80sCartoons.net Forum Index

rare movie set in a far off galaxy from early to mid 80's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kullgh
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: rare movie set in a far off galaxy from early to mid 80's Reply with quote

I only saw this movie once when I was between 5 and 8 years old (1985 - 1988). I believe it was on HBO, but it may have been on Nickelodeon. The "good guys" were pink snork-like humanoids (their noses were snork-like) and the bad guys were pig-like humanoids who dressed in military attire. The plot was something like Star Wars, where the pink guys flew fighter space craft and were battling the pigs who had a space station and fighters of their own. Anyone remember this movie? I remember thinking at the time that it was the coolest movie I ever saw and have never seen it since.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vague similarities,

Raccoons and the Lost Star (83)
http://www.gilsinan.com/raccoons/specials/loststar.shtml
----------------------------------

Shaffer the Sheepdog finds what looks like a two seat biplane. He gets inside, soon the pilot returns and doesn't seem to see Schaffer huddled down hiding in the other seat. The plane climbs above the clouds, and then transforms, and converts itself into a craft more suited for space travel.

He's taken to a forested world taken over by the aardvark Ceril Sneer and his piggy cronies. Shaffer joins the resistance, and he, the raccoons, the aardvardk Sophia TuTu and Ceril's son Cedric aide the rebellion in tier attempt to take their planet back from the tyrant

Ceril Sneer needs a fallen star to power his newest super weapon to make his victory complete.The rebels must keep him from finding it..

View Brief Clip

--------------------------------------------

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely sounds like The Raccoons. That was one of my favorite '80s cartoons from childhood- love that show. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
kullgh
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Absolutely Amazing Reply with quote

I'm very impressed, not only with your knowledge of obscure 80's cartoons, but with your ability to extrapolate the correct cartoon from partially correct data provided by me. If there were a super bowl of cartoon trivia, you'd be going to Disney World (or some obscure version of Disney World, at least).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: