80sCartoons.net Forum Index

lovecraft inspired cartoon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenshiro_it
Radical

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: lovecraft inspired cartoon? Reply with quote

Hello to everybody.

Im looking for a lovecraft inspred cartoon (it reminds something from the shadow of innsmouth), it has been virtually impossible to find any info about it everywhere. It seems Im the only person in the world who know about it (of course im ironic Wink but thats the feeling).

It's a short story, about some fishermen living in a small fishing village, who went out for fishing, meanwhile some fishlike humanoid creatures came out of the sea and carried off all the women and children. I think it ended with the men returning to find the village empty.

Now I dont really 100% remember when I saw it, but it was at home of a friend of mine in Italy and I was wery young, so I do belive it was in the 80's but the toon may also be older...I dont know, really!

Anyways I hope some of you can help me...thank you Very Happy

MattPNG
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly inhumanoids. I can't remember ever seeing it, but i stubled across it whilst looking up old cartoons

http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/inhumanoids.html

Cheers

Icemage
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't sound like Inhumanoids to me (for that matter, did that show ever get syndicated to Europe? I always thought it was marketing thing in North America, since it was a spinoff from Marvel Comics...). I watched Inhumanoids as a kid, and can't recall any episodes offhand that have that sort of plot.

Kenshiro_it: Do you remember what language the audio was in, and was it dubbed or subtitled?

That's pretty dark material for any pre-1970s animation, so it's probably safe to say it's at least circa 1970 or probably much later, but it doesn't ring any sorts of bells for me.

Kenshiro_it
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello...god this was long time ago I posted it. Thanks for the replyes.

My comp broke down, got a new one, and forgot all about this site and ofcourse my question.

Sadly no good news, still looking. No it isnt inhumanoid, and there wasnt any dialogue. But I remember it to be in a collection of weird cartoons around the world. Some of them i found later on yt. You may be familiar with harpia or Incubus?

If not Incubus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViCyI6dGYKk&list=FLZsjMuY_sY8Uep7FjMztqpQ&index=64&feature=plpp_video

and Harpya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFA5gPu2yZ8&feature=related

Harpya and Incubus was some other cartoons included in that broadcast I remember. Im aware that they may be older than the good ol' 80s but there were some newer toons and older all randomly included. So maybe that Lovecraft inspired short animation was older than the '80s or perhaps not.

Before my old comp crashed i read a message on a Lovecraft FB page from a man in UK who was looking for the same. He was also looking, as me in the dark!

Anyhow, this search starts to feel almust as the quest for the holy grail. Seems nobody remember it and simply it has been erased from the history. Weird indeed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: