80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Wizard of Oz Cartoon - Please help me find it!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunachyld
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Wizard of Oz Cartoon - Please help me find it! Reply with quote

I only have sketchy memories of it but I'll do my best to describe what I remember.

It was on weekday mornings (in Australia) and it had a fairly dark feel to it, the main scene I remember is there was a huge mountain path that a bunch of gnomes with pointy hats (possibly red) were walking along - I don't know if they were just walking or if they were mining things. I remember that Dorothy was on a long journey (I assume to oz, but I don't remember that part) and I never saw her get there, every episode seemed to just be more of her having to travel to wherever she was going. I think it might have been Japanese animation based on what I know now but I have no idea, I can't quite remember what Dorothy looked like but when I try to think about it 'Princess' from Raggy Dolls comes to mind - I don't know if they looked anything alike but I know that Dorothy didn't have the typical "pretty girl" look that other female cartoon characters had.

It's definitely not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCCeRQ-xyQ&playnext=1&list=PL5C0D7698AB4F7D8A&index=2 btw, this is far too pretty and wholesome looking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! This is something that has bothered me for years.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this anime series
based on the Oz books

Wonderful Wizard of Oz (86)
a.k.a. Oz no Mahotsukai

Wonderful Wizard of Oz
(YouTube.com)

there's an earlier animated movie
in which Dorthy's blonde
----------

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the wizard of oz cartoon. Cinar was the one who dubbed this so you might remember their intro better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPy4_f5alKA

I personally remember it being on ALL THE TIME and it seemed to take forever to see reruns. If it wasn't half way decent and there wasn't anything better on I might have been annoyed (I actually remember thinking "Hmm, there is nothing on tv which means if I go to the Showcase channel AH-HA! Wizard of Oz). The only rerun I ever remember seeing was when Dorthy was trying to find her friends amongst all these objects (for your viewing pleasure...in German: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuQ1RMhLzqY). You're probably remembering an episode in this arc (Ozma of Oz) as this is where our hero's went up against the Gnomb king who lived in a mountain/volcano or the following arc (The Emerald City of Oz) where the King plots his revenge. There are plot descriptions of each arch in the show's wiki article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wonderful_Wizard_of_Oz_(1986_TV_series)

I personally kept watching as I wanted to see the episode where they were looking for the queen of Oz (um, spoiler alert) and the witch who knew where she was said "well everyone was looking for a baby girl not a boy" or something like that. Coincidentally, the witch's apprentice/assistant was a boy. (also for your viewing pleasure...in German: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12dooNSfybg)

Anyway, if this is not the version you remember wiki also lists all the spin offs they can find here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wizard_of_Oz_(adaptations)

Lunachyld
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straydog: Hey, it turns out that's it! I'd seen that but it didn't look familiar so I didn't pay it any more attention, but it is ^_^

teddy0bear: Thanks so much for all that info! I didn't recognise the cartoon as being the right one - once I saw a scene from the Ozma of Oz section though (with gnomes in red pointy hats speaking German) it suddenly had that wondrous click of nostalgia occur in my head.

Thank you both so much!

poyanee
Radical

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I edit my personal information in Word Resume Wizard for Mac? I am making a resume using the Resume Wizard feature in Microsoft Word for Mac, but I can't edit the personal information. My name is at the top, but underneath it has brackets that illustrate where I should put my personal information (ex. Phone: [your phone]) but the text is in grey and I can't click on it to actually put my phone number on my resume. How do i put my personal information on my resume?

Last edited by poyanee on Thu May 05, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
LepricahnsGold
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1). I don't know. Try finding help files online for Word Resume Wizard for Mac.
2). This is not a Word Resume Wizard or Mac help forum.
3). I don't even own a Mac.

"Oh, those kids are after me Lucky Charms!" - Lucky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: