Lee as a MOTU character. Yes in conjunction with Stan Lee's Comickaze convention this special figure was made up. The head sculpt is a likeness of Stan Lee complete with removable glasses. (The headdress is also removable) His armor is all black with star like sparkles on it. His skin tone is a blueish gray so I'm not sure what species he's supposed to be in the continuity. This is a special figure made outside the normal lineup. It will be sold at Comickazi first then also offered on Mattycollector.

And then there's the thing that really pushes November over the price edge:

EPIC CREATION: CASTLE GRAYSKULL

If you preordered it this is when it will ship and you will be billed. There will also be a limited stock available on Day of Sale but at a higher price point of $300. The beautiful box art was revealed showing the 10 fan selected characters. (He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Evil-Lyn, Beast Man, Man-At-Arms, Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, Battle Cat and Sorceress) They've improved the sculpt a bit since Toy Fair. The jawbridge is now lower making the entrance-way bigger while the floor with the plug for the Wind Raider is now more raised and detailed and not just a flat piece of plastic. The throne triggers the trap door just like the vintage one. Will I be getting one? Not sure. If my new job holds steady (knock on wood) I might be able to save up and get one, but with all the other stuff it's still up in the air.

DECEMBER:

MONTHLY FIGURE: PLUNDOR

From the episode "Quest For He-Man". An evil purple humanoid rabbit. Yeah kinda goofy, but that was part of the point. You wouldn't think he's as nasty as he is. Comes with laser rifle and a more accurate Filmation battle axe that Skeletor had in some Filmation episodes.

CLUB FILMATION: STRONG ARM

From the episode "She Demon of Phantos". Like Fang Man, a one shot servant of Skeletor who was treated as though he's been around for a while and wasn't given major focus. He's a cybernetic looking guy and as his name suggests his right arm is oversized and metallic. (so sort of an evil Fisto but it's his whole arm). He comes with a large laser gun weapon. Apparently though there was some kind of trouble with the name trademark and he'll be released under the name Strong-Or.

Okay finally moving on to 2014 and you'll see why it must make it!

JANUARY:

MONTHLY FIGURE: TWO BAD

Superb sculpt finally bringing this guy to the line. Comes with classic shield and 200X style two-headed mace.

FEBRUARY:

MONTHLY FIGURE: GLIMMER

Long overdue she finally arrives in all her beauty. Based on the Filmation look she does however come with a staff based on her vintage toy. She also includes a small semi-translucent ball that sits in her open left hand. I assume this is meant to be a ball of light she generated. (The prototype has it glued to her hand, but the final version will be loose)

MARCH:

MONTHLY FIGURE: HYDRON

The next character from the New Adventures series, Hydron is one of the main characters and top Galactic Guardians. Comes with his scuba gear backpack and helmet and his trident/spear gun weapon. Lots of new tooling on him.

QUARTERLY ITEM: MODULOK

Like the vintage figure he comes with many various body parts and is designed so he can be fit together in thousands of various ways. Comes with all his body parts and gun. He will be the $40 quarterly item. (the remaining quarterly slots are 2 at $38 and one at $25)

SUBSCRIPTION EXCLUSIVE: THE UNNAMED ONE

Yes the guy we've heard mentioned but never seen will be getting a figure and we will finally see what he (or she) looks like.... when the figure comes out. Yep Mattel chose to reveal the identity of the subscription figure, but showed us only a big question mark and are keeping the appearance under wraps for now. The even, apparently, have the figure sitting in the display booth, but covered with a sheet so you can't see it! Arguably this is not a smart move when it's so vital to push subscription sales through. Since we don't see the figure we also don't see the accessories, though Toyguru said it will have a couple accessories including alternate heads and the figure apparently has a lot of new tooling as well. It will be coming with a map as usual, this one a space map of the Horde Empire. It will also include a Mini-comic the cover of which shows Laser Light He-Man and Laser Power Skeletor locked in battle with the wording saying this is the tale of their final battle! (you get the idea Mattel is really trying to end the line?)

TRAVELING CONVENTION FIGURE: GOAT MAN

A character seen only in a rarer Goldenbook although there was concept art for a goat man called Basher and there was another goat man character in the first episode of New Adventures depicted as one of Skeletor's minions on Eternia. The figure is based on the Goldenbook appearance (and really looks more devil than goat like) He comes with a large war hammer and the mini-comic Emerald Staff of Avion which will have a handle notch on it so Stratos can hold it with his open hand.

Finally right before the Q&A they did the old flash a sneak peek picture of another upcoming figure for three seconds trick and it was of SCORPIA! (or at least her tail)

Sadly it seems Loo-Kee was just sculpted for the SDCC contest and is not tooled or slated for release soon. (Not cool Mattel, not cool!) Though for all we know he is slated for a later 2014 release and they just don't want to officially confirm it as a reveal yet.

The fan vote this year was for an upcoming slot picking between Filmation characters of Huntara or Lord Masque. Huntara won so she's getting made within the next two years. She may not be in 2014 though it may actually be 2015 before she comes out. (also Lord Masque could come later but for now that's all)

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little extra news and rumors.

In typical fashion Mattel slipped a sneak peek weapon into the display case on the last day. In this case it's a sword. Didn't look like any from previous figures but turns out it's a movie accurate sculpt of one of the swords used by BLADE so looks like we're getting out first figure from the live action movie.

There's been a few hints/rumors dropped that Madame Razz will show up in 2014 at some point.

and finally, I hate to get hopes up but, there's been some rumored talk that there may be another mini-sub next year like last year's 30th Anniversary and this year's Club Filmation. The main rumor is it will be Club Etheria. in other words a She-Ra/POP add on. Much as it may hurt the wallet, I hopr this happens so we can catch up and get all those female rebels we've been missing out on.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happening again.

Sub sales are down and we once again are in a binding push to get them through or the line may be over. The only partly good thing is Scott basically said the figures who were shown at SDCC are tooled so if the sub fails those 4 would likely get released and that would be it. But don't let it go with that! We're supposed to be getting Scorpia! We should be getting Blade! We still haven't seen Madame Razz, Dragstor, Dree Elle, Tung Lashor, Saroud, Kittrina, Extendar, Mermista.... I could go on and on. Please help if you can. I've started a new job and will be subbing up myself so don't go thinking I'm asking you to do something I won't. We still have about three weeks so hopefully it'll jump up like last year. Really if we can get one more full year out of this line then let it scale back to a couple figures a year I think we'll be golden. I just can't stand the thought of the line getting the plug pulled completely when there's so many must haves yet to be made.

In other news the SDCC items (e.g. Rokkon/Stonedar) will be up for sale on the site on Aug. 5 Early Access will be on Aug. 2. The regular monthly sale is on the 15th and the early access "reissues" are Rattlor and Man-E-Faces.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, come on....

We've only got about 10 days left to sub up and as of the last update we're about halfway there. Now, this is about the % we were at this time last year, so hopefully those last minute big orders will push us to the top again, but we can't sit back and rely on that! Spread the word, and remember DON'T base a your decision to sub or not on this year's figures or any previous year. I'll admit the 2013 lineup was a bit lackluster in comparison (particularly after the stellar 2012 all stars) but again the previous roadmap has been thrown out and the plan is to use the next two years to get out all the big names and fan demanded characters to basically wrap everything up. So no prototype/concept art characters (at least not in the sub) no brand new nobody cares about Mary Sue guys (i.e. Mighty Spector) just those guys from the vintage line, the POP line, major Filmation characters and such. If we get to 2016 then we may go back to trying to expand with new characters but for now the focus is on getting Classics versions of those last few characters everyone's been waiting on.

Some new incentives to sub is we've got a better idea of who we're getting so we pretty much know over half the year's lineup.

CONFIRMED:
TWO BAD- shown
GLIMMER -shown
HYDRON -shown
MODULOK -shown
SCORPIA -teaser pic shown/ now essentially confirmed by Toyguru
BLADE -teaser weapon shown/ now essentially confirmed by Toyguru
TUNG LASHOR or SSSQUEEZE -Toyguru confirmed one in 2014 the other in 2015
EXTENDAR or BLAST ATTAK -Toyguru confirmed one in 2014 the other in 2015

RUMORED:
LOO-KEE -possible prototype shown but release not confirmed
MADAME RAZZ with BROOM -Heavily rumored
DRAGSTOR -some hints indicate he's in the 2014 lineup

Also Eric Tredaway of the Four Horsemen confirmed "IF YOU HAVE A FAVORITE PRINCESS OF POWER FIGURE, YOU WILL HAVE HER BY THE END OF 2015"

Blade is slated for 2014 Gwildor and Saroud will be in either 2014 or 2015

ToyGuru also confirmed they want to get to the other vintage variants within the next two years [TERROR CLAWS SKELETOR, LASER LIGHT HE-MAN, LASER POWER SKELETOR...]

So please sub if you can. I am. Once we get through these last couple years of all important characters, then maybe we can begin to let go, but not now, not yet.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: