80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Speed Buggy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imranbadr
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Speed Buggy Reply with quote

The characters looked so much like Scooby characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjveJyqI6yM

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Speed Buggy and Scooby-Doo were both made by Hanna Barbera so if they are ripping someone off, at least it's their own creations they're ripping off.
And I agree that Tinker always reminded me of Shaggy. (And Tinker's relationship with Speed Buggy is quite similar to that of Shaggy and Scooby.)
Which makes it all the funnier and interesting to see all of these characters together on one show in "Scooby's All Star Laff-A-Lympics"
Very Happy

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O

Last edited by MacGyver on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devin99
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a Synopsis about speed buggy:

Don’t let the sputter and cough fool you: Speed Buggy is one fast-wheelin’ hero who always saves the day! Designed by master mechanic Tinker and his friends Debbie and Mark, Speedy can bolt, zoom, fly, dig, swim, and float his way to the finish line for racing thrills you won’t believe. In this 4-Disc, 16-Episode Complete Series Collection, Speedy and the gang zip around the world, collecting winner’s trophies and fighting diabolical criminals, including Dr. Kloog who plans to build an army of slave cars, or Professors Krishna and Digby who use an invisibility potion to steal ancient treasures. Speedy’s daring adventures abound with diamond thieves in Africa, a crazed pirate who intends to take over the oceans and a civilization of Amazon women with a mind-control machine, plus more evil villains that only Speedy can outwit. Take your family on a ride they’ll never forget with Speed Buggy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: