80sCartoons.net Forum Index

New He-man?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May's figure is Catra.

the next DC vs. MOTU 2-pack is Green Lantern vs. Zodac. Zodac has different feet and white gloves.

There's quite a few re-releases set for this year too so if you missed out you can catch up some.

MOTUC release schedule (changes are possible):

Jan:
Vikor
Palace Guards (2010 product shipping late,)
The Goddess (sale of extra backstock)
Castle Grayskull Stands (reissue)
Mo-Larr Vs Toothless Skeletor (reissue)

Feb:
Bow
Preternia He-Man (not for sale but will ship to Club members)
Etheria Map (not for sale but will ship to Club members)
Shadow Beast (1st quarter large scale figure)
Keldor (reissue)
Tytus (reissue)

March:
King Hiss
Battle Armor Skeletor (1st Quartlery figure)
Princess Adora (reissue)
Count Marzo (reissue)

April:
Sy-Klone
Panthor (2nd Quarter large scale beast)
Weapons Rack (new item, not part of the club)
Moss Man (reissue)

May:
Catra
Whiplash (reissue)
Stratos (reissue)

June:
Monthly Figure
2nd Quarterly figure
Reissue figure

Late 2011
Swift Wind (3rd or 4th Quarterly large scale)
$40 quarterly large scale (3rd or 4th)

the June figures will be revealed in Feb at New York Toy Fair. No real clues as to who but here's some facts we do know:

We don't know if Swift Wind will be 3rd or 4th quarter yet but we do know the other quarterly large scale is priced at $40 as opposed to the normal $30 for large scale. From this we know it's one of 2 things:

1. Someone really tall. Tytus ran $40 so this new one could be his evil counterpart Megator. Or maybe someone unexpected like Granamyr the dragon. More likely its:

2. an army builder 2-pack. Like the Palace Guards were/are. The most likely army builder now would be Horde Troopers.

We know we're supposed to get The Faceless One this year. He was originally slated for May but got delayed. So it's quite possible he's the June figure.

We're getting at least 1 NA character this year and it will be a good guy. An answer given in a Q&A indicated that it is NOT Flipshot. (Hydron would seem the next most likely candidate)

We're getting at least 4 female figures not counting re-releases (but maybe counting quarterly variants) So Catra's first 3 more (Come on Sorceress!!!)

We know Clamp Champ is NOT on the schedule for this year.

And finally while not 100% for sure a He-man.org member who usually has good inside info has said we'll be getting at least one more Evil Horde member this year after Catra.

EDIT: Evil-Lyn's re-issue has been removed/delayed. Instead they will be offering The Goddess again. However this is not an actual reissue as there is no new production, these are just extra backstock from the first production run that they had left over.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toy Fair was this weekend and the next few MOTUC are revealed.

June monthly figure= THE FACELESS ONE

A new character introduced in the 200X cartoon Faceless One is Evil-Lyn's father though he is more neutrally aligned. The figure comes with the mystic Ram Stone as seen in the cartoon as well as a version of Skeletor's havoc staff with glowing red horns. (sadly I feel they put too much detail into the face of someone who's supposed to be faceless)

2nd Quarterly Variant= BATTLE GROUND TEELA

This figure is based on an early Pre-Filmation comic mini-series. Teela had-and thus the figure has- long blond hair and her outfit -well there's not much to it. I mean that literally this could well be called Scantly Clad Teela her top is little more than a metal bikini. (on the plus side this results in a new body sculpt for future female characters) How exactly this figure is going to be worked into the storyline I don't know. Most likely she will be end up being a different character like Vikor was.

July Monthly Figure= CLAWFUL

With both Whiplash and Buzz-Off out it was clear this guy was coming soon. He comes with his classic green mace as well as a new shield shaped like a crab shell

August Monthly Figure = MAN-E-FACES

While paint deco on the figure is not finalized his sculpt looks great and yes he will have his classic feature where you rotate his head to change the faces.

3rd Quarterly Large Scale = MEGATOR

Well we knew it was either him or an army builder and while I would have liked to get Horde Troopers, Megator looks great and I can finally own this character seeing as the vintage one is all but impossible to find and even when you do he's too expensive.

They also revealed the 4th DC VS MOTU 2-pack for this year = She-Ra vs. Supergirl

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

September's figures were revealed a Wondercon and it's a Horde invasion! The monthly figure is Leech and the Quarterly variant is Hurricane Hordak.

No it's not April Fools see for yourself

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SDCC MOTUC item will be Queen Marlena. She will come with a sword and staff as well as an alternate head, space tunic with bubble helmet, riffle, gun belt and pistol to transform her from the Queen back into Captain Glen (or the other way around!) and as yet another extra bonus she comes with
Cringer! (articulated at the head and tail)

She will be packed out as Queen Marlena at SDCC and as Captain Glenn on Mattycollector.com after the show. Both versions will have all the parts for both figures but each will have a bio unique to the pack out.

Not really a MOTUC item but there will also be a special 3 pack at the con of Polly Pocket dolls dressed as She-Ra, Catra, and Frosta.

(so maybe MOTUC Frosta is coming soon?)

vivian
Radical

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a Hordak now, i agree with it

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet another SDCC item- a MOTU vs DC 2-pack

Bizzaro vs. Faker (in battle armor!)

Fans who are unable to attend the show can still purchase the exclusive Toys“R”Us San Diego Comic-Con merchandise online at Toysrus.com/comiccon2011 starting Thursday, July 21. However, there is a limited number of each item, so fans should visit Entertainment Earth at booth #2343 or Toysrus.com/comiccon2011 early to purchase the below action figures.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey if you're trying to collect this line but missed out on some vital characters here's your chance to catch up. On July 15 in addition to the regular monthly figure (Clawful) and the regular monthly re-release (Buzz-Off) several past characters are going to be available for sale

He-Man
Skeletor
Battle Cat
Zodak
Hordak
Trap Jaw
Evil-Lyn
Panthor
She-Ra

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad news the MOTUC vs DC 2-packs have been canceled.

The Zodac/ Green Lantern and She-Ra/Supergirl packs should still show up in stores and the Bizzaro/Faker pack will be released but after that no more. Sadly it seems there is just not enough retailers ordering. (probably because the packs aren't moving anymore)

the regular line is still going strong though. New figures to be revealed at SDCC next week

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad about that then. I thought the MOTU vs DC 2-packs were pretty cool myself.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: the "reveals" have changed.... someone's messing with us Crying or Very sad

Well we do have one confirmed reveal the first vehicle is WIND RAIDER

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg735/scaled.php?tn=0&server=735&filename=ahrvl.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay the reveals are out and it turns out the first leaked list was real and the others were to keep us guessing. (not sure if they planned this all along or they slipped up and tried to cover it) Settle in because there's a LOT of news to cover.

OCTOBER MONTHLY FIGURE: ICARIUS (aka Flipshot)

Here's our NA character for the year. Apparently Mattel cannot call him Flipshot anymore because that name is now trademarked by NERF but fortunately they had an already existing alternate name. (it was his name on European packaging) Icarius has his jetpack and arm mounted missiles and comes with 2 heads. One with and one without his helmet. As a new feature the visor on his helmet opens.

OCTOBER VEHICLE: WIND RAIDER

The iconic vehicle gets a super detailed update. Apparently will have a working grappling hook just like the vintage, opening panels on the engines showing the inner workings, and comes with a stand for "in flight" display. (no pilot included) Price is $40 and note it is NOT included in the subscription.

NOVEMBER MONTHLY FIGURE: SNOUT SPOUT

While he won't have his vintage water squirting action it does appear he has some articulation in his trunk. His accessories include his fire axe and some new claw/clamp thing that I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. If you have a 2011 subscription the figure will be shipped with a sticker sheet of the faction logos (Horde, Snake Men, ect...) as seen on the packaging. Again only subscription holders get the sticker sheet.

NOVEMBER QUARTERLY VARIANT: BATTLEGROUND EVIL-LYN

For the most part this is just a repaint of the previous Evil-Lyn -but a much desired repaint. The first Lyn was done in the vintage figure's colors with the 2 shades of blue outfit and banana slug yellow skin. This figure has flesh tone skin (albeit a slightly pale flesh tone) and a purple and black outfit with a new cape. She includes the same staff and knife as the first figure but painted to match. As an extra bonus she has a different left hand which is open in a "spell casting" position and comes with a second head featuring her without her helmet.

NOVEMBER QUARTERLY BEAST: SWIFT WIND

Remember how the vote was for either toy pink or Royal white but not cartoon colors? Forget it. Swifty is done in full Filmation colors and looks like he's right out of the cartoon! His wings are articulated however they don't appear to be removable so it looks like he's just Swift Wind and can't become Spirit.

NOVEMBER EXTRA FIGURE: BUBBLE POWER SHE-RA (aka She-Ra 2.0)

Okay here's the deal: there were some issues with the She-Ra figure. Her dress was one solid piece of not very flexible plastic. Thus she could not turn her waist and her leg movement was limited -making it hard for her to sit on Swift Wind right. Plus her toy style head had a hole in it where her tiara/mask plugged in -fans were not pleased. The main idea of this new She-Ra was to fix these problems. Her new sculpt allows waist movement and her skirt is molded different and made of a softer material so she has more leg movement. She has a new toy-style head with no hole (her tiara now clips on to the sides of her head) And as a bonus her boots and armbands now have detailed designs on them.

But Mattel decided not to stop there. The figure includes her Bubble Power outfit (that fits over her standard dress) and accessories (different sword, shield and bubble wand) On the downside she does not include her more familiar Filmation style head, cape and sword. You'll need to get a She-Ra 1.0 and combine parts to create the ultimate She-Ra figure. Also note this figure is NOT included in the subscription.

DECEMBER MONTHLY FIGURE: DEMO MAN

Who is this? Essentially he's the evil counterpart to the Vikor figure we got earlier this year. Just as Vikor was based on the original concept art for He-Man, Demo Man is based on the concept art for what would become Skeletor (frankly he looks like a cross between Skeletor and Beast Man) He comes with a sword and mace plus two extra heads... that aren't really for him! One is a Skeletor head based on the old Alcala artwork (more hideous skull design) and the other is a helmeted skull -with no lower jaw. It's more of a display accessory than an extra head.

On to 2012 and I think you'll want to get the subscription (on sale now through 2pm on Aug. 5) because we got some real winners right off the bat.

JANUARY MONTHLY FIGURE: THE SORCERESS

What can I say besides "FINALLY!", and "she is BEAUTIFUL!" As you'd expect she comes with her staff and Zoar falcon form in Sorceress colors. (unlike the Zoar that came with Teela this one includes a perch/stand)

JANUARY QUARTERLY MULTIPACK: THE STAR SISTERS

The Star Sisters -Starla, Jewlstar and Tallstar- are Princess of Power characters that were prototyped, advertised, and even made a brief cameo in one episode of the She-Ra cartoon, but were never released. Jewlstar could turn into a gemstone (similar to Rockon and Stonedar) Tallstar could stretch/extend her body to grow (like Extendar) and I'm not sure about Starla but as I recall she would have had some kind of light-up feature.

Well they're finally coming -but due to the "no action features" rule Starla and Jewlstar are without power features. Tallstar however will feature removable lower legs and includes insertable extension pieces to make her "grow". All three sisters come with staff/wands and the pack also includes Glory their bird companion. (a Zoar/Screech repaint) This set will cost a big $60, but keep in mind you're getting three figures in it so it evens out.

FEBRUARY MONTHLY FIGURE: FISTO

Despite Mattel previously saying "no more 200X heads" Fisto does come with a second head done in 200X style with the Nordic warrior like headband. He also includes a removable 200X style belt and comes with both his vintage style sword and the giant berserker style sword that was designed but for some reason did not get included with the 200X figure.

MARCH MONTHLY FIGURE: KOBRA KHAN

Comes with his gun, a second head that features his cobra hood extended, and his small lizard creature companion from the 2002 cartoon.

MARCH QUARTERLY VARIANT: THUNDER PUNCH HE-MAN

While he won't have a working action feature (making this figure purely for the nostalgic look) he does come with his slotted shield that has a (presumably fake) cap ring in it. Also include a translucent yellow power sword. Strangely the figure on display had no back to his armor. I assume the final figure will have the backpack like the vintage one.

SUBSCRIPTION EXCLUSIVE: MAP OF PRETERNIA

Once again subscription members get an exclusive bonus map poster this time of Preternia aka Eternia during the ancient time of He-Ro and King Grayskull before Hordak cast the "Spell of Separation" that vastly changed the plant's landscape and resulted in the light and dark hemispheres.

and if that's not enough to make you want the subscription... (drum roll please)

SUBSCRIPTION EXCLUSIVE FIGURE: SHADOW WEAVER

Yes you read that right, at long last we get our sought after Shadow Weaver figure. She comes with a magic wand, book of spells, and has a clear stand for that floating effect. Again though (much to many a fan's annoyance) SHADOW WEAVER IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO PEOPLE WHO PURCHASE THE 2012 YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION. Nevertheless we finally got her!

But wait, you realize what this means right?

MATTEL HAS ACQUIRED THE FILMATION LICENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now as I understand it Classic Media still owns the rights to the cartoon and thus the cartoon exclusive characters, but they have partnered up with Mattel and we can now have figures of these beloved characters. So far only Shadow Weaver has been announced but Mattel has said to expect at least 2-3 Filmation characters per year going forward. Also from this partnership we will be getting other merchandise like T-shirts next year.

On a possibly related note Mattel has said the rest of the 2012 lineup is not fully finalized yet. Since the Filmation rights were apparently acquired only recently it's possible they now want to rearrange the release order to fit the characters in.

It has been announced that one upcoming Large Scale beast is GRANAMYR the dragon. SDCC attendees this year got to vote on if he would be colored red like on the Filmation cartoon or green like he was in his mini-comic appearance. He will be red. Though apparently he's an extra exclusive and won't be part of the subscription. (so much for all in)

Speaking of mini-comics there will be brand new mini-comics packed in with the 2012 Quarterly variants. Published by Dark Horse comics, the stories will be created by Scott Neitlich, Script by Tim Seeley, Art by Wellinton Alves, Cover by Eric Powell, Colors by Michael Atiyeh and Letters by Nate Piekos! This will be a three issue limited series the first of which will come with Thunder Punch He-Man (not sure if it will be packed in the box or just shipped with. MOC collectors be wary)

But we're not through yet!

In celebration of MOTU's 30th anniversary a special series of six BRAND NEW CHARACTERS are being made. Note however that these are not included in the subscription.

JANUARY ANNIVERSARY FIGURE: FEARLESS PHOTOG

Technically this is not a brand new character although this will be his first figure. Back in the 80's Mattel held a create a character contest and the winner would receive not only prize money and a trip to Disneyland but would have their character made into a figure in the line. Well Photog was the winner and the creator got the money and trip... but the figure was never made. Until now.

I'm not sure if he's supposed to be a robot, cyborg, or guy in a suit but basically his head looks like a camera (hence Photog) As I recall he's meant to be a sort of spy character and can drain the energy of those he films. He will come with a shield and a camera/gun weapon.

MARCH ANNIVERSARY FIGURE: DREAGO MAN

Created by the Four Horsemen (the guys who sculpt the figures in this and the 200X line) He is a sort of dragon man. (looks kinda like Dragoon) Not sure if he's a hero or villain yet. he comes with a sword and shield plus some semi-translucent "flame" accessories (I think they attach to his sword)

The third anniversary figure is yet to be shown but will be a character created by Geoff Johns (of DC Comics fame). The next two will be new characters by created by Mattel and the final anniversary figure will be created by whoever wins the...

NEW CREATE A CHARACTER CONTEST!

Yes Mattel is holding a new contest where you could create the next MOTU figure. I'm not going to bother posting the full rules and conditions here but if you're interested head over to Mattycollector.com and check it out.

You can check out some pics of the new upcoming figures here:
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2011_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FMOTUC_Day_2%2F&start=0

and here:
http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/masters-of-the-universe-classics-2012-4511/

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got some new info to update:

The missiles on Icarius' jetpack are removable. While there is no actual action feature you can sort of flick/fire them if you know what I mean.

the Wind Raider's grapple hook does have spring loaded firing -an actual action feature -and has the wind up feature of the original toy

Swift Wind's wings apparently are removable so you can sort of turn him into Spirit however there will be the holes in the body where they plug in

The original Skeletor figure will be getting a re-release in December so collectors can pick up an extra body for the Alcala head that comes with Demo Man

Thunder Punch He-Man will have his backpack -it wasn't finished in time for SDCC - also it's planned that he will have a completely closed fist like the vintage figure and the plan (barring cost issues) is he will include a type of "energy charge" that goes over his fist to create a sort of visual thunder punch

Fearless Photog's head will have a semi-action feature where the lens on his camera head can "focus" in and out

Dreago Man has been confirmed to be an evil warrior working for Skeletor.

The six 30th anniversary line figures are a ONE TIME deal. They will NEVER get a re-issue so if you want them get them on the sale date.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I'm not really big into He-Man and all (mainly because I didn't grow up watching it- but I've seen some of it here and there)- I do appreciate you keeping the forum members and particularly the He-Man fans on here up to date on the toys news. They have made some pretty cool He-Man figures recently and you've been dedicated to keep everyone up to date- so just wanted to say good job and thanks for doing that. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately it appears the line is going to experience a price increase.

Quote:
Since we launched the MOTUC line in 2008, while costs have risen we've worked hard to hold prices for 6" figures at $20 each. For 2012, prices for figures purchased through the subscription will remain as previously advertised ($20 for 6" figures, $30-$60 each for beasts/variants/multi-packs). We're finalizing the numbers now, but figures and other items sold outside the subscription during our monthly sales at MattyCollector.com will definitely be higher. If you don't already have a subscription, you'll want to get one when they're re-opened on September 16th to lock in the 2008 pricing!

Oh but yeah that's the other thing if you missed out on the sub sales they're going back on sale starting Sept. 16 through Oct 3. Last chance.

Once again I will remind you if you want Shadow Weaver this is the only way to get her.

Also on sale will be a separate sub for the 30th anniversary figures. Of particular notice: apparently if you get the sub you will pay the previous sale price of $20 per figure but they will be sold at the yet to be announce increased price on the site on sale day.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powercon was this weekend and there were some new reveals and info.

Due to fans complaining that November was too crowded (i.e. expensive) Battle Ground Evil-Lyn has been pushed back to a December release.

Due to production delays The Wind Raider has also been pushed back to December. Unfortunately it also seems to be the first victim of the price increase as it will now cost $45.

The final cost increase for the monthly figures is not decided but will be from $1 to $5.

Battle Cat and Mer Man will be re-released in October.

Due to cost issues Drago Man will be coming only with his flame sword. Mattel is hoping to eventually release his other accessories with later figures.

Okay on to new reveals:

APRIL MONTHLY FIGURE: STINKOR

Comes with 2 heads -one vintage style (Mer Man repaint) one more 200X style with more skunk like ears and a (apparently removable) breath mask. His armor has air tanks on the back which I think can be removed. He also includes a shield and a new gun.

APRIL/ SECOND QUARTERLY LARGE SCALE: GRIFFIN

Straight out of the 200X cartoon series where they were the primary mode of transportation for Skeletor's warriors. Arguably a bit smaller than proper scale should be but looks good.

APRIL(ish) EXTRA NON SUB ITEM: SNAKE MOUNTAIN STANDS

A new set of figure stands for display. The first set was designed with a green brick look to resemble part of Castle Grayskull. These new stands likewise are designed to resemble the rocky, lava pool ridden area around Snake Mountain. They will not be included in the subscription.

MAY MONTHLY FIGURE: SLUSH HEAD

One of the main, and more popular, villains from the NA line. Slush Head includes his backpack with mechanical tentacles and his laser gun. The original figure had a water filled helmet. Due to safety/health issues the new figure won't (water could go stagnant) but will be designed so you can fill the helmet with water yourself.

MAY 30th ANNIVERSARY FIGURE: THE MIGHTY SPECTOR

...yeah I make it a point to never say any character doesn't feel like they belong in MOTU but this guy comes close. He looks like a comic book vigilante (ala Deadpool). The character was designed by brand manager Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich. He is already getting a lot of negative reactions from the fanbase. I was watching a video of the reveal panel and every other reveal got loud cheering but when this guy was shown there was an awkward silence.

THROUGHOUT 2012 AT CONVENTIONS: TEMPLE OF DARKNESS SORCERESS

Okay you're probably saying, "wait what?" Okay let me explain. The figure is a simple repaint of The Sorceress... very simple. Her outfit is solid white. This is based on her appearance in some of the vintage mini comics such as "The Temple of Darkness" She has a different bio on her package and the main attraction is she comes with a highly detailed pedestal stand for the Orb of Power that came with the King Grayskull figure (she does not include the orb itself) The figure will be available at the various conventions throughout 2012 such as NYCC, C2E2 and so on (But not SDCC for some reason) the remaining stock at the end of the year will be sold on the website in December 2012 (not part of the sub) Presumably there will be some set aside specifically for this sale but how much is available total will depend on how many sell at the other cons.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay now that the board's back up I can tell you about last month's new reveals.

JUNE MONTHLY FIGURE: HORDE PRIME

Quite an elaborate looking figure. he has a removable hand that can be replaced with a crossbow weapon. He also comes with a staff and two completely different heads.

Prime has never had a figure before but appeared in different forms in various media. In the UK comics he fully appeared One head is designed after this look. In the Filmation cartoon he was never fully seen. All we saw was a large metal hand and a smoke obscured form of some kind. The second head comes with a removable mask/helmet that is inspired by what little we could see. The head underneath is being kept a secret. Mattel will not be showing it until after the figure has been released, stating you have to buy him to see his face. Even the review samples sent out will have the head removed in order to keep the secret.

JUNE 2nd QUARTERLY VARIANT: SNAKE MAN-AT-ARMS

If you watched the 200X cartoon you'll recall there was an episode where King Hiss used an artifact called The Serpent's Ring to turn people into Snake Men, including Man-At-Arms, Teela and Mekaneck. (we got a snake Teela figure in the 200X line) Well it wasn't going to end there. A plot point for the third season was going to have Hiss transform Man-At-Arms again and he would stay an evil Snake Man for some time (whole season) Well 200X show was canceled before this could come about but the story idea is being used for the MOTUC continuity hence this figure.

Regardless of how you feel about this story idea (personally I'm not too keen on it) this figure is really cheep. It is nothing more than the same Man-At-Arms figure previously released with a new head of him as a Snake Man. There is a minor paint variance but barely noticeable (like his boots are brown instead of black) The head is done well but no new armor, no new weapons, nothing. In fact he is coming with fewer accessories than the first figure. Just his mace and the Serpent's Ring. He will also include the second of the 3 part mini comic.

Fans have voiced disappointment in this figure so they are apparently looking into ways to spruce it up a bit. While they cannot add new accessories due to budget, they are thinking of changing his arms to use Robtoto's mold thus creating the metal/mechanized armor he had in the 200X line.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys just so you know Mattycollector.com's having a Black Friday sale with lots of reissues at reduced prices. The sale starts at 12:01 AM -that's midnight not the usual noon -PACIFIC time. The sale runs through Monday or while supplies last whichever comes first.

Normal figures are marked down from $20 to $18

Princess Adora
Skeletor
Battle Armor Skeletor
Teela
BattleGround Teela
Beast Man
Bow
Catra
King Hiss
Clawful
Faceless One
Goddess
King Grayskull (v2)
Man-E-Faces
Moss Man
Optikk
Scare Glow
Vikor
Whiplash
Zodak

SDCC exclusives are marked down from $25 to $22.50

Orko (With Prince Adam)
Captain Glenn (Queen Marlena)

Large beasts are marked down from $30 to $27

Battle Cat
Gygor

2-Packs and giants are marked down from $40 to $36

Palace Guards
Tytus
Megator
Mo-Larr vs Skeletor

Weapon Packs are marked down form $12 to $10.80

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, i'm looking forward to seeing horde prime. Curious how they'll do him. I just saw shadow weaver the other day, awesome! Makes me wish I had a subscription. So glad they can do Filmation characters now.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's some cool news. Mattel has announced they are going to start having some core characters from their lines available year round so you can buy them at any time. For MOTUC He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat and Panthor will be available starting in January. (Not sure if they'll be adding others later)

Also might as well mention Faker, Mer-Man and Battle Armor Skeletor are the monthly re-releases for January, expect big traffic if you go for them though remember the monthly figure is Sorceress.

Also the Star Sisters 3-pack has been moved to February due to January being too crowded.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh boy oh boy oh boy.............

There's been some kind of screw-up/delays with the shipments of upcoming figures as a result the release line-up has changed A LOT

It all started with Demo-Man in December. They only got half the shipment in by sale day do they decided to delay shipping ANY until the rest arrived. They JUST NOW got them in! It created such a mess Mattel made the decision that going forward they would make sure the shipments were in place FULLY and ready to go by sale day otherwise the figure would get bumped to the next month -even if they knew the shipment would be there only 2 days late it still got the full 30 day bump -yeah not the best method of handling it.

Well it happened. January's shipments were delayed and from what I understand they are expecting delays with others as well so they massively rearranged how the figures are coming out to try and get everyone out as soon as possible while also not putting too many in one month (I think they blew that second part) The hope is to be back on track by July.

January
Star Sisters

February
Sorceress
Fisto
Fearless Photog
Shadow Weaver & Preternia Map* – shipping automatically to sub holders, not for sale

March
Kobra Kahn

April
Thunder Punch He-Man
Draego-Man

May
Stinkor
Slush Head
Snake Mountain Stands – non-subscription item

June
Horde Prime
Snake Man-at-Arms
The Mighty Spector

July
Griffin
Monthly Figure – to be revealed at NYTF
30th Anniversary Series Figure – to be revealed at NYTF

NYTF is in February I think. Toyguru has said two of the reveals are "two of the most fan demanded ever"

A lot of collectors (myself included) feel February is too overcrowded and Toyguru stated they may slip Shadow Weaver to March. Many fans said they'd rather Fisto be the one bumped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: