80sCartoons.net Forum Index

80's Toy Story Made Me Nostalgic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CApgar
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: 80's Toy Story Made Me Nostalgic Reply with quote

Let me start by saying I am a huge G.I. Joe guy (actually had more cobra stuff then the Joes) and loved the games Axis & Allies and Fortress America from the eighties.

I still have a huge box of toys from my childhood that my kids can't figure out why I won't let them play with in my closet Smile

Speaking about that box, I joined this forum today because my boss passed on a story to me last week and it made me remember that box in my closet and I started getting all nostalgic about it.

If you get the chance check out the story:

http://www.citypages.com/2011-03-30/news/the-land-of-gobots-pound-puppies-and-care-bears/

and the Slideshows:

http://www.citypages.com/slideshow/care-bears-toys-of-minnesota-32931587/

http://www.citypages.com/slideshow/gobots-tonkas-answer-to-transformers-32904827/

Hope it makes you just as nostalgic as I did. Digging through my box I found one of my sister's toys. I know he was from Strawberry Shortcake but I can't remember his name. Looks like Waluigi with a big chef's hat on his head. Must have taken him hostage with my Cobra troopers Smile

Anyways have a great day and hope to chat with you all soon.

C Apgar
Assistant Web Editor
Citypages.com

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, CApgar. I love G.I. Joe too- though I definitely have more of the Joes than the Cobras. Wink
Having actually just recently watched the original 1981 Strawberry Shortcake special with my niece, I can tell you that the guy with a chef's hat is The Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak. Very Happy

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
CApgar
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL That is sooo awesome!

Now that you say his name I think I actually remember it from back in the day. I think I made him in charge of feeding all my Cobra Troops Smile

I don't know why I gravitated to the Cobra stuff instead of the Joes. I think it was cause all their vehicles were black and black was cool!

I do know the one Joe toy I always wanted though was the Aircraft Carrier. Had the big Night Raven plane but never got the aircraft carrier...Sad

LepricahnsGold
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf6poz8bvjw

"Oh, those kids are after me Lucky Charms!" - Lucky
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think every boy in the '80s (and some girls too) wanted the Aircraft Carrier from the G.I. Joe line! Yeah, I wish I had that to play with too. I love the Aircraft Carrier! It's so bad! Smile Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: